Colgate 2021-22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
    I'm furious, I buy ESPN+ and now to watch and now they want more money for "FLO" hockey ! Cya I'm f'in done !
    ESPN+ is only for home games and ECAC games. Atlantic Hockey uses Flo, which is why the game is on Flo and not ESPN+

Comment

Back at my hotel room in Rochester and still thinking about tonight’s game...
      I know it’s just one non-conference game in a long season, but me thinks that the coaching staff has to feel pretty good about the 5-2 win over RIT (who recently beat us 6-1 in downtown Rochester and 3-1 in our own house). Gylander looked really solid in goal (with Benson and Farrier dressed). Louie’s brother Nic, Pierre’s son Ryan and Cole Hanson all scored goals in their first game as Raiders. The team’s goals were the result of good offensive efforts... players just kept digging. The defense was the one area where we definitely need to improve soon, as we were extremely lucky at times. The SOG wound up tied, and the score could have been the same with all the defensive miscues. Anyway, a job well-done and on to Vermont for two nights. P.S. - the jerseys were Old Style.
      Last edited by iowabasedtraveler; 10-02-2021, 10:19 PM.

Comment

Appreciate the recap, Iowa. The key to me is having new players contribute from Day One. WIH has the the same good fortune. Forgive the cautious optimism, but did RIT look good? How was their goaltender? Hard to make too much sense after the first game of a young season. Seems like RIT can get a nice crowd there, true? Glad we could start with a W.

Looks like the day(s) to be in Hamilton are Oct. 30 (FB>WIH) and the trifecta on Nov. 20 (FB>WIH>MIH). Can’t wait!

Saw game 2 of WIH vs Mercyhurst. The Lakers are formidable. We could do with shooting the puck more but gotta love our start with some daunting games ahead. Banners look fantastic!

And indulge me for a sec…2-0 in PL play for FB, which is GREAT…but we just played the league’s 2 worst teams. Our pass defense needs help. If HC is the shining star, it’s not saying much for our woeful League. Like I could have guessed, Gilmore at Lehigh will have a winless season and needs to be shown the door. Am sorry for their players and fans. Alumni must be ****ed.

YES to the jerseys! And the new maroon is growing on me (slowly).
        C O L G A T E
        2023 ECAC CHAMPION
        1990 NCAA FINALS
        https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tiU0vQxIQE8

ECAC Pick the Standings Champion, 2008
        ECAC Pick 'Em Champion, 2010 & 2015
        ECAC Pick the Playoffs Champion, 2016

Comment

Outshot in the third 11-3 ?
          It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Shabby... yes on third period SOG. Typical strategy by Colgate (and Omaha and others) when leading... try to sit on the puck or just dump the puck into the opposition’s end. Fortunately, Carter was up to the task.

TeacherBill... by ‘Old Style,’ I meant the most recent Old Style, not the new style with diagonal letters that we’ve been seeing on Twitter.

RIT does draw good crowds and last night was no exception. The best way to tame the Tigers and their fans, though, is to score against them.

And, no, RIT (and their goalie) didn’t look particularly great last night. They had some quality chances, but, overall, they looked lackluster. They received the result that they deserved.

But, again, after witnessing 6-1 and 3-1 losses to them in the last couple of years, Colgate’s ‘W’ was most Welcome.

Off topic but I just attended LIU at Penn State on Sunday afternoon. I expected a major blood-letting and was pleasantly surprised with a good college hockey game. Penn State scored first, then second, but LIU came back in the third to make it an-anything-can-happen 2-1 game. With one minute left, PSU scored for a 3-1 final, but coach Brett Riley and his LIU team can hold their heads high.
            Last edited by iowabasedtraveler; 10-03-2021, 05:28 PM.

Comment

Vachon scored a beauty!
              Young followed it up with a sweet backhand of his own.

Last edited by TchrBill; 10-03-2021, 07:04 PM.
              C O L G A T E
              2023 ECAC CHAMPION
              1990 NCAA FINALS

Comment

Like these practice jerseys!!!

https://twitter.com/ColgateMIH/statu...769823234?s=20
                C O L G A T E
                2023 ECAC CHAMPION
                1990 NCAA FINALS

Comment

From Vermont thread on here...

”All Hockey East games are streamed for free at collegesportslive.com and that includes (Colgate at) Vermont.”

Comment

I'm furious, I buy ESPN+ and now to watch and now they want more money for "FLO" hockey !
                    ESPN+ covers our home games as well as games vs. ECAC opponents. For football, it also covers our home games, as well as games against both Patriot League and Ivy League opponents.

"Flo" hockey is a different service. You won't get every 'Gate away game on ESPN+ but it's still a good deal, and you get out-of-market NHL games starting this season!
                    Colgate '09

Comment

Not sure who on here is responsible for scouting future opposition, but I am hearing that the Ottawa at Cornell exhibition game on Sunday, October 17, will now be a Princeton at Cornell exhibition. I live close, so as long as the date holds constant and I can get a ticket, I plan to attend.

Comment

You don't know how mad I am !!!!!!!
                        Oh, I know how mad you are, Shabby. I went thru hell the past couple (of) years trying to get games on ESPN+ and missed 1 or 2 periods before I was connected. That's one reason I'm not renewing my subscription this season. No more 'Gate hockey for me (on the computer). Sad. Is John McGraw still doing the games on WSKG radio? Congrats to the team on the RIT win.
                        COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

Bill, kudos for putting the goals on here, outstanding, and a great picture.

Comment

solid start and great to see three of our incoming young men score their first collegiate goals...showed pretty good speed and good depth on both front and back ends...cautiously optimistic (I must be getting soft) for 2021-2022...

Comment

I was at the game and thought the team played well and looked really good. But I have to say if greencoat is optimistic, it must have looked insane haha

before I get overly optimistic I want to see it against a couple of teams. Basically trying to answer the question are we that good or is RIT. That bad. If we see another team or two we can start to make the decision.

Last edited by red133883; 10-06-2021, 02:29 PM.

Comment

We have a great home schedule starting after this weekend against quality competition. Something like ten of twelve are at home. We'll know rather quickly.

Comment

Working...
                                X