Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TchrBill
    replied
    Went up to LP every time we made it, but I always left heartbroken. Hope we win but hate to watch us lose, so will stay home and pray for the best for the underdog #5 seed. Enjoy the pregame gathering and the games!

Yes, goaltending makes the difference. Qpac has a record # of shutouts this season…
    Hannah Murphy replaced Osborne in net and gave the Raiders a new season.

Leave a comment:

• Rainman
    replied
    Lake Placid is a magical place. But I'm going to have to pass this year due to insanely high gas prices and rain in the forecast on Saturday. But I'll be watching.

Leave a comment:

• CU13
    replied
    I love Placid and wish I could be there this year. Cheer loud and proud for me Magoo and Iowa!!!! Go ‘gate!!! I’ll be watching.

Leave a comment:

• Magoo
    replied
    You going to LP Shabby?

Leave a comment:

• iowabasedtraveler
    replied
    Lake Placid roll call…

Magoo. Check.
    Iowa. Check.

Others from here?

When I followed Colgate to the Friendship Four tourney, I was surprised that the ‘Gate followers there were basically a completely different subset of ‘Gatekeepers than those that post here. Then I have friends that were 30-year season-ticket-holders that were part of a different subset altogether. Hopefully we’ll have a good-sized group of vocal supporters this weekend.
    Last edited by iowabasedtraveler; 03-15-2022, 06:43 PM.

Leave a comment:

• sshablak
    replied
    Thanks Iowa, that's a great read !

Leave a comment:

• iowabasedtraveler
    replied
    To their credit, no mention of the icings which weren’t called (per their homers) nor that the moons just weren’t aligned properly…

https://cornellsun.com/2022/03/13/me...ss-to-colgate/

Leave a comment:

• red133883
    replied
    Must be the 1990 retro jerseys (we rarely used them this year but used them all 5 games against Cornell)

Leave a comment:

• iowabasedtraveler
    replied
    TeacherBill, thanks!
    Pregame Gathering
    Friday, March 18 | 1:30 p.m. ET
    Players Sports Bar and Grill

Alumni, families, and friends making their way to Lake Placid are invited to a pregame gathering. This casual event is free to attend; light appetizers provided, and guests may choose to order from the menu / purchase beverages on their own.

Leave a comment:

• Marmot
    replied
    Here is a question: is this a down year for Cornell?

Leave a comment:

• Rainman
    replied
    Originally posted by TchrBill View Post

So really what you’re saying is that we’re undefeated against the Big Red since 2021
    I say ditch the previously jinxed CU/CU stats and start a new era of hockey!
    From February 2005 through February 2020 (15 years!), we had a record of 5-25-7 vs. Cornell.
    From March 2020 to the present day, our record vs. Cornell is 3-1-1.

We've exorcized some serious demons recently.

Leave a comment:

• TchrBill
    replied
    Originally posted by red133883 View Post
    We beat Cornell 4 times in a year! (Yes I am counting the shootout win as a win
    So really what you’re saying is that we’re undefeated against the Big Red since 2021
    I say ditch the previously jinxed CU/CU stats and start a new era of hockey!

Pecknold has done an amazing job at Q. Our special teams vs. Cornell was also key.

Iowa, there is always a Colgate reception! Keep an eye and ear out!

Leave a comment:

• TheGreenCoat
    replied
    Rope a Dope. Benson awesome and no major mistakes in our own end. Thank God ‘cause we did spend a lot of time there. These kids are resilient and believe in each other. Down south so will be watching with a nice Cabernet. You never know.

Leave a comment:

• redrower
    replied
    Congrats to Colgate, you buried your chances. Good luck the rest of the way.

Leave a comment:

• redrower
    replied
    [QUOTE=

Marmot, I only watched today’s game, but I thought the announcing duo gave Colgate due credit… in the final two minutes of the contest (when it was apparent to them that Big Red, or ‘our team’ as it was called, was going down to defeat). They aren’t as bad as North Dakota’s homers, but they are on the same list in my opinion.

[/QUOTE]

If you only watched today's game then you aren't really qualified to comment on the announcing, in my opinion. Cornell's crew are some of the best in the business, and even acknowledged that slipup.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X