Colgate 2021-22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by iowabasedtraveler View Post
    I left after 3-on-3 OT (as I hate shootouts), but a friend texted me that we won the shootout, 2-0.
    An odd quirk about this game - the OT period wasn’t 3-on-3 at all. It started as a 4-on-3 power play for Cornell, as a penalty on Colgate carried over into overtime. When the penalty expired, the two teams skated 4-on-4, and there wasn’t a single stoppage of play in the OT session.
    Colgate '09

Comment

• Best weekend ever against Cornell, (5point weekend). No one saw this coming, I mean I’ll be honest I would have been happy with 2 pts of 6. The crowd was late arriving much like in Hamilton.

hopefully we can use this to play well against Union and rpi

Comment

• Rainman, yes, I noticed that the 3-on-3 OT never was 3-on-3. That was definitely different.
        Last edited by iowabasedtraveler; 02-06-2022, 10:08 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ColSkate65 View Post
          As we turn the page to a new month, and the Groundhog sees his shadow, I see the fortunes of 'Gate hockey changing radically. That OT win over Dartmouth will propel us to a higher standard of play. I see us taking 1 out of 2 against Cornell and an upset win over QU, plus an OT tie vs Clarkson. Call me an optimist - ya gotta keep the faith. The kids are playing their hearts out. It's gonna be a new day, a new month, and a new series of positive results on the ice.
          You're my hero Skate...crystal ball maybe ? Continue with your prognostications !
          It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

• Originally posted by CU13 View Post
            It was a great hockey game. I am happy for the team. The Youngs and McGuire continue to impress me. The sophomores and freshmen have not experienced playing at Lynah. This should be another great college hockey game. Congrats to the team. Go 'gate!!!!!
            GREAT to hear from you CU13, been way too long !

Comment

• Originally posted by Gate83 View Post
              So how 'bout that weekend! I know history, I know the coach sucks, we used to have better attendance, blah, blah blah... let's enjoy this one!
              Amen 83, happy for a week until at least next Friday, and naysayers if you're going to continue your negativity go on hiatus. Let us be happy for a week !

Comment

• We have a game in hand on the teams ahead of us, we will play Brown next monday. Add the three points today and we would be in fifth place with the same number of games played. Every weekend is so critical including Union and RPI coming up.

Comment

• Congrats to the guys! Best weekend in a long time vs Cornell. On the Cornell thread 40-Year-Fan said Lynah would be empty due to no students. Was that how it was? No stuudents and no noise? Can't believe that would happen.
                  COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

• ColSkate65, Lynah was lacking bodies at the start, but filled in nicely after the first period. I don’t know if they were students or not, but it wasn’t an incredibly vocal crowd. The Pep Band did their music and chants, but that was about it. It was refreshing not to have recorded music constantly blasting, as I was able to easily converse with two friends during the game.

Comment

• Congrats to Colgate ... you really rose to the occasion and put Cornell in its place !!!
                      DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                      DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

• Could someone please tell me where I can find the official up-to-date ECAC standings? CHN says we’re in 10th place with 17 points. The ECAC app says we’re in 8th place with 13 points. And does anyone know the magic formula to compute the number of points a team has?

Comment

• I think I figured out you get 3 points for a regulation win but after that I’m lost.

Comment

• And USCHO says we’re in 8th place with 19 points. Does Don Vaughan (or any coach for that matter) even know how many points his team has? I wouldn’t blame him if he didn’t.
                            Last edited by Magoo; 02-07-2022, 02:31 PM.

Comment

• OK...we've played 15 league games...we have 5 wins, 7 losses and 3 ties...(any game that is decided in regulation or in overtime will be a win or a loss)...we have 5 wins, but one of them was in overtime (against Dartmouth); in these games we accumulated 12 points (4 X 3) for regulation wins AND two points for the Dartmouth overtime win (again, this counted as a win, but because it was in ot got us only 2 points)...we've had three additional games that went to a shoot out and ALL are considered ties, but the shoot out determines whether we receive 1 point or 2 points...we're 2-1 in shoot outs, so we've gained another 5 points...adding it up, 12 plus 2 plus 5 equals 19 points...another to look at this (and relevant to adjust for teams playing a varying number of games)...with 15 games played 45 points have been available and The Gate has 19 points, a winning percentage of .422...

Comment

• Thanks Coat. I think I get it now.

Comment

Working...
                                X