No announcement yet.

Colgate 2021-22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To me, in the past, my goal was always to make it to Lake Placid. This was accomplished and the way we got there was just fantastic ! Team had a good start, and a good finish, not sure what happened in the middle third of the season ?
    We beat the thugs from Ithaca four times and made Placid, I'm fairly happy with the team, things are looking better for the future !
    Last edited by sshablak; 03-19-2022, 11:33 AM.
    It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

• Despite the loss yesterday, it has been another fun weekend in Lake Placid. Clarkson Doug and I had a great visit at the pre-game reception with Colgate hockey player Dave Eldon ‘60. Some great pre-Starr stories. Post-game, we had a nice visit with a philosophical Magoo. While yesterday’s game was disappointing, the team’s play in the final third of the season was a pleasant surprise and incredibly fun to watch. Hopefully the younger players see what is possible and make a concerted effort to go even farther in the year(s) to come. And in moments, Doug and I will cheer for Harvard to advance to the NCAA tournament. Go ‘Gate.
      Last edited by iowabasedtraveler; 03-19-2022, 05:49 PM.

Comment

• Sorry to miss you Iowa, we didn't get there in time for the pregame. Colton has a broken wrist according to some folks who should know.

I thought the team played very well against a better opponent, and my first trip to LP was a great. I'll be back!

Was also fun to watch (surrounded by a bunch of alums) a very game Red Raider hoop team scare Wisconsin. 2 losses but still a showcase day for Gate sports!

Comment

• Gate83...forgot to tell you, during the hoops game the camera panned in on "Mac", that big head filled up the tv screen. Surprised you weren't with him, pretty dam funny !

Comment

• Was pulling for Harvard; showed great resilience after a gut wrenching, late Qpac ppg. These student-athletes did not get to play last season. And just like the Yale women’s team, they persevered. Hope the Crimson cause some upsets in the NCAAs.

Saw attendance was 4,500+ for championship game. What was Friday’s? Was not disappointed that Clarkson was ousted on Friday since LP is like home ice for them.
            C O L G A T E
            2023 ECAC CHAMPION
            1990 NCAA FINALS
            https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tiU0vQxIQE8

ECAC Pick the Standings Champion, 2008
            ECAC Pick 'Em Champion, 2010 & 2015
            ECAC Pick the Playoffs Champion, 2016

Comment

• TeacherBill, Friday was over 4000, but less than 4500. This coming weekend they are hoping Hobart and Utica both make it to the D3 semifinals in Lake Placid.

Comment

• For those that haven’t heard… the hockey facilities in Lake Placid are undergoing a $500-million rehabilitation program to be completed by the 2023 World University Games. Construction impacted this year’s ECAC Hockey tournament experience for the fans, but everything seemed to go smoothly and it appears that the end result will be world-class.

P.S. - Sorry that I missed you, too, Gate83.

Comment

• Iowa...Albany bound or Allentown ? Looks like it's equidistant ?
                  Last edited by sshablak; 03-21-2022, 09:28 AM.

Comment

• Shabby, I am headed to Worcester to cheer on Minnesota and Western Michigan on Friday (and Sunday). New this year is an off-day, which will allow me to head over to Albany for their title game (and to cheer for North Dakota’s opponent) on Saturday. If it weren’t for a hard-to-schedule doctor’s appointment on Thursday, I would catch those semifinal games, too, in Albany.

Needless to say, I am not ready to say ‘see ya later’ to college hockey just yet.

Comment

• You're the best !

Comment

• Thanks, Shabby. I purchased the Worcester and Albany tickets last night after the Selection Show. I am staying in Worcester. I also have my Frozen Four tickets and accommodations for Boston, and I will be joined by my Frozen Foursome… Alaska Mike (a Minnesota grad), 43-year-season-ticket-holder Clarkson Doug and Dartmouth Doug (whose son played for Dartmouth and who now plays for the ECHL South Carolina Stingrays). Native Canadian Clarkson Doug was thrilled to meet Pierre McGuire at Colgate’s pre-game reception in Lake Placid. It remains a good life.

Comment

• Could I just butt in here and say congrats to the team on a great season? Special kudos to the seniors! It was an up and down season as many have opined, but a fantastic last third that propelled them into 5th place in the league and a trip to LP. Yes, it's a successful season as far as I'm concerned. Any time you get to Placid, it's good stuff. Hope we are finally on the path upward as a program, can continue to add speed and depth, and can knock off those four top teams regularly in the future. Our wins over SUNY Ithaca were the highlight. BTW, should QU be playing in HE and not the ECAC??
                          COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

• Whether one likes it or not, the ECAC desperately needs Q-Pac...and personally I applaud Rand Pecknold and his program...ECAC Hockey is lucky to have two teams in the NCAAs this year, in part because fully 50% of the league resided in the bottom fifth of the Pairwise...yes, you can throw a few shots at their somewhat "liberal" recruiting requirements, but this league needs a team to emulate in its commitment to success year-in and year out...too many ECAC programs seem to be content to play .500 hockey and this is reflected in our aggregate out-of-conference record...and, truth be told, their students support the program...

Comment

• Well stated Greencoat.

Comment

• Originally posted by sk8tronthepond
                                Benson has entered the transfer portal.
                                Old news.

Comment

Working...
                                X