No announcement yet.

Colgate 2021-22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just noticed, Princeton plays six games in the next fourteen days. The last weekend they play Colgate, Cornell, and Harvard on Sunday night, three games in three days.

Clarkson is the hottest team in the country now winning ten straight after their win over Q-Pac !
    It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

• Originally posted by sk8tronthepond View Post

+1 This is the best sub-.500 team I have seen all year!
      Coming from an RPI fan !

Comment

• Originally posted by sshablak View Post

Coming from an RPI fan !
        I'll add my kudos to the Raiders squad. They played with tons of speed and the keeper shut the door when needed....which was a repeat of what they did to RPI earlier in the season in Hamilton. Good luck the rest of the way.
        ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

• Not pretty but a 2-1 SO win, they looked tired. Two points anyway.

Comment

• I’m happy for the 8 pt road trip. Looking forward to this weekend’s games - should be an intense couple of games!!! Go ‘gate!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by sshablak View Post
              Not pretty but a 2-1 SO win, they looked tired. Two points anyway.
              Thanks mostly to Benson. He was great tonight.

Comment

• You know, I was thinking about the conversation of a few days ago about great games at Starr, and maybe that skews my viewpoint on what I expect. The worst season the team had when I was there was 16-12-4. The team was routinely cranking out seasons 10 games over .500. Starr was a noisy, loud, full old barn. I miss that.

And so funny that many of us have such strong memories of that Harvard game in ‘89, even more indelible images than some of the best games of the magical ‘89-‘90 season (with exceptions as previously noted like the ECACs at Boston Garden or Lake State at home in the NCAAs). As I recall (and my memory may be cloudy after all these years), we were up big and CJ Young brought them back with a natural hat trick. When Woodcroft scored with less than ten seconds left in overtime, I thought the roof might actually blow off. Still one of the absolute best sporting events I’ve seen in my life.
                Last edited by Marmot; 02-14-2022, 09:35 PM.

Comment

• Nice, Marmot, I forgot there were less than ten seconds left. Did you play ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Magoo View Post
                    Thanks mostly to Benson. He was great tonight.
                    I've seen mention of Benson being in the transfer portal. If true (and I have no inside intel), I wonder if he will reconsider.

Comment

• Originally posted by FLHockeyMom View Post

I've seen mention of Benson being in the transfer portal. If true (and I have no inside intel), I wonder if he will reconsider.
                      He's a senior this year. The only reason why he would "transfer" is if he's on track to earn his bachelor's degree from Colgate in May but still has a year of NCAA eligibility.
                      Colgate '09

Comment

• I took in the Colgate-Brown game in Providence yesterday. Colgate definitely looked like a team that was playing its 3rd game in 4 days. But they never quit, especially after a generous puck bounce in the 1st period gave Brown an open-net goal to take a 1-0 lead.

It was also my first time experiencing 3-on-3 overtime and a shootout. I will say, I didn't like having the Zamboni's come out between the overtime and the shootout. It made the game feel more anti-climactic. But the shootout itself was fun to watch, even though I'm not a fan of it.
                        Colgate '09

Comment

• Originally posted by Rainman View Post

He's a senior this year. The only reason why he would "transfer" is if he's on track to earn his bachelor's degree from Colgate in May but still has a year of NCAA eligibility.
                          The data I've seen seems to suggest Benson has 2 years of eligibility remaining, likely due to the COVID year, but again, I could be misinformed.

Comment

• Is Gylander hurt, Bensen looks like our goalie right now. Gylander has better GAA and SAA numbers ?

Comment

• I’m pretty sure I heard Gate Radio mention that Gylander got hurt in warmups on a road trip several months ago.

Comment

• From my Quinnipiac game post of 01/21/22…

01-21-2022, 06:30 PM
                                Carter Gylander led Colgate onto the ice for tonight’s pre-game warm-up.
                                But, Mitch Benson took the position at the start of the game, with Andrew Farrier backing him up (and Carter Gylander).

Comment

Working...
                                X