Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CCHA Pick 'EM - Even though it's the Inaugural Season, We're Back Baby!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCHA Pick 'EM - Even though it's the Inaugural Season, We're Back Baby!!!

Welcome Pick 'Em fans to the inaugural season of the CCHA Pick 'Em contest. We are Covid-free and ready for action! Here are the rules:

Click the link, fill out the form (don't forget your screen name), submit your picks. If you want to change any of your picks, simply fill out a new form. I will take the last submission as your final answer. If you are filling out picks for someone else, be sure to use the proper screen name - once the form is submitted no changes will be allowed.

Scoring:
    3 points for a win (regulation or NCAA OT)
    2 points for a shootout win (CCHA conference games only)
    1 point for a shootout loss (CCHA conference games only)
    0 points for a loss (regulation or NCAA OT)

For OOC regular season and specific tournament games there will be the option to pick a tie. If the game ends in a tie at the end of the NCAA OT period, 3 points will be awarded. If either team wins, zero points will be awarded.

Periodically there will be a bonus question (or two) worth 5-10 points. There are also two bonus questions available only in week 1 that will cover the entire CCHA regular season.

Only NCAA sanctioned games will be counted (no exhibition games).

Playoffs will be single elimination. Playoff participation and seeding will be determined based on the number of participants and overall standings. More on the playoffs later.

Three awards are up for grabs:
    o MacNaughton Cup - Regular season champion as determined by total points
    o Bill Beagan Trophy - Highest regular season points percentage (based solely on picks, no bonus)
    o Mason Cup - Playoff champion

Good luck!

Week 1 picks
    View response summaries

Woot!
    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

I might be missing something, but the second to last question is for the year, right? Why isn't Northern on the list or am I looking at this wrong?
      “They are a **** site better than the U.S. Army, at least we know that they will be there in the morning.”
      – Lewis B. Chesty Puller
      when a journalist asked him about being surrounded by 22. enemy divisions

Comment

Originally posted by devildog View Post
        I might be missing something, but the second to last question is for the year, right? Why isn't Northern on the list or am I looking at this wrong?
        Turds. My bad, it's fixed.

Comment

Great to have this back! Thanks for running the show again TUPD!

Comment

One thing about picking this year. there has been so many transfers and changes and guys staying another year, that figuring out who has a good team and who doesn't is much more difficult. I'm certain there will be a lot of upsets but who upsets who is the question.

Comment

We back! Thanks for running as per usual Talons. Best of luck to all the participants this season.
              2014-15 NCAA Weekly Pick'em Overall and NCAA Tournament Champion

Love and Honor

Comment

Last thread bump before the games start tonight, lots of WCHA Pick 'Em regulars still missing.

Comment

I wonder how many people picked LSSU over UNO. I sure didn't, and it was a real game was it not?

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                    I wonder how many people picked LSSU over UNO. I sure didn't, and it was a real game was it not?
                    The Lakers were picked six times Friday night, UNO was picked 21 times, and there was one tie picked.

Comment

There were a number of upsets which kept the field fairly bunched after week 1. Lots of contestants in first and second.

I'm having technical difficulties at home so we'll have to start the season posting the scoreboard using old school technology

Code:
                      Rank Contestant (W/L/SOW/SOL) This Wk Points Bonus Total Points % Games
                      1 Soulbeaver (5-3-0-0)          15      15    0      15   .625      8
                      1 Redridge (5-3-0-0)            15      15    0      15   .625      8
                      1 potternmu (5-3-0-0)           15      15    0      15   .625      8
                      1 njmav1 (5-3-0-0)              15      15    0      15   .625      8
                      1 Manurespreader (5-3-0-0)      15      15    0      15   .625      8
                      1 John J. MacInnes (5-3-0-0)    15      15    0      15   .625      8
                      1 iwearpurple (5-3-0-0)         15      15    0      15   .625      8
                      1 GIWAN (5-3-0-0)               15      15    0      15   .625      8
                      1 Deejpuck (5-3-0-0)            15      15    0      15   .625      8
                      1 BGSURICK (5-3-0-0)            15      15    0      15   .625      8
                      1 TalonsUpPuckDown (5-3-0-0)    15      15    0      15   .625      8
                      12 SweeneyHawksHockey (4-4-0-0) 12      12    0      12   .500      8
                      12 Stauber1 (4-4-0-0)           12      12    0      12   .500      8
                      12 SectionP (4-4-0-0)           12      12    0      12   .500      8
                      12 mikeeddy19 (4-4-0-0)         12      12    0      12   .500      8
                      12 mbenecke (4-4-0-0)           12      12    0      12   .500      8
                      12 jpfalcon09 (4-4-0-0)         12      12    0      12   .500      8
                      12 Hockey John (4-4-0-0)        12      12    0      12   .500      8
                      12 GoNanooks (4-4-0-0)          12      12    0      12   .500      8
                      12 gochiefs (4-4-0-0)           12      12    0      12   .500      8
                      12 FadeToBlack&Gold (4-4-0-0)   12      12    0      12   .500      8
                      12 Douglas Deprest (4-4-0-0)    12      12    0      12   .500      8
                      12 BillyLP (4-4-0-0)            12      12    0      12   .500      8
                      24 Laker Dude (3-5-0-0)          9       9    0       9   .375      8
                      24 Footballguy51 (3-5-0-0)       9       9    0       9   .375      8
                      24 Critical Thinker (3-5-0-0)    9       9    0       9   .375      8
                      24 Atanarjuat (3-5-0-0)          9       9    0       9   .375      8
                      28 beaverhockeyfan (2-6-0-0)     6       6    0       6   .250      8
                      View response summaries

Comment

Is there a place where I can see what I picked?
                        What did you say?
                        Who own the Chiefs?
                        What did he say?
                        Owns! Owns!

Comment

Originally posted by gochiefs View Post
                          Is there a place where I can see what I picked?
                          I didn’t include that this year as its a bit of a pain but can add it in either later this week or next (having a PC meltdown and can’t make those kinds of updates from my IPad).

Comment

Bump. Missing a number of regulars this week.

Comment

Week 2 is in the books. BroncoHockeyFan, Deejpuck, giwan, GoNanooks, iwearpurple, and John J. MacInnes were this week's co-winners with 33 points. Can't quite say we're seeing separation at the top of the leaderboard as a number of regulars from previous WCHA seasons joined us this week. Week 3 traditionally sees the bonus make its first appearance and this year is no exception. Let me know if there are questions. To make newcomers feel welcome I've also added a third year end bonus. Also, at no cost to you, we'll be going with the CCHA color scheme this year.

Edit: I should mention that Northern's 8 goals this weekend against the Tommies sets the benchmark for the yearly bonus.

Week 3 picks
                              View response summaries
                              View response details

Last edited by TalonsUpPuckDown; 10-14-2021, 03:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X