X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sshablak
    replied
    Originally posted by iowabasedtraveler View Post
    So who will be in goal for Colgate in ‘22-23?
    Carter Gylander?
    Who else?
    Nickolas Haas 6-3 Goalie recruit from the Chicago Steel 2022-23

Leave a comment:

• iowabasedtraveler
    replied
    https://colgateathletics.com/news/20...htMW7Y7Xr7jKE0

Leave a comment:

• iowabasedtraveler
    replied
    So who will be in goal for Colgate in ‘22-23?
    Carter Gylander?
    Who else?

Leave a comment:

• Oldtimer
    replied
    I agree Rightnut, with all the $ going into the sciences and innovation at Gate in the next few years it would be great to add a couple of small but really solid MA programs in something like Neuroscience and some cutting edge type of Entrepreneurship or Public Policy to mirror some of the internal interests being discussed in the 3rd Century Plan that appeal to both sexes and make us a legit Univ. Never understood the MAT degree in the first place but keep it and add programs that distinguish Colgate and appeal to those with extra eligibility who may want to visit for a year or 2 and come away with a championship and a valuable degree...

Leave a comment:

• iowabasedtraveler
    replied
    Cole Hansen…
    https://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/...php?pid=238295

Leave a comment:

• TheGreenCoat
    replied
    BTW Cole Hanson to Maine after his frosh year...

Leave a comment:

• Rightnut
    replied
    Originally posted by TchrBill View Post
    Saw it too, OT. But despite some great recruiting classes, we still fall short. I think one problem is 5th-yr seniors/grad students/transfers. I posted about this on the women’s forum. Schools like Northeastern and WCHA have anywhere from 3 to 6 on a team! Hard to compete against that level. Look no further than Elizabeth Giguere, 5th yr senior transfer at UMD, and the impact she made there in just one year.
    Colgate needs a real grad school. Not going to happen just for sports (but it would really help getting the 5th years) but it seems like if you are going to be a university, you may as well go all in.

Leave a comment:

• TchrBill
    replied
    Saw it too, OT. But despite some great recruiting classes, we still fall short. I think one problem is 5th-yr seniors/grad students/transfers. I posted about this on the women’s forum. Schools like Northeastern and WCHA have anywhere from 3 to 6 on a team! Hard to compete against that level. Look no further than Elizabeth Giguere, 5th yr senior transfer at UMD, and the impact she made there in just one year.

Leave a comment:

• Oldtimer
    replied
    By the way I saw one source which rated the women's incoming class #2 behind Cornell this coming year...

Leave a comment:

• Oldtimer
    replied
    Look at the '21-22 class who didn't show as they weren't needed and add them to the '22-23 class and you have a regular sized class...

Leave a comment:

• TheGreenCoat
    replied
    thx, but list is very similar to Neutral Zone and Heisenberg...the lack of 2023 commits perhaps indicates a change may be occurring "at the top"...just a guess, but...

Leave a comment:

• Oldtimer
    replied
    Oops, collegecommitments.com. Sorry.

Leave a comment:

• Oldtimer
    replied
    Go to collegehockeyinc.com College Recruits. my favorite site for both men's and women's recruit info.

Leave a comment:

• TheGreenCoat
    replied
    Desperately looking for our 2023 recruits, looks like only one or two listed, depending on sources...I know the 2022s can move back a year and that DV doesn't like to show his hand, fearing "poaching"...even so, both Neutral Zone and Heisenberg show very little coming into the fold a year from this September...

Leave a comment:

• iowabasedtraveler
    replied
    Shabby, Boston is a great host city. This was my third Frozen Four there. Clarkson Doug, Alaska Mike and I stayed at the Embassy Suites, Logan Airport location. On Thursday, before the games, we ate at Tavern in the Square. On Saturday, we are at a sports bar, also within walking distance of our parking garage ($54 a day) and TD Garden. On Friday, we went to the ProNyne Museum in Pawtucket, R.I., the USS Massachusetts in Fall River, Mass., and Provincetown, Mass. (at the tip of Cape Cod).
    I had four seats at center ice in the balcony, and one seat at center ice in the lower bowl.
    I am already looking forward to my third Frozen Four in Tampa next year, as it is also a great host city. I am planning on taking the Amtrak AutoTrain down and back.
    Now that I think about it, Columbus, Ohio, was the only poor host city, with no hotels, restaurants, bars, etc., near the arena.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X