UMass- NewMass 2021-2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
    An inauspicious start to 2022-23 for UMass ...

Garrett Wait medically disqualified, will not play for UMass hockey

https://dailycollegian.com/2022/07/g...-umass-hockey/
    Well that is certainly too bad. You never like hearing such news. Any ideas what happened?
    bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
    SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
    All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
    A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

Originally posted by UncleRay View Post

Well that is certainly too bad. You never like hearing such news. Any ideas what happened?
      The Rink Live is reporting it is a major knee injury that will require multiple surgeries to repair: https://www.therinklive.com/mens-div...-season-injury

That's really awful to hear. I hope the surgeries are successful and he can get back to normal activities if he can't play competitive hockey anymore.

Comment

"Medically disqualified" is such a weird phrase to use. I wasn't quite sure if this meant career ending injury at UMass or possibly career ending overall.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
          "Medically disqualified" is such a weird phrase to use. I wasn't quite sure if this meant career ending injury at UMass or possibly career ending overall.
          It's an NCAA term/process that allows the player to keep his scholarship despite a (collegiate) career ending injury. Medical DQ's can maintain their scholarship without that sum of money counting against the team's maximum allotment. Conceivably, he could still play at the next level (however unlikely) but the college career (at the very least) is over...
          Live Free or Die!!
          Miami University '03

Comment

Working...
          X