No announcement yet.

Colgate 2021-22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here endith the '21-'22 hockey season. All hail the champions, The Colorado Avalanche! Congratulations to them!
    COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

• Colgate is headed to Merrimack, Friday-Saturday, October 21-22. This is reciprocal as Merrimack came to Colgate this past season.

Thus, it appears that Colgate will play on both weekends bookending the ASU trip.
      Last edited by iowabasedtraveler; 06-28-2022, 12:24 AM.

Comment

• https://colgateathletics.com/news/20...schedules.aspx

Comment

• For the first time in as long as I can remember the dreaded 60 day layoff for a home game from mid November to mid January has been shortened from the Harvard game December 3, to Maine home for two games the last week of December, the 30th and New Years Eve. Only three weeks instead of eight weeks between games, yay !
          Last edited by sshablak; 07-05-2022, 07:09 PM.
          It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

• Yay indeed, Shabby.

My personal strategy for the upcoming season will be to attend all home games and all non-conference away games. On weekends when ‘Gate is away at an ECAC Hockey opponent, I will look for a ‘new arena’ at which to attend a game (i.e. - BC, BU, etc.). Away games at Clarkson, Cornell and Saint Lawrence may be the only exceptions.

Comment

• Safe to assume I could buy a ticket day of at the door to most Colgate games??? (Thinking about a possible day trip this season to a few different arenas)

Comment

• Except for the Cornell game, yes.

Comment

• 'Gate recruit taken by NYR in 4th round today.

https://blueseatblogs.com/2022/07/08...ers-noah-laba/
                  ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

• If only the above was true...TheGreenCoat reported several weeks ago that Laba had DE-COMMITTED from Colgate in February of this year and opted for Colorado College weeks later...I hope I'm wrong...I desperately hope I'm wrong since Laba would've been the highest drafted Gate player in our history (he averaged a point/game in the last half of the USHL season)...this series of events aptly sums up the performance of our men's ice hockey program over the past FIFTEEN years...add in losing three of our top defensemen to Northern Michigan, UMass-Lowell and now UMass and one sees some sad writing on the wall...

Comment

• Green Coat it is true.

https://gazette.com/sports/cc-hockey...e4830be64.html

This coaching staff has done everything it possibly can to be mediocre. Where are the Colgate teams with players like the Spinks on them? It is sad that our Starr rink era teams outperform the teams in our beautiful new facility. The Spinks teams made two ECAC championship games and made an NCAA tournament appearance. Enough is enough. Losing a player such as Noah Laba shows us that the relationship wasn't cultivated properly. With the new era in recruiting, this is unacceptable.

Comment

• Enough IS Enough...I'm sure we've got really good kids coming in the fall of 2022 and 2023 but, at least from a recruiting standpoint, they are mediocre at best...striving for mediocrity seems the norm here and a top-to-bottom "reevaluation" of the program is only a starting point...any fan of the program who is not totally frustrated at this point needs medical attention...

Comment

• Some good news to report...Jaret Wright, a 2023 commit to Colgate, was taken in the sixth round...not really a surprise here given his progression recently...I PRAY we can keep him...

Comment

• Originally posted by TheGreenCoat View Post
                            Enough IS Enough...I'm sure we've got really good kids coming in the fall of 2022 and 2023 but, at least from a recruiting standpoint, they are mediocre at best...striving for mediocrity seems the norm here and a top-to-bottom "reevaluation" of the program is only a starting point...any fan of the program who is not totally frustrated at this point needs medical attention...
                            Uhhhhh, biting my tongue !
                            It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheGreenCoat View Post
                              Some good news to report...Jaret Wright, a 2023 commit to Colgate, was taken in the sixth round...not really a surprise here given his progression recently...I PRAY we can keep him...
                              Wright no longer committed to Colgate according to College Hockey News:

https://twitter.com/chnews/status/15...Cincby0vIqAAAA

Comment

• Looks like we kept him for about 10 minutes GreenCoat.

I try to stay positive but all these decommits are worrisome. Is there a mole inside the program telling these guys to decommit? I mean, something had to attract them to Colgate in the first place.

Comment

Working...
                                X