Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TheGreenCoat
    replied
    did anybody really think we were going to win a game where your coach has such little faith in the talent of his team that he sits back and simply tries to defend the goal for 40 minutes...several points: 1) the officiating was simply disgusting; not a surprise since the pathetic ECAC needs fannies in the seats in Lake Placid, 2) the Cornell color guy is a jerk and should try his hand doing color commentary for women's field hockey, and 3) Cornell deserved to win the game...Coach Schafer knew what to do...we do not press, we sit back, he pinches his D-men all night and gets away with it...feel for Benson, not happy with our (usual) passive approach on the ice, not confident tomorrow...I'm sure the worms heading ECAC Hockey are happy...

Leave a comment:

• still an empty net
    replied
    Benson played unreal. But, you can’t win games when the other team has an entire period on the power play in a 60 minute game. Offense needs to get going tomorrow night.

Leave a comment:

• TheGreenCoat
    replied
    God Bless Mitch Benson...shot attempts in second period, as we "defend" our own zone, were 38-9...

Leave a comment:

• Wicked Slappaahs
    replied
    Originally posted by TheGreenCoat View Post
    ECAC announced first, second and third team All League the other day...frankly, I don't get exercised about much of this; I don't see a lot of other (non-Colgate) league games, but 15 of the 18 selectees came from the top four teams in the league...seems like a bit of overkill and perhaps a lack of extensive analysis...just spiff balling here, but...
    Don't put too much credence into this...its the ECAC we're talking about after all. They nominated Tsekos and Linden as POY candidates and they weren't even 1st team selections....(I'm an RPI fan....so I'm not complaining !)

Leave a comment:

• Rainman
    replied
    It's game day! Beat Red!

Leave a comment:

• sezenack
    replied
    Originally posted by TheGreenCoat View Post
    ECAC announced first, second and third team All League the other day...frankly, I don't get exercised about much of this; I don't see a lot of other (non-Colgate) league games, but 15 of the 18 selectees came from the top four teams in the league...seems like a bit of overkill and perhaps a lack of extensive analysis...just spiff balling here, but...
    Coming from an RPI fan, Colton Young got robbed

Leave a comment:

• sshablak
    replied
    The CHN article on Mike Shafer says six players will play tonight that didn't play in our sweep of Cornell. Yikes Also a small chance Mike will be back after his tripto his Doctors in NYC.

Leave a comment:

• TheGreenCoat
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Wicked Slappaahs
    replied
    Originally posted by iowabasedtraveler View Post
    That's as much info as there has been on Shafer's health and recovery. Best of luck to 'Gate this weekend -- I think the Raiders have a punchers chance of pulling off a weekend upset.

Leave a comment:

• iowabasedtraveler
    replied
    https://www.collegehockeynews.com/ne...nd-Waiting.php

Leave a comment:

• iowabasedtraveler
    replied
    Shabby, I have friends in Ithaca that are long-time Cornell season ticket holders. They said Big Red’s slump after the North Dakota sweep was less about their coach’s absence as it was about the injury to, and loss of, Russian Max Andreev (and one or two others). I don’t know when and if Max came back.

Leave a comment:

• sshablak
    replied
    Cornell is a bit of an enigma this year, they lost six straight in Jan and Feb, but swept North Dakota away, and Quinnipiac. And we swept them, go figure. Which team shows up this weekend ? We finished 10-2, our best streak in years, at least we should have a fairly confident team.
    The Big Red finished strong after their losing streak with two shutouts over Q-Pac and Princeton and a thrashing of Clarkson 6-2. Mike is still out to the best of my knowledge.
    Last edited by sshablak; 03-08-2022, 08:07 AM.

Leave a comment:

• TchrBill
    replied
    You can tell how much I am following the men these days lol…
    .500 is a very good sign, but sweeping Cornell at Lynah with our pathetic history against them is a tall order. Something about this Colgate team makes me believe we won’t make it easy for them. And the Big Red are not invincible this year.
    We will lose if we take penalties. And penalties are a given in this series.
    Enjoying all aspects of Colgate hockey this morning!
    Good luck @ColgateMBB! Navy/BU should be a great game and glad one of them will lose!

Leave a comment:

• sshablak
    replied
    Originally posted by TchrBill View Post
    Hats off to Colgate on the series sweep. Thought it was closer than it should be against the #57 PWR team. Keep the broom out of the closet and get to .500 with a sweep at Cornell!
    We are .500 now, good win but not as sweet as the women. NCAA game in Hamilton this week(maybe two) !

Leave a comment:

• TchrBill
    replied
    Hats off to Colgate on the series sweep. Thought it was closer than it should be against the #57 PWR team. Keep the broom out of the closet and get to .500 with a sweep at Cornell!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X