Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UMass Lowell 2021-2022: Which way are we going?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is your measure for talent? BU, BC, NU, and PC all have between 8-12 NHL draft picks on their rosters. Seems like enough, but you're right, with exception to Minn-State (who only have 2) the FF teams have a few more.

Are these kids at the east schools being drafted because they are the sons of GMs or former players, and they actually can't play? Are the western teams recruiting better older/non drafted players?

I don't have an answer, but the west is clearly better right now.

Comment

• Here's your other goalie for the roster.

Mike McMahon
      @MikeMcMahonCHN
      ?
      1h
      Also hearing that Alaska goalie Gustavs Davis Grigals is headed to UMass Lowell. 2.41, 0.919 in 31 games this season.
      Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
      "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

• Originally posted by ScottK View Post
        Here's your other goalie for the roster.

Mike McMahon
        @MikeMcMahonCHN
        ?
        1h
        Also hearing that Alaska goalie Gustavs Davis Grigals is headed to UMass Lowell. 2.41, 0.919 in 31 games this season.
        Are we playing UAF next season? we might need armed guards if any of us travel, I know UAA was rumored... for that matter, besides maybe starting a new thread what does the schedule look like
        BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
        Skating Friar Jersey
        AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
        UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
        Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

• Mariners Add Reid Stefanson from Umass Lowell - OurSports Central

Comment

• UMass Lowell nets goaltender Grigals – Lowell Sun

Comment

• Sophomore to be Matt Allen has entered the transfer portal.
              Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
              2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
              2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
              2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
              2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

• Thoroughly disappointing to see this from an alum.
                Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

• Sterrett and Latta are now in the portal from Lowell. Frankly, I was excited about Latta when he came to Lowell. Kid can play and was sad he didn’t dress much. Best of luck to them both.
                  Last edited by hawkeytown; 04-08-2022, 12:14 PM.
                  "We will play a style that is a puck-possession game, an up-tempo style ... It will rely on speed and toughness. I’m sure these players can
                  make that adjustment very easily. We’re going to make the Tsongas a tough place to get points for other teams." -UML Coach Norm Bazin

Comment

• Originally posted by hawkeytown View Post
                    Sterrett and Latta are now in the portal from Lowell. Frankly, I was excited about Latta. Kid can play and was sad he didn’t dress much. Best of luck to them both.
                    I noticed the portal says Josh has 3 years of eligibility left. He must have received a medical waiver to go along with his additional covid year. That might be why he played so little this season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Middle Street View Post

I noticed the portal says Josh has 3 years of eligibility left. He must have received a medical waiver to go along with his additional covid year. That might be why he played so little this season.
                      Ahh got it. Makes sense. Wish he would have stayed. Oh well. Thanks for the added info
                      "We will play a style that is a puck-possession game, an up-tempo style ... It will rely on speed and toughness. I’m sure these players can
                      make that adjustment very easily. We’re going to make the Tsongas a tough place to get points for other teams." -UML Coach Norm Bazin

Comment

• Originally posted by hawkeytown View Post
                        Sterrett and Latta are now in the portal from Lowell. Frankly, I was excited about Latta when he came to Lowell. Kid can play and was sad he didn’t dress much. Best of luck to them both.
                        The best of luck to the both of them. Hopefully they can find a place with more ice time.

Comment

• Barry Scanlon @Scanlon65
                          Defenseman Jordan Schulting, a terrific student and kid, will transfer to Bentley after three seasons at UMass Lowell.

Comment

• One week later, and even more changes.

22/23 roster

Defense (8):
                            Seniors: Marek Korencik, Jon McDonald
                            Juniors: Brandon Engum, Ben Meehan
                            Sophomore: Gabe Blanchard, Isac Jonsson
                            Freshmen: Ben Brunette, T.J. Schweighardt

Forwards (17):
                            Seniors: Carl Berglund, Ryan Brushett, Brian Chambers, Zach Kaiser, Blake Wells
                            Juniors: Andranik Armstrong-Kingkade, Filip Fornaa Svensson
                            Sophomores: Owen Cole, Matt Crasa, Stefan Owens
                            Freshmen: Dillan Bentley, Jack Collins, Owen Fowler, Nick Rheaume, Roc Truman, Scout Truman, Jan Vaarverk

Goalies (3):
                            Senior: Gustavs Grigais
                            Junior: Henry Welsch
                            Sophomore: Edvard Nordlund
                            Freshman:

This leaves us at 28 on the roster, with the class breakdown being:
                            Seniors: 8
                            Juniors: 5
                            Sophomores: 6
                            Freshmen: 9

Monty

Comment

• I haven't looked up all of the players available in the portal, but looking at the stats for a couple of the recent entries, there are a lot forwards who have produced 20+ points available. The two transfers coming in I presume are taking the scholarships Savory and Lee.

I have to imagine Josh Latta had a scholarship given his production at UAH. Will be interesting to see if Norm brings in another player from the portal. Defense may be the bigger need given all of the incoming freshman forwards.
                              Last edited by Middle Street; 04-09-2022, 01:05 PM.

Comment

• According to the link below, former River Hawk Matt Kinash is heading to Alaska Anchorage.

The 2022 men's college hockey transfer board - The Rink Live | Comprehensive coverage of youth, junior, high school and college hockey

Comment

Working...
                                X