Friar Hockey 21-22 - Reach for the top

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jon View Post
    And now it's tied. We really need to stop doing this.
    I almost feel bad for Dartmouth because they were skating circles around PC in the first. Almost.
    PC 7, Dartmouth 4. Closer than the score indicates and the Big Green out played PC for stretches and there were 2 empty net goals.

Can we please stop giving up 3 goals in the first?

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
    -Blackadder
    "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
    -Casablanca
    "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
    -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Dartmouth has been giving up goals left and right this year. No surprise they blew the lead and then some

Comment

Originally posted by Red Hockey View Post
        Dartmouth has been giving up goals left and right this year. No surprise they blew the lead and then some
        The loss against UVM where the Big Green had a five minute power play and still couldn't score? Yikes.

If any PC fan misses post 2003 era of PC hockey, Wisconsin's interpretation of the both the Dump and Watch and Shots on Shin in the Saturday night game against Clarkson would rekindle fond memories.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
        -Blackadder
        -Casablanca
        "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
        -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Can we please stop giving up 3 goals in the first?
          If they do that again with NU this weekend, I do not think outcome(s) will be as fortunate. Both the defense and Stauber need to button up and play better in the 1st.

Comment

Originally posted by uncle_cliff View Post

If they do that again with NU this weekend, I do not think outcome(s) will be as fortunate. Both the defense and Stauber need to button up and play better in the 1st.
            Levi is not the goaltender you want to spot a 3 goal lead to.
            The polls continue to amuse me. PC, UMASS, UML, and NU are ranked 13-16 to make Hockey East teams easier to find. BC just needs to go up a few spots to make 5 Hockey East teams in a row. More importantly, PC moves up to 16 in the pairwise.

-Blackadder
            -Casablanca
            -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Stauber was nowhere near fault on the first two goals....
              Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post

Stauber was nowhere near fault on the first two goals....
                Perhaps, but what about his play against Vermont, Denver, and UMass? He's given up some soft goals for sure, and the Friars in most cases have come back. Stauber is not solely at fault here, and as I said the defense in front of him needs to play better as well.

Comment

Perhaps, but what about his play against Vermont, Denver, and UMass? He's given up some soft goals for sure, and the Friars in most cases have come back. Stauber is not solely at fault here, and as I said the defense in front of him needs to play better as well.
                  Perhaps??? I can't comment on the Vermont or Denver games since I wasn't at those games. There are a few goals he would want back but AGAIN as I always say, the upper classmen continue to regress under Nate.

Has Ben Mirageas gotten better at PC throughout his career? Is Callahan any better today than he was as a sophomore? Bunz is on his fifth year now and just there.

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post

Perhaps??? I can't comment on the Vermont or Denver games since I wasn't at those games. There are a few goals he would want back but AGAIN as I always say, the upper classmen continue to regress under Nate.
                    I watched all of the aforementioned games and attended one at home vs. UMass. There is a trend of giving up early goals that cannot be disputed. Stauber is part of that. The others in front of him can certainly play better early on. The games against NU are a key test and may indicate how the second half of the season could go, especially against the quality HE opponents.
                    Last edited by uncle_cliff; 12-02-2021, 06:39 PM.

Comment

Big weekend coming up against Northeastern. I looked at the goalie stats for this league and while Savory is has a ridiculous GAA at UML, Stauber is closer to Murray and Levi than I thought. I'd like to see at least a split. Part of that is not having the crappy first periods we have had in some of our wins.
                      There's also been this weird thing in some of PC's games where the refs will not call penalties? PC is winning most of the games so it's not too much of a problem but it's still bizarre.

-Blackadder
                      -Casablanca
                      -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Big weekend coming up against Northeastern. I looked at the goalie stats for this league and while Savory is has a ridiculous GAA at UML, Stauber is closer to Murray and Levi than I thought. I'd like to see at least a split. Part of that is not having the crappy first periods we have had in some of our wins.
                        There's also been this weird thing in some of PC's games where the refs will not call penalties? PC is winning most of the games so it's not too much of a problem but it's still bizarre.
                        This team is just not ready for prime time. Their offense scores in heaps against lesser opponents but struggles greatly against equal/better teams with good goalies. Swept by UMass and NU so far. They had better step it up during the second half of the season, or I fear they will miss the NCAA tournament once again.

Comment

This team is just not ready for prime time. Their offense scores in heaps against lesser opponents but struggles greatly against equal/better teams with good goalies. Swept by UMass and NU so far. They had better step it up during the second half of the season, or I fear they will miss the NCAA tournament once again.
                          With four senior or fifth year defensemen that are regulars, you would think the mistakes would be few and far between on the backend.

Comment

Northeastern's defense and goaltending was ridiculous this weekend, but it's concerning how much PC struggles any good team that is not Denver.

-Blackadder
                            -Casablanca
                            -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Nice bounceback weekend against Princeton, although it took a video review and crazy sequence of events on Saturday to get the sweep.

-Blackadder
                              -Casablanca
                              -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Not to intrude on your thread and not trying to chirp but I honestly find myself bothered by what amounts to using video to induce a major penalty. I've looked at the video several times but didn't see anything above and beyond what happens in most other goalmouth scrums. Also, I'm guessing that if two referees and two assistant referees didn't call a penalty at the time, the action, in their discretion--couldn't have been all that egregious. A video challenge, however, takes the discretion away and the officials are left with a binary decision. No grey area. IMHO, situations like this are not what video replay is for.

What I'm afraid of is that Nate--wittingly or unwittingly--took the cover off the video version of Pandora's box and we'll see more of this. But remember, what goes around inevitably comes around.
                                Last edited by Split-N; 12-13-2021, 02:11 PM.
                                "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Working...
                                X