No announcement yet.

Colgate 2021-22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woke up to a foot of snow this am, still coming too, kinda nice.
    It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

• Cosgrove and Nick Austin have been very solid "adds" to NMU and UMass-Lowell, respectively...I will refrain from mentioning out current Pairwise rank...it's too early in the week...

Comment

• PairWise Rankings (PWR) for Colgate and 2021-22 opponents out of 59 NCAA D-1 MIH programs (as of 01/12/22)...

3-Western Michigan, 7-Quinnipiac,

14-Cornell,

21-Harvard, 23-Connecticut, 24-Clarkson, 24-Northern Michigan, 28-Arizona State, 30-Merrimack, 38-RPI, 42-RIT, 43-Saint Lawrence,
        44-Colgate, 46-Union, 50-Princeton, 51-Dartmouth, 56-Brown, 57-Yale, 59-Vermont.

The only major swing this week was Cornell climbing from 26 to 14 based on its HUGE sweep at North Dakota.

Colgate's next opponents... Brown (January 14) and Yale (January 15).

I watched five hockey games and picked up three new rinks (Berry Events Center, Marquette Lakeview Arena, Yost Ice Arena) on my Midwestern trip. This weekend I will follow Colgate to Brown and Yale in my new Honda Passport Sport AWD with hand-controls and winter tires. Will anybody else from here be at either or both games?

Comment

• Yale-Cornell postponed, wonder if we'll play them Saturday ?

Comment

• The Pairwise is not perfect, but does a representative job of evaluating a specific team's overall ranking...#1 observation: the ECAC once again is not distinguishing itself competitively, and #2, hard to believe we are ranked where we are...perhaps others think differently, but this team has too much (decent) talent and depth to be ranked so low...the numbers may lie, but they don't lie very much...lack of physicality in the defensive zone and mediocre goaltending seem to be issues...it's not over by a long shot, but a season of hope has morphed into a season of disappointment...

Comment

• Originally posted by sshablak View Post
              Yale-Cornell postponed, wonder if we'll play them Saturday ?
              Right now both of our games this weekend are still on. If both of our games get played as scheduled, I won't be happy with it. Yale would be well-rested while we would have played the night before, and then have to travel from Providence to New Haven. Meanwhile, Dartmouth's Friday game (at Princeton) has been postponed but their game at Quinnipiac has been moved from Saturday to Sunday. This was probably done so Quinnipiac isn't playing a rested team after having played the night before.
              Colgate '09

Comment

• Originally posted by iowabasedtraveler View Post
                This weekend I will follow Colgate to Brown and Yale in my new Honda Passport Sport AWD with hand-controls and winter tires. Will anybody else from here be at either or both games?
                Yale is only allowing season ticket holders to attend games this year. Source.

Brown has migrated to an all-digital ticketing system, where you buy the tickets in advance then load them on your phone.

As of now, I am still planning to make the trip to Providence on Friday, barring any sudden postponements.
                Colgate '09

Comment

• Originally posted by Rainman View Post

Brown has migrated to an all-digital ticketing system, where you buy the tickets in advance then load them on your phone.

As of now, I am still planning to make the trip to Providence on Friday, barring any sudden postponements.
                  Yale has PPD their Friday night game vs. Cornell due to protocols. Dunno about the fate of Sat. night's game.
                  ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

• Originally posted by Rainman View Post

I was able to buy a ticket for the Yale-Brown game on 10/30 at the window. I was given a printed sheet with the QR code and it was scanned at the door.

Comment

• Tonight's game at Brown has been postponed.

The game at Yale has been moved to Sunday at 7 PM, and will be played without fans.

Iowa - I hope you haven't started traveling yet.
                      Colgate '09

Comment

• Rainman, thanks. No, I hadn’t started out yet as I received a tip yesterday that that might be the case. I was waiting to see anything official before posting it here. Again, thanks.

Comment

• I re-subscribed to ESPN+ today and watched Clarkson down RPI, 5-0.
                          I am now watching Colgate at Yale, with Yale up 1-0 in the first.
                          In Northern Michigan, I was surprised to see Carter Gylander, Andrew Farrier and Will Friend all dressed.
                          Now, tonight, Mitch Benson is in goal for Colgate.
                          And Griffin Lunn just tied it up, 1-1.

Colgate 10, Yale 8, SOG after one.
                          Colgate 1, Yale 1, score after one.

I get down on Arnaud Vachon about his time in the penalty box, but he knows how to score.

Colgate 22, Yale 19, SOG after two.
                          Colgate 2, Yale 2, score after two.

Paul McAvoy playing for Colgate again tonight.

Mitch Benson saved a Yale breakaway. Followed later in the period by Nathan Reid stopping Colton Young on a breakaway.

Colgate 2, Yale 2, score after three.

Headed to five minutes of 3-on-3 OT against PWR #57.

2-2 Tie tonight.
                          Last edited by iowabasedtraveler; 01-16-2022, 08:14 PM.

Comment

• "Sliding towards Gomorrah"...another Colgate men's hockey season, right on the nose...

Comment

• #1 in the nation coming to Hamilton Friday !

Comment

• PairWise Rankings (PWR) for Colgate and 2021-22 opponents out of 59 NCAA D-1 MIH programs (as of 01/20/22)...

4-Western Michigan, 4-Quinnipiac,

12-Cornell,

20-Clarkson, 21-Merrimack, 21-Arizona State, 24-Connecticut, 25-Harvard, 26-Northern Michigan, 40-RPI, 41-RIT,
                                42-Colgate, 43-Union, 45-Saint Lawrence, 50-Princeton, 50-Dartmouth, 55-Brown, 57-Yale, 59-Vermont.

No major swings this week.

Colgate's next opponents (at home)... Quinnipiac (January 21) and Princeton (January 22).

Comment

Working...
                                X