No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey 21-22: Your Guess Is As Good As Mine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goalie shake-up....shocker.....Grannon heading to PSU, McClennan transfering from Hurst, 3 years left. TG must be a heck of a salesman.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• The best atmosphere I’ve ever been a part of was the D3 championship in 2019 at KB Willett Arena (capacity of 1800 or so). Had to wait 45-60 minutes in line just to get into the building an hour early. OT winner for UWSP to finish the season undefeated and bring back the 6th National Championship blew the roof off the top of the building.

I say this is as someone who had Saturday season tickets when the Kohl Center was getting 13,000+ fans a night.
      Last edited by digitalbooya; 04-02-2022, 10:02 AM.

Comment

• Well if we start playing at La Bahn, the program is pretty much waiving the white flag.

Not that I trust anyone in the AD to make the current situation better anyway.
        If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

• Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
          Well if we start playing at La Bahn, the program is pretty much waiving the white flag.

Not that I trust anyone in the AD to make the current situation better anyway.
          I don't think the Kohl Center atmosphere is the problem. People will come see a winning team.

Comment

• Most of the diehards who went to the Dane County Colesium have either grown too old to attend the games OR have tuned out Wisconsin hockey due to numerous aforementioned factors.

it will take decades to build a new fan base. Decades of winning and building new traditions. PSU has proven you can create or build atmosphere in the modern era.

Wisconsin would rather stay lazy and go through the motions.

Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
              Most of the diehards who went to the Dane County Colesium have either grown too old to attend the games OR have tuned out Wisconsin hockey due to numerous aforementioned factors.

it will take decades to build a new fan base. Decades of winning and building new traditions. PSU has proven you can create or build atmosphere in the modern era.

Wisconsin would rather stay lazy and go through the motions.
              Pegula Arena at PSU has a great atmosphere, largely because it seats 6,000, so even a crowd of 4,000 seems huge and loud. I know the KC has rocked at capacity in the past. But when capacity is 15,000, you really have a huge mountain to climb before it feels as full and loud as a 6,000-seat barn. The building is great, it’s just at such an outlying end in the size of college hockey arenas that even when we technically sell top-3 ticket numbers nationwide even in bad years, it still is far from the full seats that are needed to not “seem” empty. There is something to be said for why almost every other college hockey arena is half or less of the capacity of the KC. It makes it way harder to build to “full.” I’ll take the atmosphere of a consistently full 4,000 seat arena like Notre Dame’s over a crowd of 7-9,000 at the KC any day.

Comment

• Originally posted by digitalbooya View Post
                I don't think the Kohl Center atmosphere is the problem. People will come see a winning team.
                I agree with this. I think you'd get close to capacity for the B16 teams if UW was ranked in the top 10.

It would have been interesting to see the attendance for the Goal Caufield year.

Comment

• https://madison.com/sports/college/h...2e4ef693b.html

Sounds like there will be minimal if any changes.
                  gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

• Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
                    https://madison.com/sports/college/h...2e4ef693b.html

Sounds like there will be minimal if any changes.
                    So April 22 is kind of a deadline as far as contract extensions go. Currently TG is on the books for 4 years, Oz 3, MS 2. Please don't extend anyone. Please.

Comment

• I’m cautiously optimistic that there will not be any extensions
                      If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

• I’m shocked Oz and MS have more than one year contracts. I don’t think that is typical. Maybe I’m wrong.

They better not get extended!
                        gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

Comment

• Why oh why didn’t Alvarez go get Hastings six years ago? We’d be in a much better place right now I guarantee it.

Comment

• What a great night. Rodents and Weasels eliminated on the same night. I would love to have team like the Mavs. One draft pick, but a team full of guys with heart.

Comment

• I’m so glad the weasels got knocked out. I don’t want them getting #10 before Nodak and Denver. Unfortunately, Wisconsin isn’t in that conversation anymore.

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Comment

• Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
                                Why oh why didn’t Alvarez go get Hastings six years ago? We’d be in a much better place right now I guarantee it.
                                Guaranteed Hastings would have Wisconsin in the NCAA’s if not annually then 4 of every 5 years.

Comment

Working...
                                X