Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UMass Lowell 2021-2022: Which way are we going?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah that period looked a lot better. Need to be hair on fire in 3rd to get next goal.

Comment

Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
      Yeah that period looked a lot better. Need to be hair on fire in 3rd to get next goal.
      Lowell has the legs right now. I was hoping they'd draw a penalty in the last 90 seconds but LIU pushed back and lowell couldn't create pressure
      BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
      Skating Friar Jersey
      AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
      UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
      Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

well... that was embarrassing

Skating Friar Jersey

Comment

Can someone remind me... is LIU coach Brett Riley related to UMass Lowell icon Bill Riley? If so, would Brett have had his team motivated to play well in front of Bill? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
            well... that was embarrassing
            Yup, a missed opportunity, you can't let a team hang around. I thought the Hawks would finally take control once they took the lead but instead they had to kill off a major penalty. Give LIU credit they kept working and tied it up with the goalie pulled. With the weekend off the Hawks will have plenty of time to think about this one. Hopefully this doesn't cost them come the end of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post

Yup, a missed opportunity, you can't let a team hang around. I thought the Hawks would finally take control once they took the lead but instead they had to kill off a major penalty. Give LIU credit they kept working and tied it up with the goalie pulled. With the weekend off the Hawks will have plenty of time to think about this one. Hopefully this doesn't cost them come the end of the year.
              Well, nobody is going to help us, the league as as whole has been going down hill over the last several years. There is no hiding bad results.

Skating Friar Jersey

Comment

on a different note, Lee is a beast and look forward to the day he crosses over that very small line in development that makes him go bezerk mode... the effort on a play later in the game he didn't cash in on was great. There's some players that are certainly leading the effort. But Lee... it feels like he's just a thing away from just exploding out there.

---

Hitting from behind without a Game Misc? is that new?

Skating Friar Jersey

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
                  Hitting from behind without a Game Misc? is that new?
                  The call was boarding.

Rule 42 - Boarding
                  42.1 Boarding - A player shall not body check, cross-check, elbow, charge or trip an opponent from the front or side in such a manner that causes the opponent to be thrown violently into the boards (see Rule 50).
                  PENALTY—Minor or major at the discretion of the referee, based on degree of violence of the impact with the boards. A game misconduct or disqualification may be assessed at the discretion of the referee.
                  Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                  "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Sometimes I really hate it when I'm right.

Originally posted by ScottK View Post
                    Don't let LIU hang around in this game and give them some confidence. Sacred Heart 2013 and Bentley 2017 come to mind.

Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                    "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by ScottK View Post

The call was boarding.

fair enough... i guess the language has some room in that you don't have to give a misc or a DQ

Skating Friar Jersey

Comment

I hated that game so much because it was so f'in predictable. We all talked about it here that we were worried this would happen. Just thoroughly disappointing.
                        Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                        2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                        2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                        2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                        2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                          I hated that game so much because it was so f'in predictable. We all talked about it here that we were worried this would happen. Just thoroughly disappointing.
                          True. Said to my daughter early in the first period when UML was dominating but had nothing to show for it: “Here is the script - Riverhawks are totally outplaying LIU right now. That means LIU is going to score an easy goal. Then they are going up 2-0.”

Won’t bore you with the remainder of the script because it was inaccurate and had the Riverhawks coming away with an L.

Happy for Connor getting his 1st goal of the season.

Already mentioned earlier by someone else re: Andre Lee. Love the way he plays. For a big guy he can move very well. LIU was dogging him almost all night.

Also enjoy watching Crassa play. He is a pest, but in a good way. Always buzzing around trying to make things happen. Similar with Nik A-K.

Disappointing result from tonight, but potentially a good learning experience for the youngsters.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                          University of Lowell, 1987

Comment

While this may hurt us end of the year , with the way other Hockey East teams have played with OOC play, I don't think it'll be as drastic as we are thinking.

Comment

A preview of the Hawks next opponent. Harvard at Northeastern tonight on NESN at 7:00 pm.

Comment

Lowell Sun article.
                                https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.low...ver-hawks/amp/

Comment

Working...
                                X