No announcement yet.

Colgate 2021-22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I really think last weekend has our team going strong. At the end of the shootout win at Lynah, our team was jumping and dancing with excitement. I haven’t seen that ever with a gate team, then with this comeback

Comment

• This game takes some of the pain away from early (WMU) losses...nothing like a little confidence as well...on to the (empty) Houston Field House...get points...

Comment

• Good win, we finally caught some breaks at the end !
        Shoutout to Griffen Lunn, eight goals in ECAC play puts him up with the leaders in the league, by far his best season.
        Last edited by sshablak; 02-12-2022, 09:22 AM.
        It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

• First time since the 2005-06 season that we sweep the Union-RPI road trip!

Onto Brown! I’ll be there on Monday, cheering on the Raiders!
          Colgate '09

Comment

• For all the nay sayers, when was the last time we got 11 points in 4 games (obviously never because of the current scoring system) but 3 wins and an overtime “win” is an amazing 2 weeks and 4 points behind Cornell with a game in hand!
            Last edited by red133883; 02-12-2022, 10:05 PM.

Comment

• Just thought about it but we only need to tie Cornell for the bye!if we can get two points at brown we only need two more points than Cornell with the exact same schedule

Comment

• Originally posted by red133883 View Post
                For all the nay sayers, when was the last time we got 11 points in 4 games (obviously never because of the current scoring system) but 3 wins and an overtime “win” is an amazing 2 weeks and 4 points behind Cornell with a game in hand!
                Typical…as if a string of wins negates 15 years of sub-.500 performances.

Great weekend and a series against Cornell to be remembered. Benson still gave up 6 against U/RPI and he needs to be the difference. If Colgate does not finish the season at .500, then remind me again about naysayers. We have been dumped in so many playoff rounds and tournaments…the entire package is the problem.
                C O L G A T E
                2023 ECAC CHAMPION
                1990 NCAA FINALS
                https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tiU0vQxIQE8

ECAC Pick the Standings Champion, 2008
                ECAC Pick 'Em Champion, 2010 & 2015
                ECAC Pick the Playoffs Champion, 2016

Comment

• Originally posted by TchrBill View Post

Typical…as if a string of wins negates 15 years of sub-.500 performances. If Colgate does not finish the season at .500, then remind me again about naysayers.
                  +1 This is the best sub-.500 team I have seen all year!
                  I've been lost since 1989. I got a breakaway on a frozen river and have been skating ever since.

Comment

• We're .500 in ECAC standings, that's all that counts. Beat Brown tomorrow and we are one point behind Cornell for a first round bye ! Right now Cornell is not Cornell, I think when Schaffer gets back you will see a different Cornell team.

BTW...if we stay in fifth and beat the twelvth place team(currently Dartmouth) at home and the Big Red stay in fourth, we would play Cornell in Ithaca for the right to go to Lake Placid ! You never know, stranger things have happened !
                    Last edited by sshablak; 02-13-2022, 08:53 AM.

Comment

• I liked how we played in our own end last night. Great pass by Mitton to set up Glasman for what turned out to be the game winner. But we generated next to nothing offensively in the 3rd period.

Comment

• Congrats to the team on a Capital District sweep. Brown is lacking in offense (statistically) and we lead the league in PIM. If we stay out of the box and have a reasonable game, offensively, we should be OK. But Brown is a nemesis for us, so gotta beware!
                        COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

• My point is that some on here said “I don’t think the Cornell weekend won’t turn out season around”. I am saying it could, I’ve never seen a Colgate team as excited for a win as I saw jumping and dancing into the lynah lockerroom. The comeback on Friday, the decent play yesterday. The fact that we played with QU for 40 min (yes it was a 60 min game, but we showed we could do it and know how).

will it make up for the rightful criticism of the last decade, no. But it is nice to see regardless of the bigger issues

Comment

• I live in the present and not the past, some people can't do that ! With all the bad things happening in the world today I can be a little uplifted by the team I've followed for sixty years. The team is playing better, winning some games and you can see the change. Best since 2015, savor it, if you don't have anything positive to say, go kick the dog, I'm tired of the negativity bringing us all down. It's not like anyone here on this thread can get DV fired.
                            I'm not saying this to you Red, we all know who the "Naysayers" are here.

Comment

• Originally posted by ColSkate65 View Post
                              Congrats to the team on a Capital District sweep. Brown is lacking in offense (statistically) and we lead the league in PIM. If we stay out of the box and have a reasonable game, offensively, we should be OK. But Brown is a nemesis for us, so gotta beware!
                              Agree this will not be an easy game, especially since Brown is coming off a win at Dartmouth on Friday and they didn’t play on Saturday.

Comment

• Every game is big, Princeton plays Dartmouth tonight, if they win and we lose at Brown they leapfrog us and have a game in hand. Root for Dartmouth.

Comment

Working...
                                X