Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TheGreenCoat
    replied
    Frankly it's now become easier to locate the two alien bodies killed at Roswell than finding our 2023 recruits...they too could be housed at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base in Dayton, Ohio...

Leave a comment:

• TheGreenCoat
    replied
    Thx FLHockeyMom...not good and the fact that he's going to UMass underscores the depth of the loss...it is becoming more and more pronounced that this program - even with the positive finish to 2021-22 - needs a major injection of new blood...and soon...

Leave a comment:

• FLHockeyMom
    replied
    Originally posted by TheGreenCoat View Post
    where did McDermott go? Haven't seen any news on his status...that would be a real blow to a decent defensive core...MIH is always reactive (at best)...Crete went to Mercyhurst and Laba to Colorado College...
    McDermott transferred to UMASS.

Leave a comment:

• TheGreenCoat
    replied
    where did McDermott go? Haven't seen any news on his status...that would be a real blow to a decent defensive core...MIH is always reactive (at best)...Crete went to Mercyhurst and Laba to Colorado College...

Leave a comment:

• CU13
    replied
    Make that an Asst Coaching job for Andy

Leave a comment:

• CU13
    replied
    Not only have Hanson and McDermott transferred, but Asst. Coach Andy Boschetto has accepted a head coaching job at a new program out west.

Leave a comment:

• TheGreenCoat
    replied
    Gabriel Crete - Navan Grads - looks like another de-commit...again I ask the question: where are our 2023 recruits? I still plan to be around and, sadly but probably, *****ing about a legacy of underperformance in a league that is barely above Atlantic Hockey in overall strength...replacing Lunn and McKeghney will not be easy and goaltending will be somewhat of a question mark...I try to look a few years ahead...perhaps the lack of 2023 incoming frosh reflects DV's situation...we're way past time for changes and remain curious if Brett Riley will or can return to Hamilton...the feedback I've gotten from a couple of individuals who "have knowledge" is that kids love playing for him...we need to demand more from everyone in this program, starting with the current AD...

Leave a comment:

• sshablak
    replied
    There's definitely some uncertainty for 2023-24, Riley was a great recruiter. On a positive note, Feb and March we finished 11-4 (two losses to Q-Pac) and beat Cornell at Lynah in the playoffs, overall 4-1 vs the Big Red.
    All returning dmen I believe and most of the forwards back. Alot will be on Gylanders back, I think we will be fighting for a first round bye. Go Bruins !

Leave a comment:

• TheGreenCoat
    replied
    Noah Laba, by far our most highly rated recruit for 2022, has officially de-committed and will be playing for Colorado College for 2022...frankly the incoming class this year now looks quite weak and, as mentioned before, the 2023 recruits are few and far between...unless I'm missing something we've got some serious issues here...

Leave a comment:

• iowabasedtraveler
    replied
    Colgate is hosting Vermont on Friday-Saturday, October 28-29, which is also Silver Puck Weekend.
    This is another reciprocal agreement, as we traveled to Vermont early last October and won both games, 5-3 and 2-1, respectively.

Leave a comment:

• QuasiCosmos
    replied
    Student Athletics Awards presented at Friday, May 6, Colgate Academic Awards Ceremony:

Men's hockey players:

Gottesman Award for Excellence in the Sciences and Athletics -- Mitchel Benson

Joseph Huther Prize (established to provide awards to two senior intercollegiate athletes, one male and one female) -- William Friend

Women's Hockey players:

Director of Athletics Award -- Delani MacKay

Leave a comment:

• iowabasedtraveler
    replied
    Maine is at Colgate on Friday-Saturday, December 30-31.

Leave a comment:

• iowabasedtraveler
    replied
    Colgate is hosting Northern Michigan on Friday-Saturday, October 7-8. This is a reciprocal agreement as Colgate ventured to Marquette, Michigan, in early January. We lost both games, 4-2 and 6-3, respectively.

One of the neatest things about that trip was on that Saturday night, before the game started, a woman came up to me (in my ‘Gate jersey) and asked, ‘are you with Colgate?’ I said, ‘well, I am a season ticket-holder’. She said, ‘I just want you to know that I am a long-time Northern Michigan fan and I think Colgate is the classiest team that I have ever seen, on the ice and off of it.’ That was pretty kewl to hear. Of course, I would have also liked to hear, ‘man, your team is the toughest one we’ve ever played.’ he he he

It also reminded me of a trip that I made to Oxford, Ohio, a couple of years ago following Colgate. On the second night, a woman sitting in front me turned around and asked, ‘what is wrong with your team?’ I asked, ‘what do you mean?’ She said, ‘look at them. The Miami players are all standing during the game and beating their sticks against the boards. And the Colgate players are all seated and looking straight ahead, like they are waiting to get their tests back from the teacher.’ She was right. he he he
    Last edited by iowabasedtraveler; 05-05-2022, 04:07 PM.

Leave a comment:

• iowabasedtraveler
    replied
    Thanks, Shabby, on pointing out that Nick Haas of Williamsville, N.Y., will be joining Colgate from the Chicago Steel.
    When I followed Colgate to Northern Michigan in early January, I happened to stay in the same Green Bay (Wisc.) hotel as the Steel.
    I finished out my hockey season recently at Nashville, Tenn., for an NHL game against Calgary, which made 58 hockey games for me in 2021-22.
    And Nashville was career rink #124 for me. I also turned over 20k miles on my new Honda, which was purchased in January.
    Can't wait for October 1 already. he he he

Leave a comment:

• iowabasedtraveler
    replied
    https://colgateathletics.com/news/20...g8Xr6AAe37i5lI

Leave a comment:

Working...
X