Minnesota State 2021-22 Meet the new conference- same as the old conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minnesota State 2021-22 Meet the new conference- same as the old conference

UMass to open the season, St Cloud next week. Duluth a possibility the week after- but definitely later in the year.

When was the last time a frozen four team scheduled the other three the very next season?

Go Mavs!

I'm guessing that it never happened.

Great non-conference schedule we have. No easy games. If we get 7 of 10 wins, we should be in good position in the Pairwise.
    Last edited by Iwearpurple; 09-27-2021, 02:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by njmav1 View Post
      UMass to open the season, St Cloud next week. Duluth a possibility the week after- but definitely later in the year.

When was the last time a frozen four team scheduled the other three the very next season?

Go Mavs!
      With three teams from out of conference, I'd say that's pretty rare.

But considering that the entire Frozen Four in 2005 was made up of (then)WCHA teams, it has happened before in 05-06. It also would be true for both Michigan State and Michigan in 1992-93, since they played each other and Lake Superior State in the (then)CCHA season and also had games against Wisconsin in the College Hockey Showcase after all four were in the 1992 Frozen Four.

Comment

thank you njmav1 for the new thread.

Loved the Mavs non-conf. schedule this season. We'll find out what kind of team we have very quickly this year. Thinking it will be real good. Not sure if UMass or Duluth will have the studs they had last year, but looks like St. Cloud will.

Does anyone know how to access the UMass series online feed this weekend? I'll be at my class reunion sneaking a peak at the Saturday night game...if I can access it.

Comment

Originally posted by Double Major View Post

Loved the Mavs non-conf. schedule this season. We'll find out what kind of team we have very quickly this year. Thinking it will be real good. Not sure if UMass or Duluth will have the studs they had last year, but looks like St. Cloud will.

Does anyone know how to access the UMass series online feed this weekend? I'll be at my class reunion sneaking a peak at the Saturday night game...if I can access it.
          I think collegesportslive.com carries Hockey East games, and there appears to be some sort of free trial period.

Comment

Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post

I think collegesportslive.com carries Hockey East games, and there appears to be some sort of free trial period.
            Watch MIH: Minnesota State at UMass (10/02/21) - Stream Men's Ice Hockey Online - Oct. 2 7:00 P.M. ET - SportsLive (collegesportslive.com)

And it looks like both games are free.

Comment

Originally posted by Double Major View Post

https://www.collegesportslive.com/schedule/hockeyeast/

Comment

I believe I read somewhere that Hockey East is making all games available for free this year. Hmmmm, CCHA, are you listening?

EDIT: Yep!
                https://www.hockeyeastonline.com/art...ng-details.php
                Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
                FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
                NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
                NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
                NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
                NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
                Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
                Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

Originally posted by beaverhockeyfan View Post

I believe I read somewhere that Hockey East is making all games available for free this year. Hmmmm, CCHA, are you listening?

EDIT: Yep!
                  https://www.hockeyeastonline.com/art...ng-details.php
                  Half of Hockey East is in the Boston TV market and allows the league to generate much greater advertising revenue than Big Rapids, Houghton, Sault Ste Marie, Bemidji and Marquette.
                  "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post

Half of Hockey East is in the Boston TV market and allows the league to generate much greater advertising revenue than Big Rapids, Houghton, Sault Ste Marie, Bemidji and Marquette.
                    There you go throwing advertising into the argument, darn it......
                    Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
                    FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
                    NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
                    NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
                    NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
                    NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
                    Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
                    Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

Saw today that Brennan Ponerzay is now with the Gophers. Anyone have any insight on whether he just decided to move or if there is another goalie coach in waiting in the wings?
                      Mess with the bull, you get the horns.

Comment

A little something to whet the appetite.

Quinnipiac vs Minnesota State Ice Hockey Game Highlights, 2021 NCAA Loveland Regional Semifinal - YouTube

Comment

How about that win eh?! Seemed like a good and strong start, but we'll see what tomorrow brings!
                          It was nice to be able to stream the games on collegesportslive.com, the quality was OK (have had better, have had worse)

Comment

Hi All!
                            Are there any season ticket holders that are interested in selling any tickets this year to the Maverick Games in Mankato? Looking for two tickets to a few games.
                            The single-game tickets are a little picked over and was hoping to get something a little more towards mid-ice and in 200 level. I live in the southwest suburbs in the twin cities, but my son and I usually make it down for 4-5 games a year.

Some games I'm interested in for purchasing pair of tickets (all Saturday games):
                            - Nov 13th - Bowling Green
                            - December 4th - Mich Tech
                            - January 29th - AZ St
                            - Feb 19th - Bemidji

I live in the southwest twin cities near Chaska.

Feel free to text or email if you have any you are selling:
                            320-224-5709
                            brandon05mn@gmail.com

Thank you in advance!

Comment

Great job, Mavs! The new CCHA represented very well tonight.

Comment

Working...
                              X