Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• red133883
    replied
    Let’s go gate, let’s go Princeton. Let’s just worry about our game cause Cornell can easily lose to Princeton (not a dig at Cornell just in general I think Princeton is a decent team)

Leave a comment:

• sshablak
    replied
    We are getting contributions from everyone, Mandervile is playing his best hockey, and he's a big boy, two assists last night. Nice to have some size on powerplays, screening and not being moved in front. I think he's starting to be a key player for us.
    BTW...beat Q-Pac tonight and Princeton beats Cornell and we get a first round bye. Not likely but possible, that's why they play the games.

Leave a comment:

• TheGreenCoat
    replied
    Games they were losing in November and December are now 1-goal victories...kudos to the program for turning what could've been a very disappointing season into one of promise...Benson solid, contributions from everyone...no matter what happens tonight a good way to enter the playoffs...

Leave a comment:

• iowabasedtraveler
    replied
    As we’ve said for four or five seasons now, these kids just don’t give up. And I appreciate the fact that the coaches believe in them, but I don’t want us to bank on them pulling it out every game. Wow!
    It is weird watching a game on ESPN+ tonight, as I am normally at their game (or doing something totally different). But, the misguided weather forecast got me this weekend. I had it on my big screen, until it quit. In the time it took me to bring it up on my phone, I missed the first ‘Gate goal. Sheesh! Then I noticed that when I am watching it on PPV, I tend to do other things at the same time (so I am lucky to see goals on instant replay). And then I yell at the screen when the announcer keeps saying ‘Bell-ped-io’ instead of ‘Bell-pee-dio’ like I learned it. Anyway, it was a totally different experience for me tonight (but ultimately a fun one).

Leave a comment:

• Rainman
    replied
    Originally posted by still an empty net View Post
    Also if we get Cornell in the playoffs when was the last time that happened?
    2006. ECAC Semifinals.

Leave a comment:

• still an empty net
    replied
    Well Colgate battled to the end and found a way to win in regulation, looks like it won’t mean much for a 4th place finish but still should finish 5th (with one game left). And if we are all being honest, all 4 teams ahead are better than Colgate so a 5th place in the ECAC isn’t the end of the world. I know it’s not what we wanted but we are also not a dumpster fire. Congrats to the players and coaches for fighting through a season that could have gone really bad as Iowa showed in his earlier post. Best of luck tomorrow and let’s finish this on the right side. Also if we get Cornell in the playoffs when was the last time that happened?

Leave a comment:

• CU13
    replied
    Come back kids is right! The team is playing solid hockey!! Great road win. Also - great home playoff win for the women vs Cornell - in OT, 1-0!!!! Go 'gate!!!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Rainman
    replied
    Call us the “comeback kids” - twice this month we overcome a 3rd period deficit to win in regulation, both on the road!

Leave a comment:

• iowabasedtraveler
    replied
    Cornell’s take on the final weekend of the ECAC Hockey regular season…

https://cornellsun.com/2022/02/23/pl...r-mens-hockey/

Leave a comment:

• iowabasedtraveler
    replied
    Rainman, I am in the same boat (though I have been to Hobey Baker once before). I bought my Princeton ticket online last night, but am concerned about the poor weather forecast. After my December 10 deal in the Bronx, I am skittish about driving through the City again. So, I would just come home after Princeton.

The Tale of Three Seasons

10/02/21-10/22/21 -- 5 wins, 1 loss

10/23/21-01/28/22 -- 3 wins, 13 losses, 2 ties (shoot-out loss & win)

01/29/22-present -- 5 wins, 1 loss, 2 ties (shoot-out win & win)

PairWise Rankings (PWR) for Colgate and 2021-22 opponents out of 59 NCAA D-1 MIH programs (as of 2/22/22)...

3-Western Michigan, 6-Quinnipiac,

14-Connecticut,

17-Clarkson, 20-Merrimack, 22-Harvard, 23-Cornell, 25-Northern Michigan, 28-Arizona State,
    39-Colgate, 39-RIT, 41-RPI, 48-Princeton, 49-Saint Lawrence, 49-Union, 54-Dartmouth, 56-Brown, 57-Yale, 57-Vermont.

No major swings these past three weeks, though Connecticut has steadily moved up into the bubble.

Colgate's next opponents (away)... Princeton (February 25) and Quinnipiac (February 26).
    Last edited by iowabasedtraveler; 02-22-2022, 04:48 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Rainman
    replied
    We can't finish lower than 7th. Earning 3 points this weekend guarantees we finish no lower than 5th. And to finish 4th, we need to gain 3 points on Cornell over 2 games.

Sadly, it looks like there's a widespread rain/snow storm happening in the Northeast on Friday morning. That's too bad - Hobey Baker Rink is the one ECAC rink I've never visited and I really wanted to make the trip down there on Friday! Guess I'll watch on ESPN+ instead.

Leave a comment:

• sshablak
    replied
    The last six teams are separated by four points, I guess we could wind up playing any one of them, not just Yale or Dartmouth if we finish fifth. There are fourty four scenarios.

Leave a comment:

• sshablak
    replied
    Many "ifs" this weekend ! We need to pick up three points on Cornell to finish fourth for a bye. We need Q-Pac to beat Cornell(doable), Princeton to beat Cornell(who knows which Cornell team shows up), otherwise we need to beat Princeton and Q-Pac(a tougher out). This assumes we beat Princeton.
    If any of the scenarios above happen,and we pick up three points somehow on Cornell, we own the tiebreaker with Cornell.
    If none of the scenarios work out for us, good chance we finish fifth, play Yale or Dartmouth at home, win that initial series, then we play Cornell,# four vs # five us, in Ithaca.
    If, we finish fourth and get the bye, and Cornell finishes fifth and Cornell wins against Yale or Dartmouth, we play Cornell best of three in Hamilton, that is what I want !
    Of course if we don't beat Princeton friday night all of the above are "moot" points.

Leave a comment:

• sshablak
    replied
    Oops, thanks Rain, guess I better not trust my "failing" memory any more.

Leave a comment:

• Rainman
    replied
    Originally posted by sshablak View Post
    Gate went to the NCAA's every five years for awhile, 1981, 1985, 1990, 1995 and 2000. We "might" have gone in 2005, my memory's failing me . Last appearance was 2014, lost to Ferris St. in Cinncinnati 1-0. I think we beat Ferris twice that year one game a 4-0 shutout.
    Colgate's NCAA appearances were in 1981, 1990, 2000, 2005, and 2014.

We made it to the ECAC Championship Weekend in 1995, 1999 (back then it was a "final five"), 2000, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, and 2015 - 11 times in a 21 season timespan - but haven't been back since. The graduating class of 2019 was the first time since 1994 that a graduating class never made it to that weekend.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X