Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Northeastern 2021-22: Our Doggie Dish Runneth Over?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I only caught the third period and OT tonight. It looked to me like an intense game. While I thought they really fizzled out offensively against Lowell, tonight I thought they created chances but not much was going to get by these guys. In the end, our best sniper decided it. Road wins are often not that aesthetically pleasing so I'll take it. They have to get some more goals going though. This weekend is a good test for this team.

And Devon Levi stands to keep getting even better.
    Let's Go Huskies!

Northeastern University '02

Comment

Pathetic.

Northeastern forward Johnny DeRoche was notably back in the lineup for the Huskies for the first time since Oct. 15. The senior is facing sexual assault allegations that surfaced in April from his time with the University of Vermont.

Comment

Originally posted by Lemonade View Post
        Pathetic.

Northeastern forward Johnny DeRoche was notably back in the lineup for the Huskies for the first time since Oct. 15. The senior is facing sexual assault allegations that surfaced in April from his time with the University of Vermont.
        What's pathetic is your acting as judge, jury, and executioner on the basis of an unproven accusation. As you correctly point out, the allegation has been around for at least half of this year and presumably has been investigated by UVM, NU, and the DA's office in Burlington. I'm as abhorred as you are by the nature of the accusations but Last time I looked, due process and presumption of innocence were still bedrock principles of our justice system. I'm not jumping to any conclusions but it might be worthwhile to google Dana Stubblefield.

"Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Originally posted by Split-N View Post

What's pathetic is your acting as judge, jury, and executioner on the basis of an unproven accusation. As you correctly point out, the allegation has been around for at least half of this year and presumably has been investigated by UVM, NU, and the DA's office in Burlington. I'm as abhorred as you are by the nature of the accusations but Last time I looked, due process and presumption of innocence were still bedrock principles of our justice system. I'm not jumping to any conclusions but it might be worthwhile to google Dana Stubblefield.
          Have you read the story the victim posted? Player shouldn’t be playing until it is sorted out.

Comment

Have you read the story the victim posted? Player shouldn’t be playing until it is sorted out.
            A quick web search turned up nothing. I admit to being uninformed, but ask UNH fans how rushing to judgment with Casey DeSmith turned out.

I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

Originally posted by Split-N View Post

This is quite the assumption. Is there any proof anyone did, in fact, investigate these allegations? There's no record anywhere of this and Keefe's no comment answer did not help.

No one is suggesting he be thrown in jail right now, only that he should not be in the lineup with serious criminal allegations against him where all indications are no one has investigated.

Originally posted by Darius View Post
              A quick web search turned up nothing. I admit to being uninformed, but ask UNH fans how rushing to judgment with Casey DeSmith turned out.
              The link is posted above:https://www.instagram.com/p/CORtCgkjEZZ/
              ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by Darius View Post
                For those who are interested and too lazy to click:
                izzykingoftherats TW: sexual assault
                After seeing a series of stories about uvms failure to support survivors, I feel as though I have found the strength to share my story as well. On the night of September 20th, 2019 I was sexually assaulted by Uvm hockey player Johnny Deroche (now at northeastern). I decided to go to ales with my roommate. Two members of the team bought us each a shot and I began feeling extremely drunk and asked one of them to leave the bar with me. He brought me to an apartment on college street that was not his as he lived in the dorm rooms. As we walked throughout the streets to the apartment, I remember not being able to stand. Once in the apartment, we went directly in a bedroom where I passed out. I woke up with him on top of me and no clothes on. I continued to go in and out of consciousness as he continued to have sex with me. At one point he put his hands around my neck and squeezed so hard I thought he was going to kill me. Soon after I remember telling him “no” and “to stop it didn’t feel good” and he didn’t stop. I began to cry and he didn’t stop. Next thing I remember is being told to put my clothes back on, that he wanted to go back to the bar. I told him I could barely see straight and didn’t know if I could make it home. He responded by leaving me on the side of the road like a piece of trash as he met up with his friends at the bar.
                After this happened, I struggled with coming forward and going to the title IX office to formally put in a report as I was terrified. It wasn’t until I told my mom on the Tuesday after where she encouraged me to get in contact. I later went to the title IX office and told my story. The response I got was extremely terrifying, cold, and intimidating. It was along the lines that it would be a grueling and long process that would ultimately be re-traumatizing and that since he was an athlete on campus it would be much harder to convict him. This is basically where I gave up hope and did not report. Continue in the comments. #uvm #universityofvermont #uvm2021#uvm2022 #uvm2023 #uvm2024

Comment

For those who are interested and too lazy to click:
                  izzykingoftherats TW: sexual assault
                  After seeing a series of stories about uvms failure to support survivors, I feel as though I have found the strength to share my story as well. On the night of September 20th, 2019 I was sexually assaulted by Uvm hockey player Johnny Deroche (now at northeastern). I decided to go to ales with my roommate. Two members of the team bought us each a shot and I began feeling extremely drunk and asked one of them to leave the bar with me. He brought me to an apartment on college street that was not his as he lived in the dorm rooms. As we walked throughout the streets to the apartment, I remember not being able to stand. Once in the apartment, we went directly in a bedroom where I passed out. I woke up with him on top of me and no clothes on. I continued to go in and out of consciousness as he continued to have sex with me. At one point he put his hands around my neck and squeezed so hard I thought he was going to kill me. Soon after I remember telling him “no” and “to stop it didn’t feel good” and he didn’t stop. I began to cry and he didn’t stop. Next thing I remember is being told to put my clothes back on, that he wanted to go back to the bar. I told him I could barely see straight and didn’t know if I could make it home. He responded by leaving me on the side of the road like a piece of trash as he met up with his friends at the bar.
                  After this happened, I struggled with coming forward and going to the title IX office to formally put in a report as I was terrified. It wasn’t until I told my mom on the Tuesday after where she encouraged me to get in contact. I later went to the title IX office and told my story. The response I got was extremely terrifying, cold, and intimidating. It was along the lines that it would be a grueling and long process that would ultimately be re-traumatizing and that since he was an athlete on campus it would be much harder to convict him. This is basically where I gave up hope and did not report. Continue in the comments. #uvm #universityofvermont #uvm2021#uvm2022 #uvm2023 #uvm2024
                  Screen shot all of this and send it to the DA.

Comment

Hoping for more shots tonight and another stand out performance by Levi. We will need some forwards back soon to generate offence.

Comment

Regardless of accusations I don’t think Deroche adds anything remotely worth interesting to the lineup, nor does he add anything to the future of the program. I’d rather move out outzen to center and give home some ice time

definitely need to put the puck on net more tonight, but it starts at passing and making space. Passing has gotten better, but was rough against a heavy BU team yesterday. I’m also not sure why we pass the puck at all on the power play if they are just going to take garbage shots from the blue line

Comment

Well that was my 1st shootout and the barn was rocking with a near sellout and total participation in the student section. I really would have preferred a w tonight, that said I will take 4 pts this weekend. However, we still need to do some work. BU season quickly becoming Albies last. Again Levi is a rock. Have a good Thanksgiving! Stay safe.

Comment

Originally posted by RossiRules View Post
                          Well that was my 1st shootout and the barn was rocking with a near sellout and total participation in the student section. I really would have preferred a w tonight, that said I will take 4 pts this weekend. However, we still need to do some work. BU season quickly becoming Albies last. Again Levi is a rock. Have a good Thanksgiving! Stay safe.
                          Had a buddy take his 10 year old to the game and said it was a great crowd but was shocked at some of the profanity and cheers from the student section. He didn't elaborate but found that interesting. How bad could it have been? I assume FUBU...etc?

Comment

Had a buddy take his 10 year old to the game and said it was a great crowd but was shocked at some of the profanity and cheers from the student section. He didn't elaborate but found that interesting. How bad could it have been? I assume FUBU...etc?
                            It was mostly FBU. The worst part wasnt that it happened, but that that it happened every few minutes. There was other intermittent profanity, but nothing at a chant level.

The students could use some more creativity, thats for sure. It was great to have a full house, but at the same time standing room on the other side was full of irregulars that didn't know any of the chants or the goals song and broadly diluted the student performance.

It was also probably the most depressing performance of stacy's mom i've heard yet

Comment

Shocked?? Shocked you say!! Your friend must not attend many college hockey games. The students may be a bunch of hard working former valedictorians, but they are still college students who are not yet finished ladies and gentlemen. I hope your friend doesn't take his son to a Harvard-Cornell game, especially in Ithaca. He'll leave the rink wondering why those Ivy Leaguers can't cheer politely the way the NU kids do.

Comment

Originally posted by OnePack View Post
                                It was also probably the most depressing performance of stacy's mom i've heard yet
                                This is still a thing?

Comment

Working...
                                X