No announcement yet.

Colgate 2021-22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colgate is hosting Vermont on Friday-Saturday, October 28-29, which is also Silver Puck Weekend.
    This is another reciprocal agreement, as we traveled to Vermont early last October and won both games, 5-3 and 2-1, respectively.

Comment

• Noah Laba, by far our most highly rated recruit for 2022, has officially de-committed and will be playing for Colorado College for 2022...frankly the incoming class this year now looks quite weak and, as mentioned before, the 2023 recruits are few and far between...unless I'm missing something we've got some serious issues here...

Comment

• There's definitely some uncertainty for 2023-24, Riley was a great recruiter. On a positive note, Feb and March we finished 11-4 (two losses to Q-Pac) and beat Cornell at Lynah in the playoffs, overall 4-1 vs the Big Red.
        All returning dmen I believe and most of the forwards back. Alot will be on Gylanders back, I think we will be fighting for a first round bye. Go Bruins !
        It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

• Gabriel Crete - Navan Grads - looks like another de-commit...again I ask the question: where are our 2023 recruits? I still plan to be around and, sadly but probably, *****ing about a legacy of underperformance in a league that is barely above Atlantic Hockey in overall strength...replacing Lunn and McKeghney will not be easy and goaltending will be somewhat of a question mark...I try to look a few years ahead...perhaps the lack of 2023 incoming frosh reflects DV's situation...we're way past time for changes and remain curious if Brett Riley will or can return to Hamilton...the feedback I've gotten from a couple of individuals who "have knowledge" is that kids love playing for him...we need to demand more from everyone in this program, starting with the current AD...

Comment

• Not only have Hanson and McDermott transferred, but Asst. Coach Andy Boschetto has accepted a head coaching job at a new program out west.

Comment

• Make that an Asst Coaching job for Andy

Comment

• where did McDermott go? Haven't seen any news on his status...that would be a real blow to a decent defensive core...MIH is always reactive (at best)...Crete went to Mercyhurst and Laba to Colorado College...

Comment

• Originally posted by TheGreenCoat View Post
                  where did McDermott go? Haven't seen any news on his status...that would be a real blow to a decent defensive core...MIH is always reactive (at best)...Crete went to Mercyhurst and Laba to Colorado College...
                  McDermott transferred to UMASS.

Comment

• Thx FLHockeyMom...not good and the fact that he's going to UMass underscores the depth of the loss...it is becoming more and more pronounced that this program - even with the positive finish to 2021-22 - needs a major injection of new blood...and soon...

Comment

• Frankly it's now become easier to locate the two alien bodies killed at Roswell than finding our 2023 recruits...they too could be housed at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base in Dayton, Ohio...

Comment

• Colgate is headed to Niagara again this coming season, November 25-26. We went there fairly recently and I liked how Niagara hosted a post-game press conference with a coach and at least one player. And they allowed the public to attend. I wish Colgate did this (as Fairbanks used to do it, too).

On a separate subject, it appears that our non-conference opponents are again going to be mostly non-NCAA-tournament opponents. It hurts us in PWR (strength of schedule) not to play games against teams in the top third of all D-1 teams from the previous season. End of rant.
                        Last edited by iowabasedtraveler; 06-22-2022, 04:51 PM.

Comment

• Colgate will open its season with an exhibition game on Saturday, October 1… at the Houston Field House in Troy, N.Y., against Dave Smith’s Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (RPI) team.

Comment

• Having lost three of our best defensemen to the transfer portal in the last two years we managed to pick up one from Denver - Reid Irvin - recently...Heisenberg lists this as a "graduate transfer", although he's played only two years with Denver...all this stuff is confusing and he might have only one year left of eligibility...

Comment

• Coat, do you use CHN (CollegeHockeyNews) to see our recruits ? They list a couple not seen on other sites.
                              It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

• Shabby...went to Chris Heisenberg's 2022 list, then segmented list by college...recent addition does not show on CHN's site...

Comment

Working...
                                X