Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UMass Lowell 2021-2022: Which way are we going?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very solid weekend for the boys in blue. Great work on the PK. Played a very aggressive style against MSU and almost made them pay multiple times last night while finally getting through on the PK with a shortie tonight.

Welsch looked great in net. Happy for him to get that SO

No idea if MSU knows how to skate or what they kept tripping over themselves multiple times and one led to a goal tonight for UML

Berglund and Lee have great chemistry together . Love having them back

UML seriously needs to work on the PP. It didn't cost them tonight but down the line it very well could. Can't keep letting 5 on 3 chances go by with nothing

Comment

Congrats to Chelmsford's Keith Aucoin who is going to be inducted into the AHL Hockey Hall of Fame. It was a pleasure to watch him play for the Lock Monsters during his time in Lowell.

Comment

Strong game from Lowell tonight. Lee was a monster all game. Nice glove save from Savory in the second period. Hope they can get the sweep tomorrow night at Tsongas Center.
        Lowell Forever
        Forever Lowell

Comment

6 games in, I think we could have won all 6. We are 4-1-1... so far so good. I'm sure there will be troubles at some point, always will be. Penalties cost us 2 of those points, IMO, if not 3. But that's the way it goes.
          BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
          Skating Friar Jersey
          AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
          UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
          Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Excellent weekend for Savory in goal for us. 4-1-1 and up to 6 in pairwise it looks like. Really liked the way we played tonight had multiple chances from my seats that looked like they were going in, but oh so close!

Happy to see the fanbase showing up and being heard. Love the chants and the heckling

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
              6 games in, I think we could have won all 6. We are 4-1-1... so far so good. I'm sure there will be troubles at some point, always will be. Penalties cost us 2 of those points, IMO, if not 3. But that's the way it goes.
              i think the silver lining there is, penalties can be fixed . If that’s the team’s Achilles heel, at least it’s something that can be focused on and improved. It’s not lack of talent or a system that just isn’t producing. So we got that going for us, which is nice. Now to kill some Sharks.
              Lowell Forever
              Forever Lowell

Comment

A very solid weekend for the team. I like the way the Hawks are playing with lots of energy and being very aggressive. Just take care of business Wednesday night against LIU.
                A sign of the times, the lack of media coverage is sad. I didn't see anything in the Lowell Sun (online edition) on either game.

Congrats to the UML Women's and Men's cross country teams for winning the America East Conference Championship.

Comment

Games like LIU are headcheck games. Play your game and you'll be fine. Try to win 142-0 and you'll lose 3-1

Skating Friar Jersey

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
                    Games like LIU are headcheck games. Play your game and you'll be fine. Try to win 142-0 and you'll lose 3-1
                    3 Keys to the Game

1. Score Early
                    2. Score Often
                    3. Don't Get Hurt

Don't let LIU hang around in this game and give them some confidence. Sacred Heart 2013 and Bentley 2017 come to mind. Just put them away early and then play your game and don't fall into any bad habits. LIU is 0-5 against D1 teams and has been outscored 26-6 and outshot 186-100 in those games. Put a few in early and the game *should* be over.
                    Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                    "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Some stuff that really has shown itself pretty heavily so far this season is the SOG advantage that Lowell has had. They're averaging 8 shots per game more than their opponents, which is a pretty large number (albeit early in the season). We are currently scoring on almost 1 out of every 10 shots, which was the norm for us the last four seasons prior to our last Tournament title (they scored on an impressive 12.6% of shots that year). So it's not that we're doing anything ridiculous offensively, but our defense (and goaltending) is what really stands out. We are allowing goals on just 7.1% of shots so far this year, the best since 2015/2016 when it was 6.7%.

LIU is the kind of game we should win easily. But we historically have played down to the competition (Scott mentioned two games). Win this one, you're 5-1-1 and then have another almost week and a half break till you play again.
                      Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                      2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                      2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                      2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                      2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                        Some stuff that really has shown itself pretty heavily so far this season is the SOG advantage that Lowell has had. They're averaging 8 shots per game more than their opponents, which is a pretty large number (albeit early in the season).
                        Take out the Friday night game where BU outshot Lowell 29-22, and Lowell is averaging 11 SOG per game more than their opponents.

Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                        "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Big weekend for Savory, River Hawks

Comment

"****, I forgot, 1 hour in, I bet we're down 2-0 just to frustrate me"... joins the game watch... down 2-0... ****

edit: the d-word is worse than the f-bomb????

Skating Friar Jersey

Comment

Yup. Lots of time left but feels like an impending loss.

Comment

Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
                                Yup. Lots of time left but feels like an impending loss.
                                i think we can still win and we just popped in a PPG to make it 2-1... ever since the Niagara collapse in 2004... full throttle machine. Easy for me to say, I remain, the players change and there are new ones all the time that have to learn anew the lessons the previous ones left with. But man... no let up until you get the result.... up 7 with 10 left, ok relax.

Skating Friar Jersey

Comment

Working...
                                X