Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UMass Lowell 2021-2022: Which way are we going?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CHN article: Despite Turnover, Lowell is Back to Its Old Self : College Hockey News

Comment

• I thought tonights game against UMA, the refs let umass kinda do what they wanted. The penalty again by meehan just dumb

Comment

• Postgame press conference: Head Coach Norm Bazin Postgame vs UMass (1/30/22) - YouTube

Comment

• Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
          Thanks for sharing this. The school doesn't release these as often anymore. I wasn't at yesterday's game, but I did catch the 3rd period on the radio. I know Lowell still leads the standings by a point, but with a game in hand, I think Umass will go on to win the league. They have more talent, and they showed it yesterday. Maybe Lowell can get revenge in the tournament.

Barry asked Norm about the Bentley games and he was non committal. Strange. Given the distance between schools, you would think squeezing in a pair of Tue or Wed mid week games wouldn't be difficult. I wonder what is going on there? There isn't much time left in the season, feels like they either won't be played at all, or only one will.

That win Friday was season saving. Let's hope Lowell plays like with a lot of hunger this coming Friday. Andy and Bob mentioned BC has not won a game during the month of January and they've just lost some key players due to the Olympics. That said, it's still BC. I'm sure there is still half a dozen or more NHL draft picks on that roster that can wake up at any time. Look at BU, they got it together.

Comment

• if i were the school i would not be in a rush to schedule games against bentley. COVID could come up again for any of our schedule. Those will not be easy wins and would only be of benefit to both schools if they thought they were better off playing tuesday games instead of practicing.
            BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
            Skating Friar Jersey
            AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
            UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
            Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

• I hope the Hawks get another shot at the Minutemen. Agree about the talent difference but it's not like the Hawks are getting blown out. Scott Morrow has been a huge get for UMA, 5 points (3-2-5) in the 3 games against Lowell. He's also the top scoring defenseman in the league. It's my understanding he was committed to North Dakota but they wanted him to play another year in juniors.

I'm surprised they haven't made a decision on those Bentley games. They're running out of time. I can't believe no one asked Norm when Jonsson and Korencik are expected back when he brought them up in press conference.

Let's hope BC waits until Monday to break out of their funk.

Comment

• Rumor I heard through the grapevine is to expect us to release a new 3rd and debut it against Dartmouth this weekend

Comment

• Lower Sun article: https://www.lowellsun.com/2022/02/01...ver-hawks/amp/

Comment

• Great win. Glad to have Isac back. 2 assists including the late game winner.

Comment

• Fourth line stepped up big time, was the best line of the night. Nice to be on the right side of a comeback.

Comment

• two wins... good... tough part, if you want me comfortable about the NCAAs going into the conference playoffs I think we need to finish 7-0. 6-1 leaves us 11th and another loss would put us into perilous territory. Beer sounds good right about now.

Skating Friar Jersey

Comment

• The road game at Bentley has officially been cancelled and will not be rescheduled.
                          Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                          "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

• I dont understand why they couldnt do this monday amd next monday

Comment

• Originally posted by umlhockey22490 View Post
                              I dont understand why they couldnt do this monday amd next monday
                              because they don't want to. edit: I assume the home game is also cancelled or are they figuring that one out
                              Last edited by Patman; 02-07-2022, 09:36 PM.

Skating Friar Jersey

Comment

• Originally posted by Patman View Post
                                two wins... good... tough part, if you want me comfortable about the NCAAs going into the conference playoffs I think we need to finish 7-0. 6-1 leaves us 11th and another loss would put us into perilous territory. Beer sounds good right about now.
                                Agree with 7-0 finish. Probably needs some help getting in a regional. Big fans of Colorado College and Wisconsin this weekend.

Comment

Working...
                                X