No announcement yet.

Colgate 2021-22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• would agree with IBT here...PP is distinctly better this year...team is faster with more skill...didn't see call on Manderville, but ASU does have talent on their PP...could be 7-0, should be 6-1, but next weekend a split is necessary...FOs about even through three periods...crowd, as usual, less than impressive...

Comment

• Originally posted by iowabasedtraveler View Post
      TeacherBill, I totally agree with you. Like the Saturday Merrimack home loss, we could have won tonight's ASU home game. But, unlike one week ago, I am not overly down-in-the-dumps about it. Yeah, we lost, in OT, after coming back from being down 2-0. Carter Gylander was visibly mad at letting that puck go by him in OT. I like a guy that isn't happy with a loss. Don Vaughan was a screamer behind the bench again tonight. It never hurts to see passion like that (after 28 years, no less). The key for me is... did we learn a lesson or two? Can we be better disciplined in the future and not take multiple penalties? Arnaud Vachon has been an asset, but he needs to learn to stay out of the penalty box. The same with ASU's BGSU grad transfer Timmy Theocharidis. He had multiple penalties tonight, but he least he got redemption with the GWG. So where are we? 5-2. And we could fairly easily have been 7-0 tonight. That's not all bad. Western Michigan of the uber-tough NCHC is next up... at home. As Shabby previously pointed out, these next two games will be the real test. Sweep and we're a very impressive 7-2. Split and we're a much-improved 6-3. Get swept and we're an average 5-4.

SolDiablo, congrats on tonight's win and continued good-luck down the road.
      Teams seemed better matched last night than Friday night. Sure helped ASU to get so many power play minutes. I think Colgate will do well the rest of the season. Good luck to you guys for the rest of the year also.

Comment

• For the record, I thought last night’s crowd was very good. Both Family Weekend crowds were a pleasant surprise. I went to yesterday’s women’s game and the afternoon attendance was better than the men’s crowds. The Pep Band was a welcome addition, but the real scene-stealer at the women’s game was the presence of 12 young men wearing nothing but black Speedos. A woman in the elevator on the way out thought they were from the Colgate swim team. What a hoot!!

Comment

• IBT, I stand corrected...albeit Parents' Weekend, but almost 1400 in the stands is an improvement...a true test comes next weekend...maybe getting ahead of myself, but Pairwise considerations are important even at this stage of the season (probably for WMU, hopefully for us)...so far ECAC o-o-c record is pretty good and the league does look improved...

Comment

• It’s Sunday night and I am already excited about the Western Michigan series this coming weekend. WMU is one of my fave teams, although coaching fave Andy Murray is not leading the team this year. I have been to their Lawson Arena in Kalamazoo, Mich., several times (as an Omaha season ticket holder) and I really enjoy the atmosphere there. They have a 3-1 record coming into Hamilton, N.Y., having swept Ferris State and split with powerhouse Michigan (oddly enough, winning at Yost and losing in OT at Lawson). Their goal tallies in those four games? 4, 4, 5 and 2. What did they let in? 0, 3, 2 and 3. We need to be on top of our game this coming weekend...

P.S. - Today I ventured down to the Toyota SportsPlex in Wilkes-Barre, Penna., for a club-level hockey game between Bloomsburg and Millersville. It was arena #110 for me, and it reminded me why I love NCAA Division-1 Men’s Ice Hockey. he he he
            Last edited by iowabasedtraveler; 10-24-2021, 08:07 PM.

Comment

• Glad the gas prices aren't getting you and your travels down, Iowa ;-) Agree that attendance and pep band made for a great atmosphere, esp. for the women's game. They certainly deserve it. The acoustics really help with the band. Next weekend, football and ice hockey on the same day; it's the Holy Grail of Colgate sports and it usually only happens once a year!
              C O L G A T E
              2023 ECAC CHAMPION
              1990 NCAA FINALS
              https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tiU0vQxIQE8

ECAC Pick the Standings Champion, 2008
              ECAC Pick 'Em Champion, 2010 & 2015
              ECAC Pick the Playoffs Champion, 2016

Comment

• Oh, no, apparently Western Michigan has been scouting the wrong team (scroll down to their next opponent )...

https://www.mlive.com/broncos/2021/1...outputType=amp

Comment

• Originally posted by iowabasedtraveler View Post
                  Oh, no, apparently Western Michigan has been scouting the wrong team (scroll down to their next opponent )...

https://www.mlive.com/broncos/2021/1...outputType=amp
                  Sometimes Mlive is unBearable.
                  Let's Go Broncos!

Comment

• Yikes !
                    It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

• If I am reading everything correctly...

Western Michigan is currently PWR #1.
                      Colgate is currently PWR #13.

Western Michigan is fifth of 59 in PP% with 31.58%.
                      Western Michigan is fifth of 59 in PK% with 94.74%.

Yikes is right.
                      Last edited by iowabasedtraveler; 10-28-2021, 11:30 PM.

Comment

• They have their hands full tonight, need great goaltending, and stay outta the sin bin, too many pims lately !

Comment

• It appears that Carter Gylander will be in goal for Colgate tonight, while Brandon Bussi will be between the pipes for Western Michigan.

Comment

• Looking at ESPN+. sad turnout, looks like 100 people there ! *** !

Comment

• Pathetic

Comment

• Gate 1-0 nineteen seconds in !

Comment

Working...
                                X