Friar Hockey 21-22 - Reach for the top

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friar Hockey 21-22 - Reach for the top

New season starts tomorrow, time for a new thread. No idea what this team will bring, don't know much about them. Experienced on D and in goal, but can they score goals from the front liners. Anyway here we go tomorrow. Mask up folks. Parking will be at a premium since it is fall Homecoming weekend.

BTW, no vaccine card required, not checking, just wear the mask.
    Last edited by 73PCFriar; 10-01-2021, 03:47 PM.

Originally posted by 73PCFriar View Post
    New season starts tomorrow, time for a new thread. No idea what this team will bring, don't know much about them. Experienced on D and in goal, but can they score goals from the front liners. Anyway here we go tomorrow. Mask up folks. Parking will be at a premium since it is fall Homecoming weekend.

BTW, no vaccine card required, not checking, just wear the mask.
    That’s not what this says. https://homecoming.providence.edu/faq/
    Originally posted by mookie1995
    bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
    Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
    Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post

That’s not what this says. https://homecoming.providence.edu/faq/
      Yeah the language was confusing so I contacted the ticket office. All went well. Looks a lot like restaurants this time last year - many with masks off at seats.

Team looked strong on all four lines. Richard looks like he'll be a good one. Good to see Jimmy get in to preserve the shutout!

Comment

Originally posted by 3100IRL View Post

Yeah the language was confusing so I contacted the ticket office. All went well. Looks a lot like restaurants this time last year - many with masks off at seats.

Team looked strong on all four lines. Richard looks like he'll be a good one. Good to see Jimmy get in to preserve the shutout!
        I thought the top three lines were good...the fourth line mess was the typical disaster and will be a revolving door of players.

Richard looked good while Duran and Monds will be key for this team this year and in the coming seasons.

I do think Yoder needs to get more consistent though.

Even though Stauber had a shutout, he had two or three posts hit on him while flopping around like a fish out of water on a handful of occasions.
        Last edited by The Zlax45; 10-03-2021, 09:16 PM.
        Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

When leaving the game, most of the homecoming activities were over so I wonder why this game wasn't played at 7pm for parking to clear up. It was a DISASTER.

Comment

Friars open HE campaign with 5-2 win over Merrimack.

Comment

I missed the entire game against Army, but I caught most of the Merrimack game. I thought they looked great for half the game. The other half Merrimack just skated at will in their zone and Stauber had to save their bacon. Merrimack's first power play was brutal. There was one clear and it was only because of Stauber that the Warriors didn't cash in. Still, any win is a good win against a team that has had PC's number for the past two years.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
              -Blackadder
              "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
              -Casablanca
              "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
              -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

They started out poorly against AIC for the first ten minutes. Once the Yellow Jackets scored on the PP, that woke up PC and I thought they played their best 50 minutes of the season after that. R

Richard has struggled in the last two games with some poor turnover which I believe Jon is talking about against Merrimamck. He made a behind the back pass against AIC in front of his own net which I think Nate will have a little talk with him about.

I feel PC has three lines that can pop in a goal which is a good sign for them as they have struggled with third and fourth liners the last few years. The fourth line can grind but not much offensive skill there.

Comment

Potentially huge weekend coming up for PC if they can come out of the Icebreaker with a win or a tie. Starting off against #1 Minnesota State and then either #3 Michigan with all of the NHL draft picks and #5 UMD being... UMD.
                  The Mavs really want to avenge the last game against PC, I'd imagine.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                  -Blackadder
                  -Casablanca
                  "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                  -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Well Friars go 0-2 over the weekend. Mavs beating them 5-2 (last goal an empty netter) and then UMD continues their winning close games against Friars way 3-2 last night. Next up Denver at Schneider on Friday. Need to break through against these West teams.

Comment

I'm not happy with losing both games, but they hung with MSU for a while before the Mavs ground them down. They seemed to play much better against UMD, but UMD really does have their number. The third goal seemed to come very soon after PC tied.
                      It seems like officiating was incredibly inconsistent on Friday. Not the reason PC lost, but you'd think THE BEST CONFERENCE EVER!!! would be able to get a handle on things like this.
                      Denver is a tough program to beat, but it would be great to pick up a result there. And then we have our old dear friends, the SMT's.

-Blackadder
                      -Casablanca
                      -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Anyone need a ticket for the Denver game? Our third can't make it so there's an extra.

Comment

What a game, what a comeback, maybe the majority of students that left after second with Friars down 4-1 will stay for 3rd periods after this one....although I doubt it.

Oh, Friars win 6-5 with 5 goals in the third.

Comment

Great win against a very good team. Who would have thought after two? Friars came out as if on fire in the third, not sure what happened in the intermission. I don't remember seeing a team play with so much energy and hustle in the third as tonight. Some Denver players started showing a bit of cockiness at the end of the second... can't really blame them as they controlled most of the first two periods, but there's a lesson to be learned, for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by 73PCFriar View Post
                              maybe the majority of students that left after second with Friars down 4-1 will stay for 3rd periods after this one....although I doubt it.
                              Frankly - who cares? Those who left really don't bring anything to the game, and they would have left even if the score was the other way around.

Comment

Working...
                              X