No announcement yet.

Minnesota State 2021-22 Meet the new conference- same as the old conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The team arrived safely in Boston today.

Heard there was a minor injury scare in a scrimmage last weekend, but everything came out fine and should have all hands from Regional weekend available Thursday.

see you all in Boston tomorrow night.
    AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

• I'm heading off to Boston tomorrow morning. Sounds like a lot going from Mankato. See you there.

Comment

• 2 tickets available both days, Loge 7 e mail Champ972001@Yahoo.com

Comment

• Thread bump. GO MAVS!

Comment

• Well done Mavs!! Good luck Saturday night!

Comment

• Congrats on beating Minnesota! Saturday night is gonna bring back memories of the old WCHA. I miss those days. Denver vs. Mankato was always a bats*** crazy game.

Anyways, best of luck and may the best team win.
              Denver Pioneers - NCAA ICE HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS - 1958, 60, 61, 68, 69, 2004, 05, 2017

2016-17 Penrose Cup Champions

YEARS SINCE LAST COLORADO COLLEGE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP - 61...and counting

Chicago Cubs - WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS - 1907, 1908, 2016

Chicago Blackhawks - STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS - 1934, 1938, 1961, 2010, 2013, 2015

Manchester City F.C. - Premier League/First Division Winners - 1937, 1968, 2012, 2014.

RIP Butch

sigpic
              www.firstandmonday.com

Comment

• Let's go moo cows!
                BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                Skating Friar Jersey
                AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

• Let's finish the year the way it started- with two wins in Massachusetts.

Comment

• Men against boys last night...you guys clearly had the best team of the 4. Good luck.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post

I think any Denver hate is from old time folks. The real hatred is saved for UND, Minnesota, Michigan.
                      Yeah, I'm not sure of any mutual hate between the 2 sides. I just remember the games always being crazy. It seemed like we always played games with a ton of goals and end to end type stuff.

I think the hatred is more with the B10 schools who decided they were too special to be with the rest of us in the WCHA and the CCHA. The old WCHA was an amazing conference with special rivalries and it was ruined.
                      Denver Pioneers - NCAA ICE HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS - 1958, 60, 61, 68, 69, 2004, 05, 2017

Manchester City F.C. - Premier League/First Division Winners - 1937, 1968, 2012, 2014.

RIP Butch

sigpic
                      www.firstandmonday.com

Comment

• That was pure domination. Physically pounded the gophers into submission. Best of luck against the Pios
                        Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by dubbie31 View Post

Yeah, I'm not sure of any mutual hate between the 2 sides. I just remember the games always being crazy. It seemed like we always played games with a ton of goals and end to end type stuff.

I think the hatred is more with the B10 schools who decided they were too special to be with the rest of us in the WCHA and the CCHA. The old WCHA was an amazing conference with special rivalries and it was ruined.
                          Interesting quote last night from Coach Hastings about a series against Denver in 12-13, Hastings' first year. He said Gwoz made him feel like he might never win a conference game at Mankato. Some players have cited that series as the turning point in the season. We played some pretty good hockey, but got swept at home in a couple of one goal games by a Denver team that was ranked 2nd in the country at that time. Afterwards, Coach more or less said that if you're satisfied with those losses, then that's as good as you'll ever be. We had the next week off, swept Wisco in Madison, and ended up making the NCAA tournament.

But I'm sure you're remembering a game that's legendary in Mankato, when we rallied from down 7-1 to win 8-7. Denver got the last laugh later that year, winning a national championship.

Comment

• Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post

Interesting quote last night from Coach Hastings about a series against Denver in 12-13, Hastings' first year. He said Gwoz made him feel like he might never win a conference game at Mankato. Some players have cited that series as the turning point in the season. We played some pretty good hockey, but got swept at home in a couple of one goal games by a Denver team that was ranked 2nd in the country at that time. Afterwards, Coach more or less said that if you're satisfied with those losses, then that's as good as you'll ever be. We had the next week off, swept Wisco in Madison, and ended up making the NCAA tournament.

But I'm sure you're remembering a game that's legendary in Mankato, when we rallied from down 7-1 to win 8-7. Denver got the last laugh later that year, winning a national championship.
                            The 8-7 for you guys and the 9-7 for us. But, there's been other crazy games. I miss the old WCHA. Mankato fans were some of the best when they came to Denver. Loved having beers with them when I was going to games. Living in Texas now, not much college hockey here.
                            Last edited by dubbie31; 04-08-2022, 04:42 PM.

RIP Butch

sigpic
                            www.firstandmonday.com

Comment

• https://www.uscho.com/2022/04/08/nor...richter-award/

Told ya
                              Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

AHA:
                              B1G: UMich, MSU, UMinn, Notre Dame, OSU, UWisc
                              CCHA: BSU, BG, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU
                              ECAC:
                              HEA: UMass
                              NCHC: Miami, UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
                              Independant: ASU

Inactive: UAH, ASU, BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

Comment

• What a bizarro message to tell college hockey that a goalie who was never good enough in any single season to win the Richter is somehow the best overall player. Clearly a tip o' the hat career achievement award. Which is weird, since that's not what the Hobey actually is awarded for.
                                Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

AHA:
                                B1G: UMich, MSU, UMinn, Notre Dame, OSU, UWisc
                                CCHA: BSU, BG, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU
                                ECAC:
                                HEA: UMass
                                NCHC: Miami, UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
                                Independant: ASU

Inactive: UAH, ASU, BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

Comment

Working...
                                X