Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CCHA Pick 'EM - Even though it's the Inaugural Season, We're Back Baby!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The NCAA has to be thanking their lucky stars that Mankato won. If I'm Northeastern and I get bumped from the tournament because Bemidji won after the refs left the arena and violated NCAA rules by restarting the game, I'm doing this first thing in Sunday morning.

Comment

• From Collegehockeynews: "In fact, it does appear an NCAA rule was broken. Rule 82.1 states that "Officials' duties continue until players have left the ice at the conclusion of the game." There was even a mid-season memo sent out across college hockey, saying that these kinds of reviews are not allowed once the referees leave the ice.

Lucia either didn't remember the memo or didn't care at that point.
      "

Comment

• When you go back and rewatch the CCHA media day, the one where the bragged up how great the officiating was going to be, AND how the review system was "second only to the NHL," this is an appropriate ending to the season.

Comment

• Did they rename to CCHA so one of the C’s could be for “clown show”?

Don Lucia’s finest last night.
          The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Originally posted by paulfb View Post

Maybe Lucia wanted a second CCHA team in the nationals. As my late father in Boston used to say, the Battle of Bunker Hill wasn't on the level, either.
            No - it was on a hill!!
            bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
            SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
            All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
            A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

As my late father in Boston used to say, the Battle of Bunker Hill wasn't on the level, either.
              Originally posted by UncleRay View Post
              No - it was on a hill!!
              Yes, it was on a hill, but Breed's Hill, not Bunker Hill. Maybe we should redo the battle and the rest of the American Revolution.

Sean

Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
              Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
              BU Hockey highlights and extras
              NCAA Hockey Financials
              Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
              I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

• Originally posted by TalonsUpPuckDown View Post
                The NCAA has to be thanking their lucky stars that Mankato won. If I'm Northeastern and I get bumped from the tournament because Bemidji won after the refs left the arena and violated NCAA rules by restarting the game, I'm doing this first thing in Sunday morning.
                Can anyone even imagine the spectre of judges in Minnesota and Massachusetts getting dragged out of their beds (or wherever else) in the middle of the night and being asked to issue TROs (Temporary Restraining Orders) enjoining the CCHA from recognizing BSU as its hockey tournament champion if the second OT turned out differently? And then the endless appeals and maybe other TROs that would last through Sunday and prohibit the NCAA from announcing selections.

A veritable litigators national championship.
                "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

• Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
                  Yes, it was on a hill, but Breed's Hill, not Bunker Hill. Maybe we should redo the battle and the rest of the American Revolution.

Sean
                  Even though the peacekeepers were on the way back to their hotels?

Comment

• https://mobile.twitter.com/ChrisDilk...58972273930245

Apparently the overhead wasn't immediately available, or the officials involved in reviews are really bad.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post

Sean
                      Why? Is there new video evidence?

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

• Originally posted by pdt1081 View Post
                        https://mobile.twitter.com/ChrisDilk...58972273930245

Apparently the overhead wasn't immediately available, or the officials involved in reviews are really bad.
                        One of that tweet's replies had two angles - both of which rather clearly showed no goal. Re-regiewing after everybodybu5 the winning team had left is simply too late. With replays in spor5 in general, many people suggest a two-minute rule. It's lime the five second rule when dropping food: anything later than that is a no-go. Officials do an incr3dibly good job at calling games. We need to trust them. And when mistakes are made - lime the original call last night - forgiveness and grace should be extended. Even a little for blowing the video review. But coming back to it later is beyond the pale. Would it have sucked for Bemidji to have lost lime that? Yep. But honest, legal decisions need to be upheld, even when it takes tons and tons and tons of scrutiny to find the mistake.

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

• Originally posted by UncleRay View Post

even when it takes tons and tons and tons of scrutiny to find the mistake.
                          Lol. You have to be blind to have missed that on initial review
                          Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

AHA:
                          B1G: UMich, MSU, UMinn, Notre Dame, OSU, UWisc
                          CCHA: BSU, BG, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU
                          ECAC:
                          HEA: UMass
                          NCHC: Miami, UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
                          Independant: ASU

Inactive: UAH, ASU, BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

Comment

• Originally posted by UncleRay View Post

Why? Is there new video evidence?
                            The patriots were offsides.

Comment

The patriots were offsides.
                              As I recall they were supposed to fortify Bunker Hill and not Breed's Hill, which was lower and further forward, so yes, you can say they were offsides.

Sean

Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
                              Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
                              BU Hockey highlights and extras
                              NCAA Hockey Financials
                              Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
                              I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

• I 100% support making the right call and the right call was made. It’s less than great that it took as long as it did. I commented to my son 15 seconds after the goal that it was no good. It was that obvious. Probably someone should get a pink slip over that but I’m glad they got the call right.

Comment

Working...
                                X