Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• red133883
    replied
    Was reading some opinions about this series and read one where it was a tough series for Cornell since they dominated the series as a whole……..Cornell lead for a total of 1 min and 27 seconds.

did they outshoot colgate, yes, but when colgate lead for 92 minutes total it’s hard to say that Cornell dominated. No matter how many shots they took they were chasing the game and not in control and had to bring that pressure to stay in the game.

Leave a comment:

• iowabasedtraveler
    replied
    Magoo, I will be going to Lake Placid with my friend Clarkson Doug from Ogdensburg. We have gone each year that it has been held since I moved back East five years ago. This year it will be extra special since both of our teams will be there, too. Will Colgate have a pre-game reception anywhere in Lake Placid?

Marmot, I only watched today’s game, but I thought the announcing duo gave Colgate due credit… in the final two minutes of the contest (when it was apparent to them that Big Red, or ‘our team’ as it was called, was going down to defeat). They aren’t as bad as North Dakota’s homers, but they are on the same list in my opinion.

Going back to my ‘three seasons of Colgate hockey’ this year…

#1: 5-1-0, 25gf, 15ga, 4.16gfa, 2.50gaa.
    #2: 3-13-2, 44gf, 60ga, 2.44gfa, 3.33gaa.
    #3: 10-3-2, 41gf, 34ga, 2.73gfa, 2.27gaa.

Total: 18-17-4, 110gf, 109ga, 2.82gfa, 2.79gaa.

#1: CG 4-0-0, AF 1-1-0.
    #2: CG 3-8-0, MB 0-3-1, AF 0-2-1.
    #3: MB 10-3-2.

Total: CG 7-8-0, AF 1-3-1, MB 10-6-3.

MB was in goal for both Quinnipiac losses.

Leave a comment:

• QuasiCosmos
    replied
    Raiders are 10-3-2 in last fifteen games.
    They are 0-6 against ECAC Tournament teams this season. Let's make the next two the ones that matter!

Leave a comment:

• Marmot
    replied
    Also, I actually thought the Cornell broadcasting crew was good. They certainly gave ‘gate a ton of credit the last two games.

Leave a comment:

• Marmot
    replied
    That was a weird game; it almost reminded me of a soccer game. Cornell controlled most of the play and had a ton of shots. But really not very many high quality chances at all. It seems strange to say it, but it never felt like they were going to score. Conversely, by my count, we had two chances and cashed them both.

Congrats to the team on the series win and on to Lake Placid.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Congratulations to Colgate for a outstanding win.

I'm devastated that the our season ends, but the Raiders deserved the victory.

Good luck in Lake Placid.

Leave a comment:

• Magoo
    replied
    Fantastic job by the team this weekend! They showed a ton of character after a tough loss on Friday.

With this win Don Vaughan has now won 5 road playoff series. Not to shabby, pardon the pun.

Looking forward to the trip to LP on Friday! Anyone else going?

Leave a comment:

• red133883
    replied
    We beat Cornell 4 times in a year! (Yes I am counting the shootout win as a win

Leave a comment:

• CU13
    replied
    As Shabby says "it all starts with goaltending." He is right! Mitch Benson, Mitch Benson, Mitch Benson - sat out most or all of last year due to concussion protocol and was backup to Gylander until early this year. I can't say enough good things about Mitch or the team!!!! Beating Cornell four times in a season is outstanding, but beating them back to back at Lynah is incredible! Great job, Colgate!!!! On to Placid with pride!!! Go 'gate!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• CLKHockey
    replied
    Congratulations to ‘Gate Nation! Clarkson fans across the board are absolutely thrilled with your team. See you guys in LP!!

Leave a comment:

• Dutchman
    replied
    Fantastic Win !!! I remember when you knocked us off the same way a number of years ago. Great Job !!!

Leave a comment:

• TchrBill
    replied
    YES, AL MICHAELS, I DO!
    Stone Wall Benson, Wow.
    A drought is over!
    Go 'Gate!
    First two links below my signature vs. Qpac in LP 2014...let's hope they don't remember!

Leave a comment:

• sshablak
    replied
    BTW....I didn't want to jinx them so I didn't say anything earlier. I knew we were going to win......The THIRTEEN of the month !

Leave a comment:

• Rainman
    replied
    LAKE PLACID, HERE WE COME!!!!!

Mitch Benson, series MVP!

We will be underdogs against Quinnipiac but sometimes a series win over a rival can propel a team to bigger things. In 2011, the Boston Bruins defeated the Montreal Canadiens in the first round, in 7 games (with an OT goal) on their way to winning the Stanley Cup. Regardless of the outcome of the next game, it’s been a fun ride this year and we will NOT finish with a losing record!

Leave a comment:

• sshablak
    replied
    Where did Mitch Bensen come from ? Where was he the first half of the season ? Played like an All American this weekend and was MVP of this weekends games, let alone what he's done the last 14 games. MVP MVP MVP
    Colgate may have been outshot, but they were so disciplined, so impressed with their gameplan, they beat the Red thugs at Lynah, cherish it tonight and go to Lake Placid with a successful season ! Good for you DV !!
    Now watching the NCAA selection show, we're playing Wisco friday,
    Last edited by sshablak; 03-13-2022, 05:39 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X