No announcement yet.

Colgate 2021-22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cosgrove scoring two goals and adding an assist is beyond ironic...Non-conference schedule? Started out 5-1, lost our last 6 games...the years go by, the players come and go, but the results (now, after 15 years) stay the same...true, consistent mediocrity and this team seems to have talent that has been missing for many years...we're past disappointment, almost to the point of disengagement...from Terry's third year at The Gate through 2005-06 this program was successful - consistently successful - winning 57% of it possible points...that's almost three decades of results...with the exception of two (possibly three) years, the last 15 years have been unacceptable (43%) and continue so...objectively, as sad as it may be, it's way past time to make a change at the top...way past...

Comment

• Correction to above...we're "only" 0-5 in our last several non-conference games...hoping against hope we end up 1-5, not 0-6...as a diehard Browns fan my padded cell is ready and waiting anyway...

Comment

• EmptyNet, nothing else really. We weren’t overpowered; we just let it get away from us. I am a Carter Gylander fan and he had a good night, but not a great one. While walking around the arena, I ran into the parents of Bergstrom and Anderson, all from nearby Minnesota. I heard half the ‘Gate team flew to Chicago and the other half to Detroit. Apparently the Chicago half were turned around fifteen minutes out of Chicago and returned to Syracuse. Not sure of the details, just what I heard on the way out of the arena. Headed to Marquette high school hockey game within the hour, as the play in NMU’s old arena. Later.

Comment

• The ice at Berry Events Center is 200 x 100, whereas Class of 1965 Arena is 200 x 85. Anyone know how many times this season we will play on Olympic-size ice?

Comment

• Iowa - Flo Sports shows footage of fans walking by Section 11 (I think) - by a NMU fan gear shop. I was delighted to see several Colgate fans but didn’t see you

Comment

• CU13, I am in section 1, right under the Media booths (like I am at home). The arena seats 3,800, but students are still on break. Between periods, I walked around (past the gear shop). Not all the concession stands were open, so the lines for coffee were too long (for my level of patience). he he he

Comment

• Not sure IBT, but the number of 200 X 100 rinks is slowly diminishing...even the Lake Placid Herb Brooks Arena will change to a more traditional size in the near future...UNH used to have a large sheet (maybe still does)...

Comment

• Carter Gylander in goal for ‘Gate again tonight.
                  Crone scored first for NMU.
                  Colella with NMU’s second goal.

Northern Michigan 15, Colgate 13, SOG after one.
                  Northern Michigan 2, Colgate 0, score after one.

What started out as up-n-back play (similar to last night’s first period) has deteriorated into chippy play by both teams.

Colgate scored two quick goals to open the second period. Colton Young with his patented breakaway goal. Followed by a Jeff Stewart goal to tie it up.

Northern Michigan goal off stick of Colgate player.
                  Trevor Cosgrove with another goal.
                  Two potential Colgate goals waived off (both with video review on the same man disadvantage), but McKechney finally got one.

Colgate 30, Northern Michigan 25, SOG after two.
                  Northern Michigan 4, Colgate 3, score after two.

Good hard physical hockey (but not chippy). Colgate played with a sense of urgency not seen for awhile.

Man advantage negated by Too Many Men on Ice penalty, followed by NMU goal.

ENG for NMU.

Colgate 37, Northern Michigan 34, final SOG.
                  Northern Michigan 6, Colgate 3, final score.

A loss is a loss, but we played with an intensity tonight that (hopefully) bodes well for the second half of the season.
                  Last edited by iowabasedtraveler; 01-08-2022, 08:02 PM.

Comment

• Colton Youngs goal shooting with his stick between his legs, was on NHL networks "On the Fly" this am at 8:58. Show being repeated now so at 9:58 it will be shown again if you want to see it.
                    It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheGreenCoat View Post
                      Not sure IBT, but the number of 200 X 100 rinks is slowly diminishing...even the Lake Placid Herb Brooks Arena will change to a more traditional size in the near future...UNH used to have a large sheet (maybe still does)...
                      The sheet at Lake Placid has the ability to change dimensions, somehow it can be changed for different games.

Comment

• Goaltending appear to be mediocre, not bad, but mediocre...College Hockey News provided "Advanced Metrics" for each game and one would think we could've at least gotten 2 points out in Marquette...nevertheless, and taking the long (and disappointing) view, here are a few numbers to ponder...since the 2006-07 season our program has a record of 219 wins, 286 losses, 72 ties (44%); in ECAC play we are 123-162-49 (44%)...is this satisfactory? is this acceptable? We do seem to be on "auto pilot" in a very depressing way...

Comment

• Something positive...thanks Shabby...saw Colton's goal...pretty amazing...

Comment

• Colton's goal WAS amazing. Saw it on youtube. Trevor Cosgrove "We turn our lonely eyes to you."
                            COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

• Cosgrove had three goals against us.

Comment

• Checking my facts, extensive work is still being done on The Herb Brooks Arena in Lake Placid. The new dasher boards allow the rink to be International size (200x100) or NHL size (200x80). ECAC will use 200x80 rink for the upcoming playoffs.

Comment

Working...
                                X