No announcement yet.

2021-22 UVM Catamounts: Cats Gone Global

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yup...have been following closely and apparently the Woodcroft NHL European revolution hash't quite materialized yet. Too young you say? Fair enough. But the Euros are all about 20...so how much longer?!? Disappointed (again) by how UVM continues to miss such obvious talent in its backyard -- aka Qu?bec. Northeastern's line-up includes Bucheler / Levi / Choupani / Hryckowian an
    d Ryan St. Louis (son of Martin).....like HOW? does does a third tier academic school in Boston get out recruited by Vermont with Quebec kids? I don't get it....

Comment

Starting to get some momentum. 3 unbeaten, and after a blinder by Gabe tonight we're out of last place with games in hand on the teams above us.

Lowell next week will be tough, but we're making progress. Patience.
      https://twitter.com/TheVTHockeyBlog
      https://thevermonthockeyblog.wordpress.com/

Frozen Four: '96, '09
      NCAA Tournament: '88, '96, '97, '09, '10, '14

/r/collegehockey moderator
      Fan of the UVM Catamounts, Charlotte Hornets, Oakland A's, and Philadelphia Union

Comment

Originally posted by TovarishchLisa View Post
        Starting to get some momentum. 3 unbeaten, and after a blinder by Gabe tonight we're out of last place with games in hand on the teams above us.

Lowell next week will be tough, but we're making progress. Patience.
        Love the glass half full view. A little worried they were pummeled 51 shots to 17. Did not see the game. Maybe Maine was launching a lot of blue line shots. I hope Woodcroft
        is not doing the Sneddon turtle after getting a 1-0 lead…

Comment

Originally posted by GreenCat View Post

Love the glass half full view. A little worried they were pummeled 51 shots to 17. Did not see the game. Maybe Maine was launching a lot of blue line shots. I hope Woodcroft
          is not doing the Sneddon turtle after getting a 1-0 lead…
          I feel like the weekend may have been a step back for us. I’ll certainly take the points and strictly in terms of points/standings etc., it was our best weekend of the Woodcroft era. But honestly, I felt we played much better against Providence, when we came away with no points at home. I’m just gonna have to chalk it up to growing pains and that this is all part of the learning process as we develop (hopefully) into a team that can consistently play well week in and week out. But man, if we play like we did against Maine next weekend, Lowell’s gonna eat our lunch!

Comment

It almost seems like there is a habit of playing to the competition. They've played really well against their best opponents, and only mediocre against some of their worst.

Comment

Originally posted by Toronto_1 View Post
              Yup...have been following closely and apparently the Woodcroft NHL European revolution hash't quite materialized yet. Too young you say? Fair enough. But the Euros are all about 20...so how much longer?!? Disappointed (again) by how UVM continues to miss such obvious talent in its backyard -- aka Qu?bec. Northeastern's line-up includes Bucheler / Levi / Choupani / Hryckowian an
              d Ryan St. Louis (son of Martin).....like HOW? does does a third tier academic school in Boston get out recruited by Vermont with Quebec kids? I don't get it....
              Toronto_1

It is obvious that you are a worldly and a sophisticated fellow, a man searching for the answers to life's little mysteries. I know you would never want to make the same mistake twice, so let me share with you some comments and information gleaned from the September, 2021 U.S. News and World Survey's annual college and University rankings:

Despite the pandemic and some new ranking metrics, Northeastern holds on at #49 in the National Universities category. Beanpots and a baseball championship still, apparently, don't count.
              • HEA stablemates: BC - 36; BU - 42; UConn - 63; UMass - 68; Vermont - 117; UNH - 136; Lowell - 179; Maine - 213. In the North Regional Universities Category: Providence - 1; Merrimack - 34.
              • CAA stablemates: W&M - 38; Elon - 83; Delaware - 93; Drexel - 103; Hofstra - 162; UNCW - 187; Towson - 196. In the South Regional Universities category: James Madison - 3; Charleston - 9.
              Perhaps you would like to explain to me and your reader(s): If Northeastern is a "third tier academic school in Boston", what do these rankings imply about Vermont???

Comment

Nice day for Maata and Munzenburger at the Jr Worlds yesterday. They were both on the ice for the opening face off, both logged significant playing time, both scored goals, and Munzenburger was the game MVP for Germany

Comment

RPI game moved to UVM this Thursday at 2. Season ticket holders get free admission ( watch for email) , others $5 admission.

also Domar Tingling going back to juniors.

Comment

Originally posted by Vermont Ref View Post
                    RPI game moved to UVM this Thursday at 2. Season ticket holders get free admission ( watch for email) , others $5 admission.

also Domar Tingling going back to juniors.
                    He's going back to the USHL. I wonder if he'll rejoin UVM when he ages out of juniors. Also any updates on Buyalsky?

Comment

Originally posted by Vermont2004 View Post

He's going back to the USHL. I wonder if he'll rejoin UVM when he ages out of juniors. Also any updates on Buyalsky?
                      No idea, I know he got hurt in the Colgate series (like everyone else) but we've heard nothing since. Really missing Ted Ryan these days...guy was always on top of this type of stuff.

Also w/r/t Dovar leaving, I wonder if Azzaro joins him on the way out? always felt those two were going to be a package and Dovar is the better player.

Also, fun side note for those following WJC...UVM not only has two current players there, but Slovakia (a team who has UVM assistant Scott Moser as an assistant on the staff) defender Maxim Štrbak committed to UVM not too long ago. Heisenberg list has him slated for a 2023 arrival.

When you factor in commits as well as current players, only Michigan has more top-flight WJC guys this season...I specify top-flight because we're level with them if you include the D1A WJC, where UVM had two guys on the Latvian team (Vitolins and commit Ralfs Bergmanis, who comes in next year).

Fan of the UVM Catamounts, Charlotte Hornets, Oakland A's, and Philadelphia Union

Comment

Good lord, Cats are coming off what was arguably their best game ever under Woodcroft (the loss to Lowell) and today, for most of this game anyway, they've looked like they're skating on double runners. Total snooze-fest of a game with the Cats being badly outplayed by a somewhat mediocre RPI team. I don't know, I didn't think Woodcroft was going to immediately turn things around, but I was hoping to see a little more progress by this point. Let's at least show some life in the 3rd period Cats!

Comment

I still sort of figure this year is year 1 since last was basically a wash. This program was really at rock bottom and I don't anticipate any winning until like 2-3 years from now hopefully.

I think what has gone well is the staff has figured out where to find good players who transfer like Lagunov, Stucker and Babichuk...it sucks the first two I think have to graduate and can't stay an extra year because they are senior but I also don't know about all those Covid rules. Jellus has a lot of promise and I know there are guys dealing with injuries and what not but I really hope some of this core of underclassmen guys can take a big leap and step up to become offensive players so they can actually score. It was very disappointing to read about Dovar Tinling but whatever it was it wasn't clicking and it's not like it becomes a loss in the short term.

I don't remember where I read it but it was an article recently and one of the players was talking about how the coaches let the players take leadership in their own hands and give them more freedom as professionals. I think you can have that but at the same time I think that can be a very concerning thing to read as a fan of UVM especially a team that is 3-12 overall and hasn't shown any consistency or as far as I can tell an identity that lasts game to game. I can see how they are trying to play and I appreciate it and hope it's building blocks which is why I am having a lot of patience and know this isn't going to be rebuilt overnight but the talent upgrade needs to start to gel and they need some real players in here soon that stick together and get this ship righted in the next few years for sure.

Comment

New commit Ethan Bowen:

https://www.eliteprospects.com/playe...52/ethan-bowen

Looks like he was a former UND commit and is a late round pick by the Ducks.

Comment

Not a single post since January 7th?
                              The Cats win at BU .. not a word.
                              Come on UVM fans ... where are you?

Comment

Originally posted by PuckVoice View Post
                                Not a single post since January 7th?
                                The Cats win at BU .. not a word.
                                Come on UVM fans ... where are you?
                                Think a lot of us just wrote this year as a wash because last year was so crazy. Plus the second game of that set was rougghhhh.

Also I personally have just been busy lol

Comment

Working...
                                X