• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It will be Yale.
    It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

• From Colgate...

The fifth-seeded Raiders will host No. 12 Yale in a best two-out-of-three first round series of the ECAC Tournament at the Class of 1965 Arena beginning this Friday, March 4 at 7 p.m. Game 2 is Saturday, March 5 at 7 p.m. and game 3, if necessary, would be Sunday, March 6 at 5 p.m.

Tickets are available tomorrow from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. to season ticket-holders and on Tuesday to the general public.

Comment

• We can't afford to take Yale lightly. They can be a nasty team for us to beat over the years. They went up and beat Clarkson in Potsdam last wekend. We gotta take a deep breath and....bring it....
        COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

• Should be close, entertaining games ! Win and get Cornell in Ithaca.

Comment

• Did not expect the team to finish in the top 6 after the way we got bounced in our tournament of 4 teams last year. Very happy for them. Regret to say I have little confidence in Benson. Lost count how many times he has given up a goal in the first or last minute of a game or period. His GAA can't be good. Like our chances vs. Yale, but it could be much closer than we're expecting for a #5 v #12 matchup. Psyched to play in Hamilton one last weekend. Wish WIH tons of luck.
            C O L G A T E
            2023 ECAC CHAMPION
            1990 NCAA FINALS
            https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tiU0vQxIQE8

ECAC Pick the Standings Champion, 2008
            ECAC Pick 'Em Champion, 2010 & 2015
            ECAC Pick the Playoffs Champion, 2016

Comment

• It has been a while but this long time transplanted Cape Cod fan is rooting for a sweep of the Eli's this weekend so they can go to Ithaca while our women fight through QPac and then probably the Elis in the ECAC finals in New Haven... If the women can get by QPac on Friday, even if they lose in the finals they should get the nod for the NCAAs. Go Gate!

Comment

• I think you’re being a little too hard on Benson, Bill. He’s played pretty well down the stretch. GAA 2.67, save % .911 - not all that bad.

Comment

• I agree with Magoo. I have been pretty satisfied with our goaltending by Mitch Benson, Andrew Farrier and Carter Gylander. Heck, I am even high on Will Friend. To my knowledge, he has let in just one goal during his entire four-year career!!

Comment

• Benson has been great down the stretch. If I had a concern for anything it is the rebound control at times. Sometimes it seems like he places rebounds out in the open or can’t cover the puck up. But you can’t complain about the results

Comment

• I think Bensen has done a very decent job , aren't we 8-2 in our last ten games ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Oldtimer View Post
                        It has been a while but this long time transplanted Cape Cod fan is rooting for a sweep of the Eli's this weekend so they can go to Ithaca while our women fight through QPac and then probably the Elis in the ECAC finals in New Haven... If the women can get by QPac on Friday, even if they lose in the finals they should get the nod for the NCAAs. Go Gate!
                        Welcome back Oldtimer, don't be a stranger, you've been missed !

Comment

• Appreciated. They're still a long shot against the top teams in the league but for the first time in a while this '21-22 team can score, is entertaining and on any given night is capable of playing great..Go Gate!

Comment

• I probably like the Pair Wise Ranking (PWR) more than I should (as a Colgate fanatic), but… just how bad was the bottom 8 of the 12-team ECAC (when compared to all 59 NCAA men’s ice hockey teams, of which the top 30 would graciously be considered ‘in the top half’) this season?

This weekend…
                            PWR #56 is at PWR #34,
                            PWR #54 is at PWR #41,
                            PWR #52 is at PWR #47, and
                            PWR #57 is at PWR #50.

And PWR #34 is my beloved Colgate. Yikes!

Comment

• Mitch Benson led the team on the ice tonight and will be in goal against Yale. He is backed up by Andrew Farrier and Carter Gylander.
                              Pep Band is in the house, as are a bunch of ‘Gate students in ‘my section.’ In fact, near me, there aren’t that many empty seats.
                              Colgate 11, Yale 9, SOG after one.
                              Colgate 0, Yale 0, score after one.
                              Mitch has made some great saves, as had their goalie from Madison, Wisc.

Colton Young with a beautiful unassisted goal.
                              Mitch Benson had a shot stopped, but it dropped and trickled in between his skates.
                              Colton Young with a terrific PPG.

Yale 21, Colgate 15, SOG after two.
                              Colgate 2, Yale 1, score after two.

Ten minutes left and Yale is really pressuring… all five guys in our end. Colgate kills a penalty.

7.1 seconds left and Yale tied it up.

Yale 26, Colgate 23, SOG after regulation.
                              Colgate 2, Yale 2, score after regulation.

Both teams are allowing their respective goalies to face a lot of shots.

McKechney with the OT goal.

Colgate 34, Yale 34, final SOG.
                              Colgate 3, Yale 2, final score.
                              Last edited by iowabasedtraveler; 03-04-2022, 07:28 PM.

Comment

• Wasn’t pretty but we’ll certainly take it. I thought Yale had the better of the play in OT but McKechney made a great play to win it.

What were the refs looking at after McKechneys goal?

Comment

Working...
                                X