Wisconsin Hockey 21-22: Your Guess Is As Good As Mine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
    I’m shocked Oz and MS have more than one year contracts. I don’t think that is typical. Maybe I’m wrong. They better not get extended!
    They are associate head coaches you know.

If I were UW, I'd reach out under the table to Hastings and ask him if UW had an opening, would he come here? If yes, I'd shake the bushes for buyout $$$ and close the deal.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

They are associate head coaches you know.

If I were UW, I'd reach out under the table to Hastings and ask him if UW had an opening, would he come here? If yes, I'd shake the bushes for buyout $$$ and close the deal.
      What makes anyone think that Hastings would want to come to Wisconsin - or leave Mankato at all? It seems the school, even before this year, has made him very comfortable. He has a 10-year $350k annual contract since 2017. I'm going to guess that if they win tonight, that deal could be renegotiated again. If he wants to be a college hockey coach, part of that is building a legacy, and he seems proud of the one he's built in Mankato. He just doesn't seem like the kind of guy who would cut bait on what he's built without a really good reason (like maybe an NHL job to do something he hasn't already accomplished.) But if he wants to be a college coach, I just don't see him making a lateral move vs. being the country's best coach at a program he's built and defined as his.

https://www.mankatofreepress.com/spo...0%24350%2C000.

Comment

• Wisconsin even fell into the NTDP trap of going after those players and they do not stick around to impact the program
        they forgot about the 20 year old players that are peaking out of juniors and will impact your program for 4-5 years

Comment

• Originally posted by sunprairie View Post

There is something to be said for why almost every other college hockey arena is half or less of the capacity of the KC. It makes it way harder to build to “full.” I’ll take the atmosphere of a consistently full 4,000 seat arena like Notre Dame’s over a crowd of 7-9,000 at the KC any day.
          This is what I'm talking about. The goals have dropped so far for the UW program. Instead of packing the 15,000 Kohl and getting wild like WE HAVE in the past... now we talk about "oh, well, maybe maybe we should have some piddly little place so it sounds better".

It's like you got old, got fat, and now you are searching for a 3 girlfriend instead of a 10. This is how a program dies. Expectations are now at an extreme low. Due to the Athletic Department. And now fans are following in line.

Comment

• Who ya got, boys? DU? MSUM?
            I like them both, but the old school WCHA in me likes the Pio's.

I'm happy with either team strapping on the ChampionChip Belt.
            "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

• Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
              Who ya got, boys? DU? MSUM?

Was pulling for MSU, as I admire what Hastings had done, but the wheels came off in the third.
              gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

• Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                Who ya got, boys? DU? MSUM?

I was rooting for the Mavs - we don't want anyone getting too far in front of us in total # of national championships - but, Denver is better than Michigan or sota would have been. Watching that game, it really struck home how long its been since the badgers have played in a packed house/high intensity environment - and how much I miss those WCHA final fives and Kohl Center being packed (I remember #1 vs #2 regular season vs NoDak). Here's hoping things turn around.

Comment

• I was cheering for Mankato but…good for Denver to tie Michigan at 9 titles. And they’ve now won 2 titles in 5 years with 2 different coaches in this “new” era that Wisconsin can’t possibly compete in.

With that off my chest:
                  fire Granato, Osiecki, Strobel and the entire rest of the staff that supports UW men’s hockey tomorrow. And that means firing Jason King.

Wisconsin deserves no answers/explanation as to why we’re going to give up all 6 of our seats 19 rows up center ice.

They need to make a goddamn choice now. Cut the program or do what’s right for the legacy and the fans.
                  Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

• I was cheering for Mankato but…good for Denver to tie Michigan at 9 titles. And they’ve now won 2 titles in 5 years with 2 different coaches in this “new” era that Wisconsin can’t possibly compete in.

With that off my chest:
                    fire Granato, Osiecki, Strobel and the entire rest of the staff that supports UW men’s hockey tomorrow. And that means firing Jason King.

Wisconsin deserves no answers/explanation as to why we’re going to give up all 6 of our seats 19 rows up center ice.

They need to make a goddamn choice now. Cut the program or do what’s right for the legacy and the fans.

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Comment

• Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                      I was cheering for Mankato but…good for Denver to tie Michigan at 9 titles. And they’ve now won 2 titles in 5 years with 2 different coaches in this “new” era that Wisconsin can’t possibly compete in.

With that off my chest:

I agree, but nothing will happen except no extension. It’s a sad state of affairs.

Speaking of Denver, Carle is 32 years old. Crazy. They could be dominant for decades with him at the helm. He spoke at a hockey backer luncheon and seems like a great guy.
                      gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

Comment

I agree, but nothing will happen except no extension. It’s a sad state of affairs.

Speaking of Denver, Carle is 32 years old. Crazy. They could be dominant for decades with him at the helm. He spoke at a hockey backer luncheon and seems like a great guy.
                        Took a rough shock and forced retirement and turned it into what’s already a very impressive coaching career.
                        If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

• Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post

Took a rough shock and forced retirement and turned it into what’s already a very impressive coaching career.
                          Well they had Monty for a couple years (actually 5), until the Dallas Stars came calling....

Comment

Well they had Monty for a couple years (actually 5), until the Dallas Stars came calling....
                            Monty would be a great hire by the way: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Mo...ry_(ice_hockey)

Comment

Yes! If Carle stays at DU he could win several more titles and put the record out of reach for quite some time to all but Michigan and Nodak.

I’m happy for him and good for a legacy program to be kicking ***.

Hastings will win a title or two as well. Abd Sandelin may have another 1 or 2 as well before he’s done.

Comment

Monty would be a great hire by the way: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Mo...ry_(ice_hockey)
                                Agreed! Saw him play in 93 with Kariya. Great player and just as great a coach.

Comment

Working...
                                X