Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iowabasedtraveler
    replied
    PairWise Rankings (PWR) for Colgate and 2021-22 opponents out of 59 NCAA D-1 MIH programs (as of 01/27/22)...

3-Western Michigan, 6-Quinnipiac,

17-Cornell, 18-Merrimack, 21-Clarkson, 21-Arizona State, 24-Northern Michigan, 26-Connecticut, 31-Harvard, 40-RPI, 41-RIT,
    42-Colgate, 43-Union, 47-Saint Lawrence, 48-Princeton, 52-Brown, 53-Dartmouth, 53-Yale, 58-Vermont.

No major swings this week.

Colgate's next opponents (at home)... Harvard (January 28) and Dartmouth (January 29).

Our only opponent this year that was in the 16-team 2021 NCAA tourney was Quinnipiac.
    Our only opponents next year that are in the 16-team 2022 NCAA tourney might be Western Michigan (away 2x) and Quinnipiac (home, away).

Leave a comment:

• sshablak
    replied
    OK Nitpicker, I think both teams "offense" should get a chance, geesh.

Leave a comment:

• LynahFan
    replied
    Originally posted by sshablak View Post
    I think BOTH teams should get a chance in OT.
    Is defense not part of the same team as the offense? Both teams DO get a chance.

Leave a comment:

• Rainman
    replied
    Sunday night's Bills-Chiefs game was very reminiscent of the Patriots-Chiefs AFC Championship game 3 years ago. Both games had a lot of 4th quarter scores and lead changes, then the game went into overtime. In that game, the Patriots won the OT coin toss and scored a TD, keeping Patrick Mahomes on the bench. So the Chiefs have now been on both sides of this OT scenario.

But I agree, both teams should have at least 1 possession in OT. They already do that in college football.

Leave a comment:

• sshablak
    replied
    I think BOTH teams should get a chance in OT.

Leave a comment:

• ColSkate65
    replied
    OFF TOPIC, but this is Monday a long time till the next game: What did posters think of last night's ending to the Chiefs-Bills game? Is a coin toss the way to end a playoff game that was so unbelievable down the stretch? Should each team have a chance with the ball in OT? Or did the Bills deserve to lose because they couldn't stop KC with 13 second to go? Should the NFL OT rules be changed? Sound off if you have an opinion.....

Leave a comment:

• Rainman
    replied
    Well, this is very disturbing, involving one of our former players:
    https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/...-jordan-subban

Leave a comment:

• red133883
    replied
    Originally posted by CU13 View Post
    Can someone tell me the benefit of the drop pass when we are on the power play?
    Creates a different angle and allows more room to move. The defender is always going to play the player with the puck so the drop pass creates different angles to skate into and the defender was not addressing the new player sktinf

Leave a comment:

• ColSkate65
    replied
    I believe Cornell beat QU in OT. That's something.

Leave a comment:

• sshablak
    replied
    Originally posted by CU13 View Post
    I always thought the recipient of the pass "should" be skating faster than the defensemen, who have to slow down near their blue line or they would back in near their goalie. Of course this assumes the puck carrier gets thru the neutral zone. Maybe others will chime in ?

Leave a comment:

• CU13
    replied

Leave a comment:

• iowabasedtraveler
    replied
    Andrew Farrier led the team out on the ice tonight for the pre-game warm-up. Also dressed are Mitch Benson and Will Friend.

Pierson Brandon scored an unassisted goal less than three minutes into the game.

Colgate had a Power Play and did not have one shot on net.

We gave up the puck in our own end resulting in a Princeton PPG.

Colgate 9, Princeton 7, SOG after one.
    Colgate 1, Princeton 1, score after one.

We are going to have to play better to win this one. We keep giving the puck away in our own end.

Arnaud Vachon scored a beauty from Ross Mitton. SOG are 23-8 Colgate.

Colgate 32, Princeton 14, SOG after two.
    Colgate 2, Princeton 1, score after two.

We have had some great opportunities that didn’t even register as a SOG. Of course, Princeton has, too.

Within the first 2 minutes of the third period, Princeton hammered one home.

Princeton goalie gives up a lot of rebounds.

Am seeing how Cornell could lose to this Princeton team last night. Ten minutes to go in the game and we lead SOG, 40-19. And we are tied 2-2.

Colgate 40, Princeton 23, SOG after three.
    Colgate 2, Princeton 2, score after three.

Going to five minutes of 3-on-3 OT.

No scoring in OT.
    Colgate 44, Princeton 25, final SOG.
    Colgate 2, Princeton 2, final score.
    Last edited by iowabasedtraveler; 01-22-2022, 08:29 PM.

Leave a comment:

• TheGreenCoat
    replied
    Will see tonight...lifetime DV is 12-0-3 (I think) in the regular season against his pupil, Ron Fogarty...on the other hand, since we are now 1-10-1 against Q-Pac in our last dozen HOME games I ventured to look at our last dozen HOME games against Cornell...although many games have been close, we're a sad 2-9-1...combined that's 3-19-2 (16.7%)...now realistically I would not expect even a 50% mark against the two most consistently successful ECAC programs for the above mentioned time period...but 16.7%?...dismal, really dismal...

Leave a comment:

• TheGreenCoat
    replied
    Good point Shabby...the other day I received a thank you note from our new football coach, Stan Dakosty, a letter that was informative, thoughtful and a decent length...even the signature is original...as yet I have not received anything from Silver Puck; i.e., the usual robot-signed, two paragraph template sent out year-in and year-out...this difference is hardly a disaster, but IMO is indicative of a much different commitment to being the best program one can be...

Leave a comment:

• sshablak
    replied
    Is there a Silver Puck Council ? How would anyone know ?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X