Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UMass Lowell 2021-2022: Which way are we going?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
    It's always strange when a player goes to the bench knowing he deserves it, and is then told ... nah, you good. ***?

Thought we looked off to start but the three goals gave us the comfort we needed for this, because the second and third was basically all Maine. I kept thinking don't let them back into this game, not necessarily that they get a point from the game, but enough to not give them something to build on tonight. Too much sloppy play the second and third, and yes, I think a part of that was related to legs not being there from lack of games.

On a side note, I was actually impressed by the crowd last night. I'm expecting less than 1k tonight though (no matter what the "announced" attendance is).
    all the more concern for the second night. maybe we'll see some different players in the lineup for the reason of stamina? I also felt, and maybe this is an overall team problem, but if they were a bit quicker in choices in front of the net they could have had a couple more goals.
    BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
    Skating Friar Jersey
    AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
    UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
    Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

• Same result (W) the second night, with almost completely the same story line. Take a nice 3-0 lead, and then try and squander it away. Someone told me that Bob and his co-host commented that in the first period of both nights, it was clear who the team leading Hockey East was, and the last place team. The other four periods, it really was a toss-up. That's a great point by them. We need to do better to close out games as the competition will start ramping up soon. Merrimack just swept PC home and away, so Lowell better be prepared this weekend.
      Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
      2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
      2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
      2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
      2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

• Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
        Same result (W) the second night, with almost completely the same story line. Take a nice 3-0 lead, and then try and squander it away. Someone told me that Bob and his co-host commented that in the first period of both nights, it was clear who the team leading Hockey East was, and the last place team. The other four periods, it really was a toss-up. That's a great point by them. We need to do better to close out games as the competition will start ramping up soon. Merrimack just swept PC home and away, so Lowell better be prepared this weekend.
        I'd like to hope it was the COVID effect. I think Lowell was decent in the 2nd for the second game but didn't cash in for number 4 in that situation. Otherwise, I agree. Maine is awful no matter the propaganda about "hockey east top to down". I'm sorry, them and vermont are lower pack AHA teams right now. They need to be put away.

Hopefully the effort comes back and I'm hoping the conditioning knock because of COVID isn't the worst. Obviously I don't know what they were allowed to do when they had it under my impression that not all exhibitions of COVID were the same... and I don't know in general what protocols there are for those with colds/flus but hopefully some of them was still able to do some conditioning such as running if they weren't too symptomatic.

Skating Friar Jersey

Comment

• Anyone hear anything on the rescheduled games against bentley? Almost running out of dates

Comment

• Clash of the titans: UMass Lowell set to play pair with Merrimack – Lowell Sun

Bazin said Korencik’s availability for the weekend is in question. Korencik suffered a hand injury Saturday.

Comment

• Christian Folin will be the 6th Lowell player to take part in the Olympics for hockey.

Mark Kumpel - 1984 Team USA
              Dave Delfino - 1992, 1994, 1998 Team Italy
              Baptiste Amar - 2002 Team France
              Laurent Meunier - 2002 Team France
              Yorick Treille - 2002 Team France

Jon Morris was named to Team USA in 1988, but declined the invitation.
              Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
              "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

• of all the 5 minute majors that was one of the most needless and pointless ones I've ever seen. Meehan should feel ashamed for being that stupid.

Skating Friar Jersey

Comment

• Originally posted by Patman View Post
                  of all the 5 minute majors that was one of the most needless and pointless ones I've ever seen. Meehan should feel ashamed for being that stupid.
                  I didn't see the play or the game. The Hawks have had a bad habit of taking bad penalties this season. For the most part they've survived them, but not tonight. They need to play smarter. Big game tomorrow night.

Comment

• Originally posted by boblav1 View Post

I didn't see the play or the game. The Hawks have had a bad habit of taking bad penalties this season. For the most part they've survived them, but not tonight. They need to play smarter. Big game tomorrow night.
                    it was a end of play "push away" type of things... but instead it involved with a cross-check to the face... I almost want to think it happened because the hands got high and he didn't want to let go of his stick... it was a 5 minute major of sheer laziness in the way that it seemed. It wasn't out of revenge, or retaliation, or because he was doing X to the goalie... it was because he didn't take the time to release a hand off of the stick. I mean it was so very stupid.

Skating Friar Jersey

Comment

• Jandrak was constantly in the goalies face poking at him thats why he got the 2 at the end of the second

Comment

• So its not really a surprise meehan defended the goalie....but again still lazy

Comment

• Originally posted by umlhockey22490 View Post
                          So its not really a surprise meehan defended the goalie....but again still lazy
                          I have no problem with defending your goaltender. It's the penalties in general that I have the problem with. Even in games that they have won this season they have taken bad penalties that have made games closer than they needed to be. How many major penalties is that now? According to the box score, Lowell only had 2 power plays compared to 6 for Merrimack. That's a recipe for disaster.

I didn't see the game. Did the Hawks generate any consistent offense, grade A chances? How did they play overall?

They need points tonight with NU and UMA coming up next week.

Comment

• Sweep

Comment

• Originally posted by jackieg View Post
                              Sweep
                              Yup, give credit to Merrimack for another big weekend.

Comment

• Not gonna say this weekend was a disaster, but if they end up a couple spots out of the tournament this will be probably be why.

Comment

Working...
                                X