No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey 21-22: Your Guess Is As Good As Mine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cole is out at MSU. UW is destined for last place now.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• https://twitter.com/ToddMilewski/sta...85177725943811

Rowe in the transfer portal. Not surprising....
      gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

• Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
        https://twitter.com/ToddMilewski/sta...85177725943811

Rowe in the transfer portal. Not surprising....
        Honestly he looked terrible last year. The year before he played with more poise and composure. It looked like he was trying way too hard this year. TG mentally destroyed him.

Comment

• Remember when we thought having two committed USNTDP goalies meant we had a shot at getting back to our days of high end netminding?

Neither of them have reached drinking age yet and neither of them are still with the program (one never showed up).

Its not fair to be hard on Rowe (he played on an atrocious team for a coach that has defense as an afterthought, if he thinks of it at all), but…
          • According to the stats I see, you have to go all the way back to Jamey Gremore (try to think of what year that was) to find a goalie that had a worse GAA with at least as many minutes as Rowe had last year.
          If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
            TG mentally destroyed him.
            We don’t know what we don’t know, but how’s this for a low bar: TG didn’t whine about him at every press conference and interview like he did with Lebedeff.

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Comment

• Man…what about Don Lucia? Anyone, please god anyone but this current staff. They’ve had enough time already.

Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

• It's sad to see the state of a once proud WI mens hockey program. We once again have an AD who could care less about hockey. There needs to be changes to this staff and the athletic dept is just giving bs sound bites until the pressure blows over. Then it's business as usually until they stink at everything they do again next year. If you want to be in a position of power you need to be willing to do the hard things like telling TG it's time. I'm sick of all the excuses and the staff accepting no responsibility.

Comment

• I do wish Rowe all the best and I hope succeeds beyond his wildest expectations.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                    I do wish Rowe all the best and I hope succeeds beyond his wildest expectations.
                    Agreed. He had no chance to improve at Wisconsin. Off to Western Michigan which had the starter sign a pro contract and the 2 backups transferred out. I suspect he will be much better next year just based on the situation. Getting transfers in over you twice in two years has to affect your confidence.

https://twitter.com/ToddMilewski/sta...18692836438017
                    gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

Comment

• It's like Kyle Hayton all over again. Bring in a guys from a low rent, defense first league like the ECAC and then watch him get absolutely shelled in the Big10.

Only dofference is he isnt coming in as a savior like Hayton, as Moe is the starter hands down.

Although, we now know if Rowe goes into the NCHC and has a great year, it's officially a TG problem, not just speculation anymore.

Comment

• And to top that Michigan is probably flipping clpse to their entire roster this year, or so it seems. Will be concrete proof TG is a terrible coach if the weasels bring in a crap ton of bad news bears transfers and FR and whoop us. Lol

Comment

• I have updated the recruiting spreadsheet.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...0oE/edit#gid=0

I have gone a different direction with it now using the information that is out there to show who could be attending class for Wisconsin the year they are actually projected to enter. If they are not "actually" committed to a year, they go into the "Potential Future category." Hope this doesn't bother anyone.

Hope everyone is well. I'll be checking in again from time to time.
                          Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

• When is Granato’s contract up? Is the general thinking that they just don’t want to buy him
                            out?

The sad thing is a guy with his history, all the NHL playing and coaching bucks he’s made, you’d think he’d voluntarily step away for the good of the program…but I suppose the competitor in him won’t allow it.

Too bad. Hopefully in a few years they can get me mildly interested again! Have a good summer boys, was nice reading back through the thread and seeing a lot of familiar “faces” still here toughing it out.

Comment

• I’m guessing his contract is the usual 4-year one, extended annually.

The most likely scenario right now is he’s going to not get his renewal this year, to lower the buyout if the team remains terrible this year.

Its what happened to Eaves.

Comment

• 4 years TG, 3 years Oz, 2 years MS - Granato alone is 2.4m, not counting the other 2. If they get the auto extension I’m done following the team. I think that meeting is coming up this week on 4/22, so we'll know soon. But it's another year, at least, with this coaching staff.

Here is the article if you want to read it: https://madison.com/sports/college/h...2e4ef693b.html
                                Last edited by WiscTJK; 04-18-2022, 07:32 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X