Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CCHA Pick 'EM - Even though it's the Inaugural Season, We're Back Baby!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So last year I felt like I was too much of a homer and missed out on picks, so this week I picked a Wisconsin sweep. Ooops!.
    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Bump. Missing some regulars. Get those picks in!

Comment

Week 3 sees our season in full swing. This week's co-winners with 28 points each are giwan and puckdude40 - congrats! And with this performance, giwan becomes the first contestant to claim sole possession of first place - congrats! Bronco Hockey Fan, Critical Thinker, and puckdude40 each went 7-for-8 on the picks this week. As for the bonus, only giwan correctly picked 50 goals scored for the weekend (for those who like symmetry, it was 25 by the away team and 25 by the home team). Here's how the bonus points shook out:
        Code:
        Contestant         Bonus
        GIWAN               10
        mikeeddy19           9
        Icd80                9
        potternmu            8
        <3_Blizzard          8
        Wi.HuskiesFan        8
        Soulbeaver           7
        GoNanooks            7
        puckdude40           7
        beaverhockeyfan      7
        Critical Thinker     6
        SweeneyHawksHockey   5
        gochiefs             4
        MTUHuskyGold         4
        Deejpuck             3
        SectionP             3
        jpfalcon09           2
        John J. MacInnes     1
        More bonus fun for week 4.

Week 4 picks
        View response summaries
        View response details

Comment

Bump. Missing quite a few folks. Don't let an opportunity for pick 'em glory slip through your fingers in week 4!

Comment

The week 4 co-winners with 23 points each were Section P and Soulbeaver who was able to parlay this performance into a first place tie with giwan. I'd like to report that there was a lot of ground made up from this week's bonus, but with 99 assists for the weekend only yours truly was able to pick up a single bonus point. However, the Tommyknocker bonus paid off with the Tommies knocking off Ferris on Saturday. Rather than list the people who cashed in on this seemingly predictable "upset," I'll save everyone the time and space by saying there were seven (7) contestants who did not pick the 'Dawgs to be the inaugural victim (I was one of them - I feel shame). The Tommyknocker bonus is included in this week's standings.

Enough time has passed for us to begin analyzing the race for the Bill Began trophy which is awarded to the contestant with the best pick percentage (basically this would be your likely winner if there was no bonus and assuming everyone picked the same number of games). BroncoHockeyFan is leading the way with a blistering .800 pick percentage.
            Code:
            Contestant        Pick %
            Bronco Hockey Fan  .800
            puckdude40         .767
            Soulbeaver         .711
            <3_Blizzard        .700
            There's a pretty big slate of games for week 5 so no bonus.

Week 5 picks
            View response summaries
            View response details

Comment

Had to go many pages in to find this....bumping to 1st page.
              MTU Huskies 3 time NCAA Champions... and going for more.
              2017-18 WCHA playoff Pick'em Champion!

Comment

The bonus-less week 6 is in the books with mikeeddy19 and Wi.HuskiesFan leading the way with 30 out of a possible 36 points this week. Most of the picks this week were straightforward; only footballguy51 and Wi.HuskiesFan picked BG to upset the Beavers Friday night. No one picked the SLU/LSSU tie on Friday. giwan had a big week and has taken over the lead from Soulbeaver. In the race for the Bill Beagan trophy, puckdude40 is now riding the hot hand and is setting the mark with a .780 pick percentage.

Bonus is back in week 6. Post any questions and I'll answer them straightaway. Though this is the trickiest bonus of the season, I think by now everyone in the field has seen it at least once.

One more thing. In order to move the line on the Minnesota State at Ferris State matchup, picking Ferris State to win on either night is worth double points this week! That's 6 points for a regulation or OT win, 4 points for S/O win, 2 points for a S/O loss. Besides, McKay just broke the NCAA shutout record, what's he got left for motivation? So live dangerously; Save Ferris.

Week 6 picks
                View response summaries
                View response details

Last edited by TalonsUpPuckDown; 10-31-2021, 06:07 AM.

Comment

Great fun!

Comment

Week 6 bump.

Reminder that for Week 7 there will be a Thursday game (Ferris at Michigan State) so those who traditionally post picks on Friday may want to "fall back" next week.

Comment

Spent three weekends in the lower 48 and now that I’m back in Fairbanks I forget to do my picks in time! Oh well, I will try to make it up with the Saturday Sweep!

Comment

Originally posted by GoNanooks View Post
                        Spent three weekends in the lower 48 and now that I’m back in Fairbanks I forget to do my picks in time! Oh well, I will try to make it up with the Saturday Sweep!
                        Was wondering. Good news is that you didn’t lose much ground to the field on Friday and you’re in for Saturday.

Comment

This week, footballguy51 took it to the house in a very big way. Our lone week 6 winner not only correctly picked 7 of 8 games this week, he was the only contestant to cash in on the Ferris State 2-for-1 upset over the Mavs on Friday night. May the odds be ever in your favor.

Both nights, Northern Michigan scored the game winning goal against BU in the first period. I'll save everyone the math and simply summarize that no one was close to picking up a single bonus point. For this week, we'll try a new bonus question; post any questions here and I'll try to get answers quickly.

As for the leaderboard, giwan extends their lead slightly over Soulbeaver and mikeeddy19. BroncoHockeyFan is back in the lead for the Bill Beagan trophy flip-flopping once again with puckdude40.

REMINDER: There is a week 7 Thursday night game so get those picks in early.

Week 7 picks
                          View response summaries
                          View response details

Comment

I had picked BU to win both games and i'm glad I was wrong.

Comment

Crap, got busy and forgot about this fun pick em....even though I'm probably out of the running, I'll join in starting next week just to see how much ground I can make up!

Comment

Originally posted by Scrum Bucket View Post
                                Crap, got busy and forgot about this fun pick em....even though I'm probably out of the running, I'll join in starting next week just to see how much ground I can make up!
                                Join in. You can easily pass me. I am picking as well here as my fantasy football teams are doing.

Comment

Working...
                                X