• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TovarishchLisa View Post
    Thanks
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Anyone know why the first RPI goal wasn't reviewed? Looked like pretty clear goalie interference from our seats

Comment

Originally posted by j24vt View Post
        Anyone know why the first RPI goal wasn't reviewed? Looked like pretty clear goalie interference from our seats
        Did not see the game. Should we be getting worried yet? Sounds like pre-season poll might be more accurate than we hoped... :--(.

Comment

Originally posted by j24vt View Post
          I was at the game and thought it was reviewed. I wasn't sure how it was going to turn out because I am a little rusty on the specifics of the rule--it was clear that Johnson's unintentionally collided with the goaltender. I think the referees might have determined that the puck was already heading behind the goaltender, which would have made the contact irrelevant. An announcement to the audience of the reasoning behind the decision would have been welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenCat View Post

Did not see the game. Should we be getting worried yet? Sounds like pre-season poll might be more accurate than we hoped... :--(.
            I am an RPI fan that was at the game. UVM was not bad. They are a good skating team and totally dominated the first 10 minutes of play and were unlucky not to score 1 or 2. After UVM failed to score on a power play midway through the first, RPI got a foothold in the game, got a fortunate break on the first goal and dominated the second period. UVM's goaltender kept them in the game, but UVM had trouble converting chances. The two goals they surrendered came from correctable defensive errors: one was allowing an RPI defenseman to skate in alone from the point and score on a fortunate rebound/collision with the goaltender, and the second was caused by the goaltender's misplay of a puck behind the net during a line change.

The one aspect of UVM's play that impressed me was that they have several defensemen who are good skaters and puckhandlers that are able to carry the puck into the offensive zone and put pressure on the defense (of course, one of them used to do that really well for RPI), but they had a hard time converting that into clear scoring opportunities. I think that will improve as they build team chemistry.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidNardolillo View Post

I am an RPI fan that was at the game. UVM was not bad. They are a good skating team and totally dominated the first 10 minutes of play and were unlucky not to score 1 or 2. After UVM failed to score on a power play midway through the first, RPI got a foothold in the game, got a fortunate break on the first goal and dominated the second period. UVM's goaltender kept them in the game, but UVM had trouble converting chances. The two goals they surrendered came from correctable defensive errors: one was allowing an RPI defenseman to skate in alone from the point and score on a fortunate rebound/collision with the goaltender, and the second was caused by the goaltender's misplay of a puck behind the net during a line change.

The one aspect of UVM's play that impressed me was that they have several defensemen who are good skaters and puckhandlers that are able to carry the puck into the offensive zone and put pressure on the defense (of course, one of them used to do that really well for RPI), but they had a hard time converting that into clear scoring opportunities. I think that will improve as they build team chemistry.
              Thanks for assessment and commentary. It is a rebuilding/new process year for the Cats so hopefully will continue to improve and gel as a team.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidNardolillo View Post

This was my takeaway as well. This team does seem to move the puck pretty well and their defense looks solid. Harmon has been a nice surprise so far as well. Unfortunately the offense still has a long way to go. It's understandable considering how far this program was down at the end of the Sneddon era. Gonna take some time. Unfortunately, probably gonna be 0-6 after this weekend, but who knows...

Also, decent start to the year for Alex Bump in the USHL. Looks like he, Tinling and Eli Barnett are all on the central scouting list for next year's draft.

Comment

Originally posted by NYCatamount89 View Post
                  Unfortunately, probably gonna be 0-6 after this weekend, but who knows...
                  We won't be!

What a comeback tonight. Jellus and Luca were fantastic in particular.
                  https://***********/TheVTHockeyBlog
                  https://thevermonthockeyblog.wordpress.com/

Frozen Four: '96, '09
                  NCAA Tournament: '88, '96, '97, '09, '10, '14

/r/collegehockey moderator
                  Fan of the UVM Catamounts, Charlotte Hornets, Oakland A's, and Philadelphia Union

Comment

Happy to be wrong on this one! Has to be one of the best games the Gut has seen. Wish more people had been in the building to actually see it. Awesome that Walther and Jellus got going. Just for the next couple of hours can we change the name of this thread to "2021-2022 UVM Catamounts: Undefeated in the League" hahaha ;-)

Comment

Why isn’t there more activity on this thread? Cats on NESN tomorrow night. This team will not finish last.

Comment

I missed the Friday night game. The Saturday night game was very fun to watch. Long stretches with no whistles and end to end rushes by both teams. UVM looked good skating through the center ice. Still need to work on playing a full 60 minutes. UNH pretty much spent the 3rd period in UVMs end. Still not a fan of 3v3/shootouts to settle ties.

Comment

I don't like the OT either, but 3v3 on the Olympic sheet was pretty funny to watch.

Comment

A nice win against Dartmouth. The team is looking better each game. This time they killed off that 5 minute major. They never gave up. There is a lot of talent that is starting to click. They know what a regular win is like now so hopefully that feeling sticks with them. Two wins at Maine would be a good boost in confidence. This team has real potential, but please no more majors.

Comment

Totally agree. It’s nice to see them improving as individual players, and as a team. I wouldn’t be surprised to see them catch fire and rack up a bunch of wins before the season ends.

Originally posted by Vermont Ref View Post
                              A nice win against Dartmouth. The team is looking better each game. This time they killed off that 5 minute major. They never gave up. There is a lot of talent that is starting to click. They know what a regular win is like now so hopefully that feeling sticks with them. Two wins at Maine would be a good boost in confidence. This team has real potential, but please no more majors.

Comment

Yes, hoping they continue to improve and rack up some wins. Honestly, I’m still experiencing PTSD from the two Providence games. Those were truly heartbreaking.

Comment

Working...
                                X