No announcement yet.

Colgate 2021-22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Look at the '21-22 class who didn't show as they weren't needed and add them to the '22-23 class and you have a regular sized class...

Comment

• By the way I saw one source which rated the women's incoming class #2 behind Cornell this coming year...

Comment

• Saw it too, OT. But despite some great recruiting classes, we still fall short. I think one problem is 5th-yr seniors/grad students/transfers. I posted about this on the women’s forum. Schools like Northeastern and WCHA have anywhere from 3 to 6 on a team! Hard to compete against that level. Look no further than Elizabeth Giguere, 5th yr senior transfer at UMD, and the impact she made there in just one year.
        C O L G A T E
        2023 ECAC CHAMPION
        1990 NCAA FINALS
        https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tiU0vQxIQE8

ECAC Pick the Standings Champion, 2008
        ECAC Pick 'Em Champion, 2010 & 2015
        ECAC Pick the Playoffs Champion, 2016

Comment

• Originally posted by TchrBill View Post
          Saw it too, OT. But despite some great recruiting classes, we still fall short. I think one problem is 5th-yr seniors/grad students/transfers. I posted about this on the women’s forum. Schools like Northeastern and WCHA have anywhere from 3 to 6 on a team! Hard to compete against that level. Look no further than Elizabeth Giguere, 5th yr senior transfer at UMD, and the impact she made there in just one year.
          Colgate needs a real grad school. Not going to happen just for sports (but it would really help getting the 5th years) but it seems like if you are going to be a university, you may as well go all in.

Comment

• BTW Cole Hanson to Maine after his frosh year...

Comment

• Cole Hansen…
              https://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/...php?pid=238295

Comment

• I agree Rightnut, with all the $ going into the sciences and innovation at Gate in the next few years it would be great to add a couple of small but really solid MA programs in something like Neuroscience and some cutting edge type of Entrepreneurship or Public Policy to mirror some of the internal interests being discussed in the 3rd Century Plan that appeal to both sexes and make us a legit Univ. Never understood the MAT degree in the first place but keep it and add programs that distinguish Colgate and appeal to those with extra eligibility who may want to visit for a year or 2 and come away with a championship and a valuable degree...

Comment

• So who will be in goal for Colgate in ‘22-23?
                  Carter Gylander?
                  Who else?

Comment

• https://colgateathletics.com/news/20...htMW7Y7Xr7jKE0

Comment

• Originally posted by iowabasedtraveler View Post
                      So who will be in goal for Colgate in ‘22-23?
                      Carter Gylander?
                      Who else?
                      Nickolas Haas 6-3 Goalie recruit from the Chicago Steel 2022-23
                      It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

• https://colgateathletics.com/news/20...g8Xr6AAe37i5lI

Comment

• Thanks, Shabby, on pointing out that Nick Haas of Williamsville, N.Y., will be joining Colgate from the Chicago Steel.
                          When I followed Colgate to Northern Michigan in early January, I happened to stay in the same Green Bay (Wisc.) hotel as the Steel.
                          I finished out my hockey season recently at Nashville, Tenn., for an NHL game against Calgary, which made 58 hockey games for me in 2021-22.
                          And Nashville was career rink #124 for me. I also turned over 20k miles on my new Honda, which was purchased in January.
                          Can't wait for October 1 already. he he he

Comment

• Colgate is hosting Northern Michigan on Friday-Saturday, October 7-8. This is a reciprocal agreement as Colgate ventured to Marquette, Michigan, in early January. We lost both games, 4-2 and 6-3, respectively.

One of the neatest things about that trip was on that Saturday night, before the game started, a woman came up to me (in my ‘Gate jersey) and asked, ‘are you with Colgate?’ I said, ‘well, I am a season ticket-holder’. She said, ‘I just want you to know that I am a long-time Northern Michigan fan and I think Colgate is the classiest team that I have ever seen, on the ice and off of it.’ That was pretty kewl to hear. Of course, I would have also liked to hear, ‘man, your team is the toughest one we’ve ever played.’ he he he

It also reminded me of a trip that I made to Oxford, Ohio, a couple of years ago following Colgate. On the second night, a woman sitting in front me turned around and asked, ‘what is wrong with your team?’ I asked, ‘what do you mean?’ She said, ‘look at them. The Miami players are all standing during the game and beating their sticks against the boards. And the Colgate players are all seated and looking straight ahead, like they are waiting to get their tests back from the teacher.’ She was right. he he he
                            Last edited by iowabasedtraveler; 05-05-2022, 04:07 PM.

Comment

• Maine is at Colgate on Friday-Saturday, December 30-31.

Comment

• Student Athletics Awards presented at Friday, May 6, Colgate Academic Awards Ceremony:

Men's hockey players:

Gottesman Award for Excellence in the Sciences and Athletics -- Mitchel Benson

Joseph Huther Prize (established to provide awards to two senior intercollegiate athletes, one male and one female) -- William Friend

Women's Hockey players:

Director of Athletics Award -- Delani MacKay

Comment

Working...
                                X