Colgate 2021-22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Marmot View Post
    Here is a question: is this a down year for Cornell?
    The North Dakota fan would say "no".

< hangs head in shame >
    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Originally posted by iowabasedtraveler View Post
      Quinnipiac has only lost five times this season. In four of those losses, the opposition has scored first. And twice, that first goal by the opposition was enough to win the game.
      Only team to go down 1-0 to the Q'piac and win?

North Dakota, 3-1, at Q'piac.
      The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• KRACH says the 'gate should win about 2 per 11 games against Quinnipiac. Will be seeing the 2 or the other 9 tomorrow? Need some bracket advice.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Perets .955% 0.85 gaa 11 shutouts oh boy
          Colgate banner will finally be visible at center ice, assuming the cobwebs are off
          C O L G A T E
          2023 ECAC CHAMPION
          1990 NCAA FINALS
          https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tiU0vQxIQE8

ECAC Pick the Standings Champion, 2008
          ECAC Pick 'Em Champion, 2010 & 2015
          ECAC Pick the Playoffs Champion, 2016

Comment

• Does anyone know anything about Young, everything is so secretive .
            It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

• Any chance we have is on Bensen's shoulders. He needs to stand on his head(like he has so far). I'm all in, I've seen bigger upsets before, ask Kentucky. Go Raiders !!
              It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

• Not surprisingly, Mitch Benson led the team on the ice for the pre-game warmup.

Quinnipiac scores a PPG with Vachon the box.

No one playing the body and ‘Gate gives up a second Quinnipiac goal.

Quinnipiac 12, Colgate 6, SOG after one.
                Quinnipiac 2, Colgate 0, score after one.

We had three good chances, but puck went off the pipe twice. Need more skill and luck.

Raymond from Lunn makes it closer.

Quinnipiac 26, Colgate 15, SOG after two.
                Quinnipiac 2, Colgate 1, score after two.

Pinged another one off the pipe.

Heading to the third period, one in which Quinnipiac excels by wearing down their opponents.

Quinnipiac gets their third midway through the third period.

Quinnipiac pings it for their first.

Quinnipiac 30, Colgate 22, SOG final.
                Quinnipiac 3, Colgate 1, score final.

And the roller-coaster ride ends for another season. Thanks, seniors!!
                Last edited by iowabasedtraveler; 03-18-2022, 05:07 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by sshablak View Post
                  Does anyone know anything about Young, everything is so secretive .
                  He’s not out for pregame warmups.

Comment

• Is Colgate hockey radio https://star939.com/ ?
                    There's no pregame show on (or are UND fans spoiled with that).

I need something to listen to until the NCHC DU/UMD game starts.

PS - My advice? Score first. I listened to UND trail QU twice this year and only come back once.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Great effort by 'Gate. A couple of bounces and that's a different game.
                      Quinnipiac Bobcats
                      2023 National Champions
                      ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                      ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                      East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
                      Northeast Regional:
                      West Regional: 2015, 2021
                      Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                      Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

• I congratulate the Colgate team and seniors for a great season and for providing this fan with a season to remember!! Thanks for turning your season around and ending on a very positive note. For me, the culmination was your 4 victories against Cornell, with 3 at Lynah. Thanks to Paul, Josh, Will, Andrew, Mitch, Jeff and Griffin for exciting hockey! Wherever you go, Go 'gate!!!

Comment

• Overcame quite a bit of adversity this season (3-13-2 mid season record will do that to you), showed some toughness and resiliency and got some great goaltending from Mr. Benson...improvement noted, but, and let's be objective, there are four teams where the speed and skill level is distinctly superior than the rest of the league...we need to get a little faster and a little more skilled to become legit contenders for an ECAC title and an NCAA berth...the league as a whole has moved backwards (thanks in part to our Ivy League friends) and this development is certainly one factor in limiting our league NCAA participation to one or two teams...special congrats to the seniors and grads who helped us finish 10-4-2...wonder if any seniors will be coming back next year? And I hope the transfer portal is no worse than a two-way street for us...

Comment

• I’m always sad to see the season come to an end, but these past few weeks were fun to watch!

It was an “Oreo” season for sure, and we exorcised some demons eliminating Cornell in their barn! I hope this year’s experience bodes well for next season!
                            Colgate '09

Comment

• No question it was a great accomplishment to get to LP this year. We hung in there today against a great team but QPac is just bigger and deeper than us and we ran out of gas in the 3rd period.

We have some good players and hopefully that will bode well for next year. But we need to get bigger and more physical on defense - QPacs forwards wore them down in the 3rd period.

Comment

• Great to see some positive comments on the season. Glad we competed tonight v. Qpac. They have been the best team all year in the ECAC and keep proving it so nothing wrong with losing to them the way we did tonight. Solid season and on to next year. I won’t take a LP game as a bad season, but I still wonder what could have been after that blown WM game up 5-0 in the second and then a loss.

Tough loss for Clarkson, I was hoping they would make the NCAAs.

Comment

Working...
                                X