Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magoo
    replied
    I liked how we played in our own end last night. Great pass by Mitton to set up Glasman for what turned out to be the game winner. But we generated next to nothing offensively in the 3rd period.

Leave a comment:

• sshablak
    replied
    We're .500 in ECAC standings, that's all that counts. Beat Brown tomorrow and we are one point behind Cornell for a first round bye ! Right now Cornell is not Cornell, I think when Schaffer gets back you will see a different Cornell team.

BTW...if we stay in fifth and beat the twelvth place team(currently Dartmouth) at home and the Big Red stay in fourth, we would play Cornell in Ithaca for the right to go to Lake Placid ! You never know, stranger things have happened !
    Last edited by sshablak; 02-13-2022, 08:53 AM.

Leave a comment:

• sk8tronthepond
    replied
    Originally posted by TchrBill View Post

Typical…as if a string of wins negates 15 years of sub-.500 performances. If Colgate does not finish the season at .500, then remind me again about naysayers.
    +1 This is the best sub-.500 team I have seen all year!

Leave a comment:

• TchrBill
    replied
    Originally posted by red133883 View Post
    For all the nay sayers, when was the last time we got 11 points in 4 games (obviously never because of the current scoring system) but 3 wins and an overtime “win” is an amazing 2 weeks and 4 points behind Cornell with a game in hand!
    Typical…as if a string of wins negates 15 years of sub-.500 performances.

Great weekend and a series against Cornell to be remembered. Benson still gave up 6 against U/RPI and he needs to be the difference. If Colgate does not finish the season at .500, then remind me again about naysayers. We have been dumped in so many playoff rounds and tournaments…the entire package is the problem.

Leave a comment:

• red133883
    replied
    Just thought about it but we only need to tie Cornell for the bye!if we can get two points at brown we only need two more points than Cornell with the exact same schedule

Leave a comment:

• red133883
    replied
    For all the nay sayers, when was the last time we got 11 points in 4 games (obviously never because of the current scoring system) but 3 wins and an overtime “win” is an amazing 2 weeks and 4 points behind Cornell with a game in hand!
    Last edited by red133883; 02-12-2022, 10:05 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Rainman
    replied
    First time since the 2005-06 season that we sweep the Union-RPI road trip!

Onto Brown! I’ll be there on Monday, cheering on the Raiders!

Leave a comment:

• sshablak
    replied
    Good win, we finally caught some breaks at the end !
    Shoutout to Griffen Lunn, eight goals in ECAC play puts him up with the leaders in the league, by far his best season.
    Last edited by sshablak; 02-12-2022, 09:22 AM.

Leave a comment:

• TheGreenCoat
    replied
    This game takes some of the pain away from early (WMU) losses...nothing like a little confidence as well...on to the (empty) Houston Field House...get points...

Leave a comment:

• red133883
    replied
    I really think last weekend has our team going strong. At the end of the shootout win at Lynah, our team was jumping and dancing with excitement. I haven’t seen that ever with a gate team, then with this comeback

Leave a comment:

• Dutchman
    replied
    What a shoot-out. Nice win. You never quit.
    Last edited by Dutchman; 02-12-2022, 09:25 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Rainman
    replied
    A nice comeback win tonight!

We’re onto RPI!

Leave a comment:

• CU13
    replied
    SO many great memories in Starr!!! I'll never forget that Harvard game - I remember telling a student (who had to sit next to me because the student section was filled) - "look around - it is 7:15 (games started at 7:30) - this place is SRO. You might never see this again." I remember, too, when Dave got hurt and, if my memory serves me correctly, Menges had just played out of his mind, stopping shots from back to back powerplays, when Gagnon came back on the ice. The place went absolutely crazy!!!!! Then, at the end of the game, Craig Woodcroft's (who just scored the game winner) Dad jumped over the glass onto the ice. That was the team we could brag about. I remember being in Boston for the ECAC championship, the day after we beat Clarkson and we were going to play RPI for the championship - my family and I were wearing our Colgate garb and passing us on the sidewalk were some boys wearing RPI garb, who were smirking at us. I said to them "laugh now, boys, because you won't be laughing later." And they weren't! Go 'gate!!!!!!! p.s. I miss Section 1.

Leave a comment:

• sshablak
    replied
    In the Harvard game Dave Gagnon got cut badly through his mask in the second period, I was right behind the goal in standing room tickets. He came back after getting stitched up and played the third after Menges backed him up while he was gone. There were 3,000 people at the game, after the first period the PA guy said that if you left the arena that you might not get back in. At that time Starr held 2600 fans but they let in standing room. Those were the golden days !

Leave a comment:

• TheGreenCoat
    replied
    Agree with you ColSkate65...two stand out for yours truly, occurred within one year of each other...1989 6-5 overtime win against a Harvard team that won the national championship...outshot them roughly 2-1...I think they lost maybe 3 games all year...#2: two quarter final wins against a very talented Lake Superior State squad (1988 national champs), springing us into the Frozen Four...3-2 and 2-1 I believe...men's hockey owned both the students and all within the Hamilton area...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X