Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UMass Lowell 2021-2022: Which way are we going?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It looks like Alaska Anchorage will be on the schedule next season. Not sure if it will be home or away.

https://twitter.com/seawolf5thline/s...483339264?s=21

Comment

ALASKA?!!?! I hate foreign travel.

apparently the smilies aren't working... lets imagine the wink smilie was there
      BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
      Skating Friar Jersey
      AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
      UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
      Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Do you think we see Savory tonight or do they save him for a blue blood with very mixed results this season?

Comment

Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
          It looks like Alaska Anchorage will be on the schedule next season. Not sure if it will be home or away.

https://twitter.com/seawolf5thline/s...483339264?s=21
          Those will likely be home games. I was told that we'd be opening the 2023-24 season with a pair of games in Anchorage.
          Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
          "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by OnePack View Post
            Do you think we see Savory tonight or do they save him for a blue blood with very mixed results this season?
            I want Savory in net for both this weekend. He's had two weeks off.

Comment

Notes....

I don't have much to criticize about this one... I think they just didn't have luck fall their way in the first period and I think in general we were the better team. I would have liked to see a couple of more quick shots and I think waiting or a pass cost a few opportunities... I think a few lucky chancers could have snuck in... if you have a path to the goal and traffic just throw it in there.

I hate shootouts. Thank god we scored.

Who is the genius who ruined my 27 years of road knowledge rewiring by redoing all the exit numbers to mileage based. Exit 7 (lancaster) is were grandpa lives (lived) exit 6 (clinton) is where grandma lives (lived)...

"Efff Opposing team" is not a chant. If it were up to me I'd start tossing students for stupidity. Also learn to heckle the goalie more, the NU students out played you and out hustled you. Shame. Your first opponent is their goalie, the second is whoever you have dirt on, third is the refs. If you aren't irritating their goalie you are losing.

I need to get into shape desperately, god damn.

As noted in previous games, like the use of the Miami Soundmachine.

Refs probably should have called more in this game and its lucky it didn't turn ugly at times. A lot of stick and slash work to the body, I hope its not coming back into the game.

Somebody in the 2nd period almost had a highlight reel goal, forget who it was, but the stick work before the play, I think it was a stick check, turned into an opportunity and there was a sliver of daylight... close would have been a goal of the year contender.

Players coming onto the ice for warmups to... emo rock? I don't care if these kids were born when I was in HS. Shame!

Hard effort tonight and maybe its good the goals were hard to come by because you'll always have to work to get past boston college. Bring the lunch pails.

Skating Friar Jersey

Comment

Love the Swedish connection.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                University of Lowell, 1987

Comment

Lowell is for real. Wow they are good this year.
                  "We will play a style that is a puck-possession game, an up-tempo style ... It will rely on speed and toughness. I’m sure these players can
                  make that adjustment very easily. We’re going to make the Tsongas a tough place to get points for other teams." -UML Coach Norm Bazin

Comment

Originally posted by hawkeytown View Post
                    Lowell is for real. Wow they are good this year.
                    I really like the start to the year. I'm going to hold off on getting too excited till they actually play some road games (only one of their last seven was on the road). UConn always seems to give us a hard time, and then after a single v Maine, you've got two against Amherst. Let's see where we are at that point.
                    Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                    2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                    2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                    2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                    2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

We haven't seen play like this from a Lowell team in 4 or more seasons. Dominate puck possession. Regularly outshooting opponents, often by a wide margin. The defense looks locked in, breaking out of the defensive zone most of the time without a lot of difficulty. They are contributing on offense too, which I feel like had been lacking in recent seasons. They seem handle the puck better. Less whiffing on shots and broken sticks, and when those things do happen, a teammate is quick to get to the puck to keep up the pressure. Honestly they have been a pleasure to watch. I am glad they played so well this past weekend with a nearly full building. I questioned whether we would return to crowd sizes and atmosphere from several years ago and it looks like we have!

Comment

Most importantly did anyone else notice that the Sal's stand has gone from serving their Huge double slice for $9 to selling a traditional single slice for $5? Love the Tsongas but concession prices have gotten sky high.

Comment

Hadn't realized this until Barry Scanlon pointed it out (after Bob Ellis told him): Lowell has allowed a total of 5 even-strength goals through 9 games. They've scored 14 of their own (13 at 5-on-5 and Meehan's 3-on-3 OT goal on Friday). Overall, they have allowed a total of 16 goals in 9 games, while scoring 27. The average scoring margin of 1.22 goals per game is best in Hockey East and tied for 11th in the county.

https://twitter.com/Scanlon65/status...65069380575238
                          Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                          "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

I haven't seen a Lowell team dominate below the goal line in the attacking zone like this since the Gamby teams.

Can't remember anyone else in the history of Lowell hockey who plays like he is in total control, but just flat out ****ed off as Lucas. It's like Norm tells him that entire team kicked your dog before the game. Better do something about it kid....
                            Tully Rink Rat
                            Dick Umile Told Me To Go Fudge Myself Club
                            Youngstar
                            UML Class of 09

Comment

The style of play just seems ridiculous to me... I don't know if I'm seeing a modern evolution of the game or not... definitively a different style from where we started under norm.

Also the layering and multiple options on the breakout... player awareness. You can see how it starts to fall apart when the team gets frustrated. This team plays really smart, it'll be interesting to see what kinds of teams break them down.
                              Last edited by Patman; 11-15-2021, 04:42 PM.

Skating Friar Jersey

Comment

Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
                                We haven't seen play like this from a Lowell team in 4 or more seasons. Dominate puck possession. Regularly outshooting opponents, often by a wide margin. The defense looks locked in, breaking out of the defensive zone most of the time without a lot of difficulty. They are contributing on offense too, which I feel like had been lacking in recent seasons. They seem handle the puck better. Less whiffing on shots and broken sticks, and when those things do happen, a teammate is quick to get to the puck to keep up the pressure. Honestly they have been a pleasure to watch. I am glad they played so well this past weekend with a nearly full building. I questioned whether we would return to crowd sizes and atmosphere from several years ago and it looks like we have!
                                This is exactly my thoughts too… and the layers on the forecheck is catastrophic for other teams. If teams get into the offensive zone, It’s so hard for them to maintain long possession times in the offensive zone. When Lowell is in the offensive zone, the cycle and swing play is just amazing. And I LOVE the physicality they are bringing. As Lowell fan, they are fun to watch…
                                "We will play a style that is a puck-possession game, an up-tempo style ... It will rely on speed and toughness. I’m sure these players can
                                make that adjustment very easily. We’re going to make the Tsongas a tough place to get points for other teams." -UML Coach Norm Bazin

Comment

Working...
                                X