Wisconsin Hockey 21-22: Your Guess Is As Good As Mine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by aktick View Post
    The sad thing is a guy with his history, all the NHL playing and coaching bucks he’s made, you’d think he’d voluntarily step away for the good of the program…but I suppose the competitor in him won’t allow it.
    I feel the same way. For the love of the U, step aside, but when a person is in a bad spot, they still think they have the answers to solve it. Very few humans will admit defeat, especially a coach of a college or professional sports team.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Strobie has resigned.....so no buyout then, right?

Please bring in a nonBadger with a ton of experience from a solid program.

Comment

• First domino falls.

This process of firing a coach over a full season is exhausting.
        If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

• Thank God something has happened although it's not the resignation I was hoping for.

Comment

• Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
            First domino falls.

This process of firing a coach over a full season is exhausting.
            Immediate gratification takes too long?
            The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Was he given an ultimatum? Resign or be fired? The 2nd assistant position is definitely not the person controlling the day to day ops nor recruiting.

ultimately I feel bad this hasn’t worked because all 3 of the coaches were great Badger players, they just didn’t get it done as coaches. Unfortunately, because of this malaise added to Eaves’s last 2 seasons, Wisconsin is out of the conversation for ncaa tourneys and championships and that hurts far more than recruiting.
              Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                Strobie has resigned.....so no buyout then, right?

Please bring in a nonBadger with a ton of experience from a solid program.
                I am guessing there was a negotiation on that.
                gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

• One down, two to go.

"Getcha popcorn ready"
                  "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

• Originally posted by GoBucky18 View Post
                    it's officially a TG problem, not just speculation anymore.
                    Speculation? It's been officially official for 3 years!

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

• Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                      Remember when we thought having two committed USNTDP goalies meant we had a shot at getting back to our days of high end netminding?

Neither of them have reached drinking age yet and neither of them are still with the program (one never showed up).

Its not fair to be hard on Rowe (he played on an atrocious team for a coach that has defense as an afterthought, if he thinks of it at all), but…
                      • According to the stats I see, you have to go all the way back to Jamey Gremore (try to think of what year that was) to find a goalie that had a worse GAA with at least as many minutes as Rowe had last year.
                      Jamey Gremore reference. Awesome.

Comment

• Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                        Was he given an ultimatum? Resign or be fired? The 2nd assistant position is definitely not the person controlling the day to day ops nor recruiting.
                        He an associate head coach, I would call him more than just a second guy. Who is the lead recruiter/evaluator?

I don't believe he quit on his own, he was out recruiting a few weeks ago according to TDM.

Is this a sliver of hope?
                        Last edited by Timothy A; 04-19-2022, 12:37 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

He an associate head coach, I would call him more than just a second guy. Who is the lead recruiter/evaluator?

I don't believe he quit on his own, he was out recruiting a few weeks ago according to TDM.

Is this a sliver of hope?
                          Osiecki is the lead recruiter. I agree he didn't just all of a sudden resign on his own.
                          gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

• I didnt mean speculation from our perspective, just that how an athletic dept staff looks at it. If anything, the UW Ath Dept is crushingly methodical in how they evaluate coaches. Which is good, but sometimes, like in this case, when all the fans know something needs to be done and the cat is out of the bag, but yet they want to follow their process.

Comment

• If Strobs did really resign on his own, he had to have thought the writing was on the wall, esp since they are saying it wasnt a company directed fire. That being said, the fact TG was so "company line" about it, I wonder, if they are bracing for their own heads to roll on Fri. Things have been eerily quiet.

Its almost past time to do a wholesale coaching change though, I dont know. Dont see how they get the 1yr extensions this week.

At this point I dont know who they wpuld be able to reel in w/o next yr being a total loss. TM mentioned the St. Norbert HC, for Strobs, and that almost seemed very specific. Almost like King is gonna dismiss TG.

Lots of questions at this point.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoBucky18 View Post
                                If Strobs did really resign on his own, he had to have thought the writing was on the wall, esp since they are saying it wasnt a company directed fire. That being said, the fact TG was so "company line" about it, I wonder, if they are bracing for their own heads to roll on Fri. Things have been eerily quiet.

Its almost past time to do a wholesale coaching change though, I dont know. Dont see how they get the 1yr extensions this week.

At this point I dont know who they wpuld be able to reel in w/o next yr being a total loss. TM mentioned the St. Norbert HC, for Strobs, and that almost seemed very specific. Almost like King is gonna dismiss TG.

Lots of questions at this point.
                                I won’t be surprised by a lack of extension (and bet the coaches would understand that message), but I don’t think there is any chance of firing on Friday. The Athletic Board meeting is merely when they vote on contract extensions. It is a regularly scheduled meeting. They don’t make coach hiring and firing decisions in regularly scheduled meetings. Those would happen in a special session.

I read the response in Milewski’s story to the news earlier this week as a head coach who was close to the guy leaving (likely not on his own accord) going out of his way to let the resigning coach save as much face as possible on his way out, that’s the kind of guy TG is. I have no doubt that Strobel leaving was a result of the evaluation that has already occurred. I cannot believe that UW would have let a head coach that they were about to fire go down to represent the team at the league/conference meetings and coaches’ conference in Florida this week.
                                Last edited by sunprairie; 04-21-2022, 12:40 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X