No announcement yet.

Colgate 2021-22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gas up the new vehicle Iowa ! Ye Old Union Oyster House, maybe ?
    It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

• Thanks, CU13 and Shabby. I got “Blackie” in January and am at 12,721 miles already. Sitting at Logan Airport now with Clarkson Doug and awaiting arrival of Minnesota grad Alaska Mike (who flew Fairbanks here via Seattle and Kraken game). Excited about all games. Will hit Pawtucket, Fall River and Cape Cod on off-day Friday.

Comment

• Colgate is headed to Tempe, Ariz., on Friday-Saturday, October 14-15, to open Arizona State’s brand-new Multi-Purpose Arena.
        WOO HOO!!
        Last edited by iowabasedtraveler; 04-11-2022, 02:56 PM.

Comment

• Iowa, I know where you'll be Oct 14-15, you have a friend there too, right ?

Comment

• Shabby, my friend from Manlius winters in Apache Junction, but mid-October is too early. I will have to contact Sol Diablo for help with airport/hotel/arena transportation.
            he he he

Comment

• Originally posted by iowabasedtraveler View Post
              Colgate is headed to Tempe, Ariz., on Friday-Saturday, October 14-15, to open Arizona State’s brand-new Multi-Purpose Arena.
              WOO HOO!!
              Very nice to see Colgate is the first to experience our new arena! Wear your shorts, sandals & sunscreen to the arena, then switch to hoodies. long pants, knit caps & ear muffs upon entering.........

Comment

• Colgate Men's Hockey presents 2021-22 Team Awards
                https://colgateathletics.com/news/20...am-awards.aspx

Comment

• I got to the arena at the Cambria County War Memorial in Johnstown, Penna., tonight. Walking around, I see a guy with a Colgate cap.
                  “Are you a Colgate fan?”
                  ”Well, yeah, my son just finished up there.”
                  “His name?”
                  “Griffin Lunn.”
                  “Oh, from Lockport, N.Y… the fastest player on our team! And I see he just won a team award this week.”
                  ”Yeah, on Monday evening.”
                  That was a fun exchange. Nice family.

Comment

• Iowa, what did you think of the Frozen Four, how about the great restaurants, ambience of Boston etc ?

Comment

• Shabby, I will reply about Boston and the Frozen Four from the road. Leaving in minutes for Birmingham, Ala., and a family wedding later in the week. Johnstown on Friday was my 57th (and likely final) hockey game of the season and my 123rd rink at which I have seen a hockey game, lifetime. I am already looking forward to following Colgate again, starting in October, at home and on the road. 15k miles and counting…

Comment

• Shabby, Boston is a great host city. This was my third Frozen Four there. Clarkson Doug, Alaska Mike and I stayed at the Embassy Suites, Logan Airport location. On Thursday, before the games, we ate at Tavern in the Square. On Saturday, we are at a sports bar, also within walking distance of our parking garage ($54 a day) and TD Garden. On Friday, we went to the ProNyne Museum in Pawtucket, R.I., the USS Massachusetts in Fall River, Mass., and Provincetown, Mass. (at the tip of Cape Cod).
                        I had four seats at center ice in the balcony, and one seat at center ice in the lower bowl.
                        I am already looking forward to my third Frozen Four in Tampa next year, as it is also a great host city. I am planning on taking the Amtrak AutoTrain down and back.
                        Now that I think about it, Columbus, Ohio, was the only poor host city, with no hotels, restaurants, bars, etc., near the arena.

Comment

• Desperately looking for our 2023 recruits, looks like only one or two listed, depending on sources...I know the 2022s can move back a year and that DV doesn't like to show his hand, fearing "poaching"...even so, both Neutral Zone and Heisenberg show very little coming into the fold a year from this September...

Comment

• Go to collegehockeyinc.com College Recruits. my favorite site for both men's and women's recruit info.

Comment

• Oops, collegecommitments.com. Sorry.

Comment

• thx, but list is very similar to Neutral Zone and Heisenberg...the lack of 2023 commits perhaps indicates a change may be occurring "at the top"...just a guess, but...

Comment

Working...
                                X