Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UMass Lowell 2021-2022: Which way are we going?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hobeydog View Post
    Any tips on gameday parking? I was on the 3rd floor of the parking garage on Friday and it took me a while to get out.
    I usually get in around 6 since I don't think anybody gathers pre-game anymore... and it doesn't matter so much as I only get to a game every other year at this point. But yeah, if I get into Lowell around 6 usually i'm trying to park on the street near where beerworks used to be. It says metered parking but it only goes to like 6 or 7 and while it mentions something about event parking lately neither the app nor the meter seemed to care about event parking. Missing that notini lot, but those are some beautiful rec fields. If I had to get in there closer to game time to be honest at this point i'd have no clue.
    BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
    Skating Friar Jersey
    AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
    UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
    Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Any tips on gameday parking? I was on the 3rd floor of the parking garage on Friday and it took me a while to get out.
      I also park on the street. I usually arrive early enough to get a spot on Arcand Drive, but those probably are the first to fill up. I've had no trouble getting a metered spot on either Father Morrissette Blvd or Merrimack St (past city hall) closer to puck drop. The closer to the start of the game, the farther you will end up walking. Personally, I'd rather walk a little in the cold than sit in lot traffic.

Comment

• Originally posted by Middle Street View Post

I also park on the street. I usually arrive early enough to get a spot on Arcand Drive, but those probably are the first to fill up. I've had no trouble getting a metered spot on either Father Morrissette Blvd or Merrimack St (past city hall) closer to puck drop. The closer to the start of the game, the farther you will end up walking. Personally, I'd rather walk a little in the cold than sit in lot traffic.
        I agree with this. Father Morrissette usually has spaces even up to game time, as there are actually quite a lot along that street. I despise parking in the garage. Or the other option, is to park downtown and grab dinner and walk over (which of course requires a walk back, but that's still quicker than the garage).
        Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
        2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
        2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
        2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
        2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

• Thanks to all. I won't make the same rookie mistake next game. Quick question... I'm trying to get a feel for Merrimack hockey. Have they, are they and will they be competitive in HE? I'm new to the area and simply don't know.

Comment

Thanks to all. I won't make the same rookie mistake next game. Quick question... I'm trying to get a feel for Merrimack hockey. Have they, are they and will they be competitive in HE? I'm new to the area and simply don't know.
            They're always competitive (as in, don't take the points for granted), but they just can't put it together. They get a bunch of talented big guys that do wind up sniffing the NHL, but the campus, the arena, ... whatever, just doesn't get the recruits they need to build.

On another note ... 6 points up for grabs against a second-to-last UVM this weekend. We've done pretty well up there the past few years, but it's always been competitive. If Lowell wants to compete for home-ice, they need at least a win and a tie. At least.

Man, I miss the jcarter days when he'd trash talk Lowell hockey and then humbly suck his tail on the way home after they lost again.
            Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
            2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

• Good information. Thank you.

Comment

• Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                They're always competitive (as in, don't take the points for granted), but they just can't put it together. They get a bunch of talented big guys that do wind up sniffing the NHL, but the campus, the arena, ... whatever, just doesn't get the recruits they need to build.

On another note ... 6 points up for grabs against a second-to-last UVM this weekend. We've done pretty well up there the past few years, but it's always been competitive. If Lowell wants to compete for home-ice, they need at least a win and a tie. At least.

Man, I miss the jcarter days when he'd trash talk Lowell hockey and then humbly suck his tail on the way home after they lost again.
                Speaking of Merrimack - since they took a point away from Amherst Wednesday night, if Lowell can get 2 regulation wins this weekend, they'll enter the break first in Hockey East. Now who thought that was going to be a possibility, especially looking at their first half schedule.

Comment

• Originally posted by bottomdweller View Post

Speaking of Merrimack - since they took a point away from Amherst Wednesday night, if Lowell can get 2 regulation wins this weekend, they'll enter the break first in Hockey East. Now who thought that was going to be a possibility, especially looking at their first half schedule.
                  A good win tonight. One more to go before the break. I hope Condotta is ok. I couldn't tell by the video if he remained on the bench.

Comment

• Lucas Condotta out of the lineup tonight.

Comment

• A great job by the Hawks on the weekend sweep and finishing the first half at 10-3-3 (8-2-1). Time to take care of business in the classroom and enjoy the holidays.

Comment

• Originally posted by bottomdweller View Post
                        Now who thought that was going to be a possibility, especially looking at their first half schedule.
                        I was thinking about that Saturday night when I looked at the standings.

Interestingly, we have 13 games left in Hockey East play, and still have two against last place Maine (both at home), home and home against 8th place team Merrimack, 2 away and one home against 9th place UNH. So more than half the games are against teams in the bottom half currently. Because of how the schedule has already played out, we only have one left against BC (road) and UMass (home) and two against NU and PC (one home, one away).

Should be an interesting second half of the year if they can keep this up. If they can actually find some offense, this team could be a threat.
                        Monty

Comment

• Originally posted by ScottK View Post
                          don't know what to expect. But, the 3 biggest questions to me are:

1. Can the goaltending get better? If the team save % is hovering around .900 again it will be a LONG season. If it's back up over .910-.915, we've got a chance to make some noise.
                          2. How much offense will the blueline provide? On defense, I think we're OK, but we need some of these guys to chip in offensively. Meehan and Korencik are the guys I think can do that.
                          3. Who will step up on offense? Lee, Stefanson, Condotta, Sodergren will all get their points. I need to see guys like Kaiser, Chambers, Knobluach and Latta step up. I have no idea what to expect from any of the freshmen.
                          Welp, at the christmas break. Any thoughts? Hate to single you out scott but you did provide a nice little list of three things.
                          BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                          Skating Friar Jersey
                          AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                          UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                          Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

• Originally posted by Patman View Post

Welp, at the christmas break. Any thoughts? Hate to single you out scott but you did provide a nice little list of three things.
                            My thought on Scott keys for this season. The team save % is 93.3 (I think that will come down a bit eventually unless Savory continues to have a magical season). On the defensive side, Meehan already has more points (in fewer games) than last year. Korencik hasn't put up a lot, but Austin has 8 assists. Regarding the offense ... that's the only place that we really haven't succeeded. Lee and Bergland have been good (and consistent), but Stefanson, Condotta and Sodergren have a combined 10-14-24, I'd like to see those numbers be higher. Crasa has been a standout on the offensive side, pretty much the only freshman forward playing consistently. Of the players Scott wanted to see more offense from, none of them have provided much this year. Transfer Brushett has been helpful though.

Offense is a major concern to me going into the second half of the season.
                            Monty

Comment

• I had not known that Coach Bazin signed a five year extension prior to this season.
                              Monty

Comment

• Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                                I had not known that Coach Bazin signed a five year extension prior to this season.
                                Same here. I just saw that tweet from Barry Scanlon. I had overheard someone in my section say Norm got a raise and was making ~800k a year now, but I didn't take it seriously having not seen any news online.

Comment

Working...
                                X