No announcement yet.

Colgate 2021-22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So today I learned that OT losses are considered to be a 45% win, 55% loss in the RPI, which takes away some of the sting of the past 2 weekends. This is due to OT being 3-on-3 now.

Also, in the league standings, you now get at least 1 point in the standings if a game goes to OT, with an extra point awarded if you win in OT or the shootout (not a fan of shootouts). But you get 3 points if you win in regulation. It should be fun tracking tiebreaker scenarios later in the season.

Lastly, why is our game at Dartmouth a 5 PM start? The other league games all start at 7.
    Colgate '09

Comment

• Originally posted by TchrBill View Post
      Interesting record analysis, IBT...it's unimpressive. After next weekend, 1/3 of the season will be in the books
      For me, the best outcome and takeaway was having Benson in net on Saturday...and Brescia at QB. Hope Benson gets the nod vs. Harvard
      Agree, Rain...nice to get the trip out of the way early, but like home ice advantage (which is a myth IMO), I think Harvard, Cornell & Co. will be motivated and very ready to play despite having last season off.
      H has potted 28 goals in their first 4 games....I'd say they're ready. Ha.
      ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

• I hear Harvard is loaded with NHL draft picks. It won't be as easy as some folks think.
        COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

• What won't be easy ?
          It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

• Beating Harvard.

Comment

• Beating Harvard’s never easy.

Comment

• I'll be at both games this weekend, so I'll get a first-hand look at this year's Harvard team and know for sure if they're world-beaters

But first, let's beat Dartmouth.
                Colgate '09

Comment

• Have a great weekend, Rainman. Unfortunately, these will be the first two ‘Gate games of the season that I will have missed.

Good read in The Dartmouth. Google The Dartmouth and click on Sports. For some reason, I can’t include the link here.
                  Last edited by iowabasedtraveler; 11-05-2021, 08:38 AM.

Comment

• This is way out in left field and totally off topic, (I apologize) but I have to post: men's soccer finished 0-18 after a 1-0 loss to Lehigh on Wednesday. Does anyone have any intelligence why this program has gone so way off the tracks? They were perennial PL champions or contenders for the Pl title, like yesterday! What could possibly have happened? Same coach. Shabby, maybe as an insider you can ferret out some info? (I'm getting no response on the Tapatalk board)

Good luck to the team tonight - 5PM start - at Dartmouth. Hopefully this is just a warmup for tomorrow's win vs Haavaad.
                    Last edited by ColSkate65; 11-05-2021, 09:02 AM.

Comment

• Dartmouth 3, Colgate 2, final according to Dartmouth site.

Comment

• Couldn't watch the game, a blessing to be sure...sounds like (and somewhat confirmed by College Hockey News) that we carried the play...not good enough and basically back to square one with a very talented, young Harvard team tomorrow night...noticed that Alex Young did not play tonight...hopefully his absence is temporary...I'm praying we aren't reverting to form of last several years...

Comment

• Great game in Cambridge tonight; 16 NHL draft picks on the ice between Harvard & Cornell, crazy! Give us 24 hrs and we'll be in familiar territory below .500
                          C O L G A T E
                          2023 ECAC CHAMPION
                          1990 NCAA FINALS
                          https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tiU0vQxIQE8

ECAC Pick the Standings Champion, 2008
                          ECAC Pick 'Em Champion, 2010 & 2015
                          ECAC Pick the Playoffs Champion, 2016

Comment

• Thoughts & Prayers for ‘Gate are much appreciated, TeacherBill & GreenCoat. I am having trouble finding the positives tonight, but it doesn’t appear to be our staying out of the penalty box with two PPGs against. Who was in goal for us? Carter Gylander?

Comment

• Gylander, we played shorthanded ten of the final twenty eight minutes.
                              It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

• In the 3rd period last night, there was a sequence where we had a shorthanded opportunity but hit the post. Dartmouth then carried the puck back the other way and eventually scored their 2nd goal with 4 seconds left on the penalty clock. It didn’t ultimately lose us the game but last night brought a fine line between winning and losing. We pulled the goalie with 1:20 left and came alive, but ultimately couldn’t get the tying goal. The game wasn’t lost until the game clock read all zeros.

All 5 of our losses have been 1-goal games. So each one stings. I’m just hoping the 6-5 loss to WMU isn’t snowballing.
                                Colgate '09

Comment

Working...
                                X