Colgate 2021-22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gylander 2020-21 6-9-4 SAA .901 GAA 2,70
    Gylander 2021-22 7-4 SAA .916 GAA 2.39 Already more wins than last year and both numbers improved dramatically !
    It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

• Thanks again, Shabby.
      We truly have made improvements in all three aspects of the game, which is why the Western Michigan free-fall game and the recent Conn game were so frustrating.
      But, for a roller-coaster ride to be optimal, I guess you need to go down every once in awhile.

Comment

• We are still in the learning process, a very young team. There are fourteen freshman and sophomores. I'm still blown away with Colton Young going from four pts last year to seventeen already this year.
        Last edited by sshablak; 12-01-2021, 01:39 PM.

Comment

• PairWise Rankings (PWR) for Colgate and 2021-22 opponents out of 59 NCAA D-1 MIH programs (as of 12/01/21)...

3-Western Michigan, 8-Quinnipiac,
          14-Clarkson,
          20-Cornell, 23-Connecticut, 25-Harvard, 27-Merrimack, 27-Arizona State, 29-Northern Michigan,
          32-Colgate, 33-RIT, 37-Saint Lawrence, 38-RPI, 44-Union, 48-Princeton, 50-Dartmouth, 54-Vermont, 57-Brown, 59-Yale.

This week's Colgate opponents... Clarkson and Saint Lawrence.

Notes: Only one major mood swing this week, as Harvard fell from 13 to 25, partly on account of a 1-0 loss to New Hampshire. And Yale has still not rebounded.

Comment

• I think Nate Owen must have read my post ! I was wondering why McAvoy wasn't playing, injury bug.

Comment

• I bet Iowa's on his way to Potsdam, wonder if he took rte 26 and went right by my house?

Comment

• Shabby,
                I take 38/38-B from Owego/Newark Valley to Union Center, then take 26 north through Whitney Point, Pitcher-Otselic-Georgetown, Oriskany Falls, Rome, then further north to Boonville, Lowville, Harrisville, and right on to Ogdensburg (where I pick up 43-year season-ticket-holder Clarkson Doug). We are now eating dinner at Eban’s Hearth, basically across the street from Clarkson in Potsdam.
                - Iowa
                Last edited by iowabasedtraveler; 12-03-2021, 05:57 PM.

Comment

• Colgate’s Carter Gylander in the net tonight, as is Ethan Haider for Clarkson.

Clarkson scored with six minutes left in period. Trickled past Gylander.

Clarkson 16, Colgate 11, SOG after one.
                  Clarkson 1, Colgate 0, score after one.

Good period of hard hockey. Colgate successfully killed two penalties.

Griffin Lunn scored past midway of game. Clarkson repeatedly turned over puck in their own end and hard work put it in.

Clarkson scored late in second period.

Clarkson takes penalty at period end.

Clarkson 30, Colgate 20, SOG after two.
                  Clarkson 2, Colgate 1, score after two.

44 sec. left. PP and Gylander pulled.

Clarkson 37, Colgate 27, final SOG.
                  Clarkson 2, Colgate 1, final score.
                  Last edited by iowabasedtraveler; 12-03-2021, 08:17 PM.

Comment

• That was One of the hardest working goals i have seen .

Comment

• Does anybody know about Colgate’s injured player in the third period. I believe it was Matt Verboon. He blocked a shot, but then couldn’t put any weight on that foot to even skate back to the bench. He scooted on the ice and was eventually pushed to the bench by another Colgate player. I hope it isn’t anything too serious.

Tonight’s game was a good advertisement for college hockey. Good, tough defensive game. It’s just a shame that we are the one flying the ‘L.’ On to Saint Lawrence...

Comment

• Originally posted by iowabasedtraveler View Post
                        Does anybody know about Colgate’s injured player in the third period. I believe it was Matt Verboon. He blocked a shot, but then couldn’t put any weight on that foot to even skate back to the bench. He scooted on the ice and was eventually pushed to the bench by another Colgate player. I hope it isn’t anything too serious.

Tonight’s game was a good advertisement for college hockey. Good, tough defensive game. It’s just a shame that we are the one flying the ‘L.’ On to Saint Lawrence...
                        I'm pretty sure he lost the blade on his skate, hence he couldn't skate off on one skate, not sure who it was.
                        I thought both teams played well, was a tossup !
                        We hit the crossbar with twenty secs left and skating six on four, so dam close to tying the game.

Trevor Cosgrove had a goal and two assists in Northern Michigan's upset of #1 UMD last night. He's tied for fifth in scoring and having a great season. We go out there for two games in January.

Iowa, Sergi's or Zsa Zsa's for Italian dinner in Canton, then the Hoot Owl for imbibements. Very informal like Eban's Hearth.
                        Last edited by sshablak; 12-04-2021, 01:10 PM.

Comment

• From a number of standpoints tonight's game would seem to be very important...obviously a 4-4 ECAC record is tangibly better than 3-5...and a loss would continue the descent after a 5-1 start...I think SLU is honoring Joe Marsh tonight so Appleton should be full...time to step up and win a close game PERIOD...

Comment

• Carter Gylander led the team out onto the ice for tonight’s pre-game warm-up. (Note to Shabby: a dozen chicken wings were $13 and delicious at the Madrid, N.Y., Hotel).

Saint Lawrence 8, Colgate 5, SOG after one.
                            Colgate 0, Saint Lawrence 0, score after one.

A much slower-paced game than last night.

Saint Lawrence scored a beautiful goal, rocketing past Gylander.

Scramble in front of Gylander results in SLU’s second goal.

Griffin Lunn from Matt Verboon. Beautiful shot than rocketed by Emil Z.

Alex Young tied it up. Noice.

Arnaud Vachon in box for five. Saints goal three minutes into it on well set-up play.

Saint Lawrence 21, Colgate 19, SOG after two.
                            Saint Lawrence 3, Colgate 2, score after two.

Two minutes left, SLU scored.

Young scored. Likely too little too late.
                            But SLU penalty.

Colgate 39, Saint Lawrence 26, final SOG
                            Saint Lawrence 4, Colgate 3, final score.
                            Last edited by iowabasedtraveler; 12-04-2021, 08:30 PM.

Comment

• the good news is that we all get a one-month reprieve from more suffering...this year's edition has more talent, more depth, etc., but we're still 8-10 (3-5 in ECAC) and we've lost 9 of our last 12..."the more things change the more they stay the same..."

Comment

• I understand that 'a loss is a loss,' but here are our ten losses (to-date)...

Merrimack 5 at Colgate 3,
                                Arizona State 4 at Colgate 3 (OT),
                                Western Michigan 6 at Colgate 5,
                                Western Michigan 2 at Colgate 1 (OT),
                                Colgate 2 at Dartmouth 3,
                                Colgate 1 at Harvard 5,
                                Union 2 at Colgate 0,
                                Colgate 1 at Connecticut 6,
                                Colgate 1 at Clarkson 2,
                                Colgate 3 at Saint Lawrence 4.

Comment

Working...