X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2-0 Gate ten minutes in
    It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

• Colton Young assisted on Pierson Brandon’s goal, then scored an unassisted goal himself.

Toughest team we have played yet, though.

Comment

• Watching the game, I can’t help but think what the WMU team is thinking/feeling about a very small crowd at Riggs. Great first period for ‘Gate!

Comment

• 2-0 after one

Comment

• WMU 19, Colgate 6, SOG after one.
            Colgate 2, WMU 0, score after one.

We are relying on Carter Gylander way too much, obviously. Western Michigan players are big and fast, with great puck-handling skills. Three Colgate penalties, I believe, compared to one for Western Michigan.

Comment

• Six minutes in penalties will catch up to us eventually ! We're on pp for roughly 90 secs starting period two.

Comment

• Shabby, first off the crowd is filling in. And the last Colgate penalty was ticky tack. If they call that all nights it’s gonna be 40 min of special teams all arounf

Comment

• Manderville the third ‘Gate goal,with Verboon the fourth. Alex Young the fifth Colgate goal. All three were PPGs. WMU started their comeback.

WMU 31, Colgate 18, SOG after two.
                  Colgate 5, WMU 2, after two.

Can you sit on a 5-2 lead against PWR #1 for twenty minutes? We will find out.
                  Now 5-3.

Apparently tomorrow’s game is a 5 p.m. start.

Now 5-4 with seven minutes left.
                  Now tied at 5 with a full five minutes left.
                  Make that WMU 6-5 lead with one minute left.
                  Sometimes in life, you reap what you sow.

WMU 53, Colgate 24, final SOG.
                  WMU 6, Colgate 5, final score.
                  Last edited by iowabasedtraveler; 10-29-2021, 08:21 PM.

Comment

• Ouch

Comment

• I'll ask again...how's that change in philosophy entering the third period working? The old 1-2-2? The problem with coaches that have been around forever? Perhaps they are too set in their ways...perhaps the 2X4 hitting the head evokes no response...I've said it and I'll say it again: let the kids play 60 minutes of hockey instead of forcing them to sit back on their heels and be dominated in their own end for 20 minutes...JC...enough is enough...

Comment

• Tomorrow will determine if Vaughn needs to go or not. After that type of loss, does the team come out ****ed off and ready to battle or licking their wounds. If he doesn’t get them fired up it may be time at the end of the season

Comment

• It is obvious, or should be obvious to anyone with half a brain, that these kids do not feel comfortable playing this system with a lead in the third period...smart coaches adjust, losing coaches continue to fit the square peg in a hole...tonight was simply awful/inexcusable and, especially after several disastrous third periods coming into tonight, the buck stops at the feet of the coach...we're 5-3 and could easily be 8-0 with a team that possesses (finally) both some speed and skill...

Comment

• Tomorrow? Please, he’s had 28 years of tomorrows.

What a great game by the Broncos. Hats off to them for an inspiring game. Gylander is a sieve and we were grossly outshot again. Hard to understand those who think we have turned the corner after witnessing this embarrassing debacle.
                            C O L G A T E
                            2023 ECAC CHAMPION
                            1990 NCAA FINALS
                            https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tiU0vQxIQE8

ECAC Pick the Standings Champion, 2008
                            ECAC Pick 'Em Champion, 2010 & 2015
                            ECAC Pick the Playoffs Champion, 2016

Comment

• It’s still early in the season, but that’s TWO “third period leads AT HOME turned regulation losses”. This is a SERIOUS cause for concern.

For the past 3 seasons we struggled to score goals. 5 goals should win you a hockey game. I don’t care if we were playing one of the top teams - this has “backbreaker-loss” written all over it.
                              Colgate '09

Comment

• A sieve? Really? I'm not sure I've seen a lot of sieves make 47 saves in a game. I'm not sure what you watched, and quite frankly I'm not sure you are either, but of all of the problems this team had tonight, especially in the 3rd period, Carter Gylander barely makes the list.

Comment

Working...
                                X