Minnesota State 2021-22 Meet the new conference- same as the old conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DrunkTrainPolka View Post

but hey, as a tech fan, i hope he stays in mankato... he is a huge asset to the CCHA.

GO TECH GOLD!
    Agree. We were having this discussion on the BG forum. The consensus is the rest of the CCHA should get their s#!t together and compete at Mankato's level rather than hoping Mankato regresses.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lost_Husky View Post

To me, Sparty has nothing to offer other than being a B1G team. He would go from being "The Man" to being the third program to support, at best, within the athletic department and a virtual unknown around town/campus.
      The Michigan State rumors seem the least likely to me. And I'll say up front, I have no relationship with Coach Hastings, (Other than a couple of drinks with him at a Boston bar after a sweep of BU in 2017!), but I don't see that Michigan State is a big step up, unless they commit more money and attention to their program than they have in the past. Coach has no ties to the school or the state, the cupboard is largely bare, and there are likely better offers out there.
      But, I wish him all the best in whatever he chooses, and will remain a big fan wherever he goes (or stays).
      Last edited by purpleinnebraska; 04-27-2022, 12:17 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post

The Michigan State rumors seem the least likely to me. And I'll say up front, I have no relationship with Coach Hastings, (Other than a couple of drinks with him at a Boston bar after a sweep of BU in 2017!), but I don't see that Michigan State is a big step up, unless they commit more money and attention to their program than they have in the past. Coach has no ties to the school or the state, the cupboard is largely bare, and there are likely better offers out there.
        But, I wish him all the best in whatever he chooses, and will remain a big fan wherever he goes (or stays).
        Michigan State is just finishing a $26 million upgrade to Munn Ice Arena, including a brand new locker room and associated facilities. The commitment to the program is not in question.

I'm sure it would be better as a coach to have an on-campus arena that's used for nothing but hockey rather than a municipal facility that can schedule other events into the building. Doubt that's a deal maker but certainly a positive. And the philosophy of building a program rather than recruiting a team is the way Spartan hockey was traditionally built, so the fan base would be on board.

It's going to come down to A) is money the main driver in the potential move and B) can Michigan State outbid Mankato. If A) is a yes then certainly B) is too.

Comment

• Will someone start an MSU off season Thread? I know its hard to let last season fade away, but we need to kick off discussion for the coming successful season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Double Major View Post
            Will someone start an MSU off season Thread? I know its hard to let last season fade away, but we need to kick off discussion for the coming successful season.
            Minnesota State Offseason 2022: Rebuild or reload? - USCHO.com Fan Forum | fanforum.uscho.com

Comment

Working...
            X