Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ColSkate65
    replied
    Many happy - and meaningful - memories I have of Starr Rink. Hate to see it go actually. There is a lot of great hockey - and great hockey players - those laminated beams have seen over the years. Hopefully '65 Arena will see some equally outstanding "events" take place over the years.

Leave a comment:

• sshablak
    replied
    At least we finally know what they're doing to Ol Starr !

Leave a comment:

• iowabasedtraveler
    replied
    https://colgateathletics.com/news/20...Vq9ojnNRiVbkow

Leave a comment:

• iowabasedtraveler
    replied
    I am old and old-school.
    I want an organist in the corner rafters and that is all.
    I hobble out of the arena before a shoot-out starts. Hockey is a team sport.
    I hate silly entertainment on the ice between periods.
    I go to the Frozen Four every year, but I refused to buy tickets for Ford Field in Detroit. The national championship game should not be played on a temporary rink.
    I hate gimmicky hockey.
    Having said all that… I saw my first 3-on-3 OT game at the Steve Cady rink in Oxford, Ohio… defending national champion Providence at Miami… and I loved it, surprising even myself.

Leave a comment:

• sshablak
    replied
    Copy the NHL....No originality.

Leave a comment:

• Marmot
    replied
    Agree with Green Coat for the most part; 3 x 3 overtime seems gimmicky to me. I’m also not a huge fan of the shootout. Why can’t we just call it a tie?

Leave a comment:

• TheGreenCoat
    replied
    Frankly I don't think it's a bad system overall...my only reservation is playing the overtime 3 X 3; 4 X 4 seems better and I would guess that most coaches would agree...

Leave a comment:

• Rainman
    replied
    The ECAC Hockey website lists the correct number of points per team, as well as their overtime/shootout decisions:
    https://ecachockey.com/men/2021-22/standings_manual

Leave a comment:

• Marmot
    replied
    Magoo, I think this calculation works as well:

(RW x 3) + ((OW + SW) x 2) + OL + SL

Leave a comment:

• Magoo
    replied
    In case anyone’s interested the magic formula is:

points = ((3 x W) - OW) + OL + T + SO

I think it was easier to derive the Pythagorean Theorem.
    Last edited by Magoo; 02-07-2022, 06:31 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Magoo
    replied
    Thanks Coat. I think I get it now.

Leave a comment:

• TheGreenCoat
    replied
    OK...we've played 15 league games...we have 5 wins, 7 losses and 3 ties...(any game that is decided in regulation or in overtime will be a win or a loss)...we have 5 wins, but one of them was in overtime (against Dartmouth); in these games we accumulated 12 points (4 X 3) for regulation wins AND two points for the Dartmouth overtime win (again, this counted as a win, but because it was in ot got us only 2 points)...we've had three additional games that went to a shoot out and ALL are considered ties, but the shoot out determines whether we receive 1 point or 2 points...we're 2-1 in shoot outs, so we've gained another 5 points...adding it up, 12 plus 2 plus 5 equals 19 points...another to look at this (and relevant to adjust for teams playing a varying number of games)...with 15 games played 45 points have been available and The Gate has 19 points, a winning percentage of .422...

Leave a comment:

• Magoo
    replied
    And USCHO says we’re in 8th place with 19 points. Does Don Vaughan (or any coach for that matter) even know how many points his team has? I wouldn’t blame him if he didn’t.
    Last edited by Magoo; 02-07-2022, 02:31 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Magoo
    replied
    I think I figured out you get 3 points for a regulation win but after that I’m lost.

Leave a comment:

• Magoo
    replied
    Could someone please tell me where I can find the official up-to-date ECAC standings? CHN says we’re in 10th place with 17 points. The ECAC app says we’re in 8th place with 13 points. And does anyone know the magic formula to compute the number of points a team has?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X