X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gate Raider View Post
    Green Coat it is true.

https://gazette.com/sports/cc-hockey...e4830be64.html

This coaching staff has done everything it possibly can to be mediocre. Where are the Colgate teams with players like the Spinks on them? It is sad that our Starr rink era teams outperform the teams in our beautiful new facility. The Spinks teams made two ECAC championship games and made an NCAA tournament appearance. Enough is enough. Losing a player such as Noah Laba shows us that the relationship wasn't cultivated properly. With the new era in recruiting, this is unacceptable.

Obviously he likes small liberal arts colleges since he switched to the closest thing there is to Colgate out west. It's perplexing, however. Sure the ECAC isn't among the most powerful conferences, but CC, despite its long and well-regarded hockey history, has basically been a league doormat since the NCHC was formed. I don't see that as much of a step up, if at all.

Comment

• Nice to see that Griffin Lunn ‘22 is playing for the Wheeling Nailers in the ECHL.

Comment

• CU13, thanks. Didn’t see that. My Frozen Foursome went to a Nailers home game on the Friday off-day when the National Championship was last in Pittsburgh.

Comment

• Has anyone seen anything about the incoming class? They’ll be here in two weeks. The women’s team posted individual tweets for each new team member on Twitter.

Comment

• CU13...I was afraid to mention your concern...lots of questions and, frankly, the available sources aren't much help...let's put it this way: the total number of 2022 and 2023 recruits is close to the lowest in DI Hockey if you believe any of these sources...perhaps, after losing Laba to Colorado College (assuming that has been finalized) we are loathe to announce anything...pure speculation might suggest that the lack of recruits in the fold suggests a change in coaching (again, just a wild guess...)

Comment

• Looks like Utica University will play D1 in two years, possibly in Atlantic hockey. Means I'll be able to drive just twenty minutes and watch 3900 fans fill the rink. UU vs Colgate in this everchanging hockey world. Who woulda thunk it ?
              It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

• I contacted the hockey Communications person regarding the lack of information on the incoming class. He said they are working on an announcement and will update the roster soon.

Comment

• Kudos CU13...we could use a few surprises from what I'm seeing...

Comment

• It appears we have "recaptured" Noah Laba from Colorado College...he's a 4th round pick by the Rangers this year...finally, some good news...

Comment

• August 1, 2022…

https://gazette.com/sports/cc-hockey...0be64.amp.html

July 10, 2022…

https://nypost.com/2022/07/10/ranger...e-players/amp/

December 30, 2020…

https://www.lincolnstars.com/news_article/show/1138416

Comment

• Regarding above, see CHN player moves and College Hockey, Inc. updated team rosters...I hope I'm right, but I think the delay in announcing the incoming class has been function of our battle for Mr. Laba...

Comment

• Yes, says Noah Laba transferred to Colgate, also defenseman Reid Irvin from national champions Denver transferred to Colgate.
                          It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

• Old news (August 2, 2022)...

We're excited to announce that volunteer coach Chris Azzano has been named our new assistant coach!

Comment

• Green Coat - I completely agree with you on the delay in posting the incoming freshmen. These transfers are huge! I sincerely hope Coach Vaughan's last year will be one of his best. Go 'gate!!

Comment

• Originally posted by sshablak View Post
                                Yes, says Noah Laba transferred to Colgate, also defenseman Reid Irvin from national champions Denver transferred to Colgate.
                                Irwin’s LinkedIn page confirms he’s a Colgate student. Very good pickup. But Laba is included on CC’s 2022-23 roster (with a photo), so it would be quite a twist if he ended up in Hamilton.

Comment

Working...
                                X